Condo Unit Or House & Lot?

If you travel a lot, then a condo, provided the developer is a reputable one. All you need to do is lock your door and you need not worry about being burglarized.

However, if you are in your area of work most of the time, there is no better way to live than to invest in a nice house, provided that it is located in a gated community.

• Like (+1) 1
  • 1 month later...

House and lot, especially is the house is a detached unit...

I got mine in 2007 in a newly opened phase in a village development in Marilao, the whole package, H&L, was 650K...

Imagine my surprise when I talked to occasional neighbors last month (I visit the house once every 9-10 days) when I was told that the market value of the properties there was already pegged at 1.4M...

Not bad investment, I would say...

House and lot, especially is the house is a detached unit...

I got mine in 2007 in a newly opened phase in a village development in Marilao, the whole package, H&L, was 650K...

Imagine my surprise when I talked to occasional neighbors last month (I visit the house once every 9-10 days) when I was told that the market value of the properties there was already pegged at 1.4M...

Not bad investment, I would say...

Congrats jc!

Pero why only visit and not live in it?

House and Lot. Katakot kaya pag may lindol o sunog.

Choose condos away from fault lines if you are particularly afraid of potential destruction of building due to quakes. Re fire, choose condos with sprinklers.

Fire mostly happens to houses than condos because of 2 things: short circuit due to "tapping" and gas leaks.

What is more likely to happen is flooding inside of house and lots. Condo residents are spared from getting their properties damaged as the ground floor itself is elevated, much more higher floors. It's actually sad to see from my balcony on 25th floor the spate of destruction caused by floods on houses below.

But you can also choose elevated areas to buy your house on. I did this myself, I moved out of the city that floods and went farther into the jungles (LOL) on top of a big hill and that is where I chose to build.

Now for every pro there is a con. Elevated areas avoid flooding but you get landslides so make sure also embankments are fortified with large stones or boulders. The main cause of erosion is soil getting hit by rain that they loosen over time and starts to roll down. Stones on top of soil prevents breaks the rain from damaging the soil surface.

Edited by MRROUGHSEX
  • Like (+1) 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...