Sports Cards Collectors

Fitzroy

@clyde, styx, Wink3, courtmaster, derrick28

Those card/pick-ups are sweet. Very nice cards... :thumbsupsmiley:

@styx

I'll send you a new price guide when I subscribe again...

This thread is getting better and better, more collectors and more posters. Keep it u guys! :cool:

BTW, regarding the banner we disscussed before, I made two sigs that we can use, ewan ko lang kung magustuhan nyo, feel free to use them if you like. :zorro:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c233/Razvyaska/MTCSig.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c233/Razvyaska/MJ.png

:mtc:

^dshock: Pwede!!! Nice!!! I like the first banner.. IMO, I like the picture of the cards than the picture of Michael Jordan.. But I would like to have cards of other companies cards like Topps or Fleer in the banner.. Kasi yung pinakita mo puros Exquisite (Upper Deck).. :) But all in all, I like the first banner.. Galing mo, dude!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by revi
For you Revi! Just arrive today sa mail.

Kamukhang-kamukha nung akin ah.. :P Nice!!! :cool: BTW, Duncan has not signed for over a year now.. His last autographs were for 05-06 Topps Big Game.. Pipirma pa kaya ito? :(

If you back read (on this thread), you will some of the pictures of my Duncan collection.. and my legends.. I posted pictures here before.. Kaso, ngayon I don't need to post pictures of my collection anymore dahil madami na sa inyo ang nag-po-post ng pics.. :cool:

Revi, we miss your posts as well. We would love to hear your latest acquisitions as well.

DShock job well down! I concur with Revi on the first choice. It looks neat and green. hehehe Maybe ass a Drexler card? And the Players that we all collect. Like Revi's Duncan, malone, Drexler, MJ, Hakeem that way we have great representations and colelctors from this thread would love that. hehehe

By the way, anyone of you tried trading with people overseas? How was your experience? Did the trade ended well? What shipping did you use? How long did it reach like say the US? How did you ensure that the person you traded cards with was honest and dependable?

so far my experience with buying cards at ebay have all been successful but I'm looking at trading cards as well so it won't cost me that much shelling our cash...although the shipping the risk might just equal the cash alternative...

So anyone who might want to share?

People in this thread before have asked me how I store my cards.. I said some are in binders, some are in shoe boxes, some are in screw down, or top-loaders.. I also said that I have a small shrine in my office where I display only my favorite cards..

I would like to share my small shrine.. Below is a picture of it.. First floor, some of my Duncan stuff/cards.. includes Bobbing Heads, and some figures, rookie cards and rare inserts, autographs, patches, 1 of 1's and Exquisite cards.. Second Floor, is my Spurs collection.. like rookie and autographed cards of DRob, Tony Parker, Bruce Bowen, Sean Elliot and Manu Ginobili.. This is where you would also find the signatures of some players that Duncan played or is playing with.. e.g., Steve Kerr, Steve Smith, Beno Udrih (Exquisite RC), Devin Brown, Michael Finley, Fabricio Oberto, Avery Johnson, many more.. etc..

The last palapag is where I put my other player collections.. Yao Ming, Shaq, Kobe, Jordan, TMac, Vince Carter, and my Wilt Autograph.. Medyo okay na ako sa mga ito..

I hope I could get my hands on rarer Duncan/Spurs stuff na mailalagay ko sa first and second floors.. :D

post-75683-1175237213.jpg

hey guys! i picked up a package from the Makati Post Office today during office hours (i got the post office notice around 1:30pm) when i got there, i got so excited that i almost shouted at the post office counter since they were so slow in inspecting my package and they were so sloppy in ripping off the tape and the bubble envelop i was so scared that they might damage the cards. anyway, they looked closely at the cards when they were able to see it. i thought they would ask me to pay more for taxes. anyway, here are the cards that i got earlier.

post-43017-1175251291.jpg post-43017-1175251308.jpg

Pls. take note that i only paid for the SP Authentic and the seller added the RC as goodwill! :cool:

By the way, anyone of you tried trading with people overseas? How was your experience? Did the trade ended well? What shipping did you use? How long did it reach like say the US? How did you ensure that the person you traded cards with was honest and dependable?

so far my experience with buying cards at ebay have all been successful but I'm looking at trading cards as well so it won't cost me that much shelling our cash...although the shipping the risk might just equal the cash alternative...

I'm a regular on different trading board sites such as Beckett & Hobbykings. I also used to join some other in other countries such as ozcardtrader in australia, etc.

I just only have bad experience before with one trader. The deal is $250.00 worth of autographed cards. In return, i will supposed to received the legends autos i need. The guy's name is Roland Villaron. Who's a regular on both Beckett & HK site. He's actually a Filipino resides now in Seattle. He has a good feedback rating & almost everyday we chatted on the board.

But that was before when i started to ask about regarding my cards from him. Our deal was Aug. 20 & the cards still not arrived. I have a couple of friend's from the board saw him on the football site. He is still ignoring my emails & message for him.

He continuosly hiding from me until now coz he know i've got a lot of spy's on the board..

He's user id is ROGER'S DAD!!!!

Beware in case you encounter him soon on Beckett or Hobbykings

:thumbsdownsmiley:

hey guys! i picked up a package from the Makati Post Office today during office hours (i got the post office notice around 1:30pm) when i got there, i got so excited that i almost shouted at the post office counter since they were so slow in inspecting my package and they were so sloppy in ripping off the tape and the bubble envelop i was so scared that they might damage the cards. anyway, they looked closely at the cards when they were able to see it. i thought they would ask me to pay more for taxes. anyway, here are the cards that i got earlier.

post-43017-1175251291.jpg post-43017-1175251308.jpg

Pls. take note that i only paid for the SP Authentic and the seller added the RC as goodwill! :cool:

Nice pickup styx310 :thumbsupsmiley:

Need ko nga din Karl Malone auto. Nabenta ko kase yung sakin before. Ngyon gusto ko yung 01 Pros & Prospects auto jersey nya!

Edited by courtmaster

Nice display papa revi!!!! :cool:

Sa ngayn sa binders muna ang mga cards ko. I used to have a display shelf before nung nag toys pako pero puro gamit na ang nakalagay..... :(

Courtmaster thanks for the encouragement and the warning! Yeah sad to hear that about the Filipino who duped you. Hope he relents, repents and gets back to you.

Styx! Right on! Happy for you bro! Great cards you got there! I can almost see my Drexler SOT and Fleer RC side by side with those two cards of yours!

Meron ka na pala papi Revs. Pasalubong ko pa naman sana sa iyo pag-uwi ko. Hehehe. Superduper nice shrine pare!!! Kakaingit. Magawa na sin ung sa kin!

Send nyo via padded bubble mailer enveloped in a tapped top loader. With the printed ebay reciept. Send via registered post with delivery confirmation. Para wala silang lusot pag cnabi di dumating. Dey nid to sign that they recieved the item.

ATTENTION: ALL NBA CARD COLLECTORS,

Our own VERTU was interviewed last Monday re: the hobby by people at QTV Channel 11's PULSO (I was actually there when they interviewed him).. His collection was also showcased.. this will be shown on April 2 at around 9:45PM - 10:30 PM at QTV Channel 11.. This is a good exposure for the hobby and I hope many would-be collectors would be able to watch the interview..

I hope we can all catch it..

Again, just a reminder for everyone:

VERTU's interview will be shown on APRIL 2 (this coming Monday) at QTV Channel 11's PULSO, around 9:45PM to 10:30PM.. :cool:

Meron ka na pala papi Revs. Pasalubong ko pa naman sana sa iyo pag-uwi ko. Hehehe. Superduper nice shrine pare!!! Kakaingit. Magawa na sin ung sa kin!

Send nyo via padded bubble mailer enveloped in a tapped top loader. With the printed ebay reciept. Send via registered post with delivery confirmation. Para wala silang lusot pag cnabi di dumating. Dey nid to sign that they recieved the item.

Ako papa derrick ala pasalubong? pwede na ko sa twin sa quezon ave. haha :D

ATTENTION: ALL NBA CARD COLLECTORS,

Our own VERTU was interviewed last Monday re: the hobby by people at QTV Channel 11's PULSO (I was actually there when they interviewed him).. His collection was also showcased.. this will be shown on April 2 at around 9:45PM - 10:30 PM at QTV Channel 11.. This is a good exposure for the hobby and I hope many would-be collectors would be able to watch the interview..

I hope we can all catch it..

Again, just a reminder for everyone:

VERTU's interview will be shown on APRIL 2 (this coming Monday) at QTV Channel 11's PULSO, around 9:45PM to 10:30PM.. :cool:

That's great!!!! Cant wait to see papa revi on cam!!! Gwapo yan sa personal!!! :boo:

Nga pala just wanna greet advance Happy Birthday ke papa Vertu on April 4!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

Sabay lang tayo halos April 6 ako natapat lang ng byernes santo :hypocritesmiley:

Courtmaster, by the way how do send your cards overseas? Post office? DHL? If post office how much and how long? If DHL or FEDEX how much and how long before it reaches its destination? Thanks a lot!

I usually send card via padded bubbled envelop sa post office on a regular mail. Syempre pag high end card na you want to track i send mo sya via EMS or Express Mail Service.

Regular airmail usually arrived there within 7-10 days buts depends kung nde na stock dun sa local post office nila. Minsan kase me mahigpit na country like Australia & Canada. Masyado binubusisi yung laman ng package unlike na US na ok lang basta approved na dito.

An EMS or Express mail Service usually arrived there at 4-6 days with online tracking via every country's like usps.com, ice.aupost, etc.

Hope this helps :cool:

Courtmaster - twin? Anu yun? Naku dre mukhang napaglipasan nako dyan sa quezon ave. Hangang pick-up lang ako sa Mcdo nung highschool eh. Hehehe.

Revi - Hanap ako iba na wala ka pa. Ngayun ko lang napansin Wilt auto pala ung nsa ilalim ng shrine mo no? Lupit ah! Ayus si Vertu ah! Celebrity status na. Dapat pati kaw Rev's inenterview nila.

Everyone - Ok lang ba kayo sa sticker auto? Parang it defeats the purpose for me eh. Does it affect ung decision nyo to buy or pay higher for an item?

Everyone - Ok lang ba kayo sa sticker auto? Parang it defeats the purpose for me eh. Does it affect ung decision nyo to buy or pay higher for an item?

Sticker autos are a total crap! :grr:

Parang nawawala ung legitimacy nung card kasi you just put a sticker with someone's auto on it then pass it on as an autographed card?! :thumbsdownsmiley:

Grabe na ang marketing power ng mga card companies ngaun, hehe.. They just let a player sign on a bunch of stickers and after pasting that to a card, PRESTO! May malaking value na ung card, hehe.. <wala bang smiley na dollar signs ang mata? insert ko sana dito>

I think a real and legitimate autographed card should be one in which the player really did sign on the card itself, d ba? Mas maganda talagang bilhin ung on-card auto kaysa sa sticker auto although I'll still grab a sticker auto of my favorite player lalo na pag mura benta, hehe.. ;)

I noticed na mas common sa mga release ng Topps ang sticker auto kaysa sa ibang card companies or is it me just noticing too many UD Exquisite autos around? BTW, pahingi naman ng trivia jan. Can someone tell me kung ano'ng card company ba una'ng nagpalabas ng sticker auto at sa anong card? Ano kaya reaction ng mga collectors noon?

Courtmaster - twin? Anu yun? Naku dre mukhang napaglipasan nako dyan sa quezon ave. Hangang pick-up lang ako sa Mcdo nung highschool eh. Hehehe.

Revi - Hanap ako iba na wala ka pa. Ngayun ko lang napansin Wilt auto pala ung nsa ilalim ng shrine mo no? Lupit ah! Ayus si Vertu ah! Celebrity status na. Dapat pati kaw Rev's inenterview nila.

Nyak, dinala mo pa nga kame ni papa dave nung before ka umalis dito. ngayn lang nga ako nakapunta sa ganun :hypocritesmiley: hehehe

We'll for me ayoko ng sticker auto. Pero kung no choice ka at need mo yung card na yun eh grab it na. Like for example, i collect top 50 legends auto. Dave Bing doest have auto on card & all of the autos issued on him were on sticker kaya i'l decide to get it nalang kesa wala diba? :thumbsupsmiley:

That's great!!!! Cant wait to see papa revi on cam!!! Gwapo yan sa personal!!! :boo:

Nga pala just wanna greet advance Happy Birthday ke papa Vertu on April 4!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

Sabay lang tayo halos April 6 ako natapat lang ng byernes santo :hypocritesmiley:

Ngek! Pareng court, only Vertu was interviewed.. Si Jun T., in-interview din for his toy collection.. I was not seen on TV.. Andun lang ako sa side.. Shy ako sa camera!!! Naks!!! :boo:

Vertu's b-day is actually tomorrow.. April 02.. (Yep, same date as the showing of his interview!!) He is in the States, that is the reason why he has not been present in the MTC boards.. :)

Advance Happy B-day, pare!!! :D

Edited by revi