Cellphone Reviews

Just call palm service center Toll free. free pick up and it'll shipped to singapore via Courier.

Yup, these guys are really fast. Had a problem with my palm pilot some 4 years ago. Called the hotline on a Sunday lunchtime, they gave ma e "pick up number", it was picked up by DHL some 2 hours after. I got a replacement unit two days after. :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by zipzamzowee

just wanted to share...brought my 9300 to the nokia center at glorietta for firmware upgrade... 5.22.07 takes care of most of the bugs, they had to however, signal calibrate the RF transceiver because after the firmware upgrade I totally lost signal. Anyway apparently, Nokia Care centers still forward problem cases to the Professional Center at Tomas Morato. This is the first time I brought my phone for service to a center other than the Professional Center at TM, it took about a week to fix my phone but everything turned out ok. I guess the lesson here is if you are bringing the phone for upgrade, the fastest place that could do it in case anything goes wrong would be the Nokia Professional Care Center in TM after all problem cases are apparently all forwarded to them. Just sharing.

whats the most popular phone in Manila. Im visiting my sister and I want to give her a phone for a present. Can you tell me how much it cost there since Im going to see if its cheaper to buy it there or here in US at ebay

I suggest you have her pick or better yet just give her money to spend here (after all it may end up cheaper), remember that most US phone versions vary slightly with the APAC (Asia Pacific and China) and European Versions. Case and point a triband 9300 for APAC operates at 900/1800/1900 Mhz while a US Version operates at 850/1800/1900 Mhz though the top two bands are of the same frequency the base band is different and may present problems operating with some cell towers locally (specially globe subscribers) besides there may be more variety in terms of models available locally than there are in the states as most of the models sold in the US are brought in by the carriers as approved by the FCC and the phones often sold in ebay that do not originate from the US market actually ship from US grey market importers that ship from Hong Kong and the Philippines.

I have a friend who has a CDMA phone from VODAPHONE JAPAN

she was able to use it here in the phils

they were able to open it for GSM use

but not sure for the 3G thing!!!

Guys and Gels a fair bit of warning not all CDMA phones from Japan (or the US at that) could be activated locally, remember also that not because it has a SIM card slot it might work for GSM use. Most Vodaphone units sold in Japan are Quadband Phones which means that they operate on the 900/1800/1900/CDMA bands therefor unlocking them allows you to use the other three bands. If you however end up purchasing an exclusively CDMA band (850/1900/CDMA) phone set, you are out of luck.

Nokia phones sucks your battery's juice faster than SE ones..

Also Nokias doesn't have online(internet) update service for

their firmwares unlike SE's SE-Update Service... which means

you can't update it yourself and have to rely on a service center.

SE All the way!! :)

the N70 is not that great, i have one and i actually went back to using my n6600. the keypad on the N70 is too small and is hard to type. also the lens cover opens when i put it in my pocket or when i pull it out. picture quality and other functions are great though.

That's the problem of N70 and N6680 likewise, the cam cover at the back loosen up and will open when you put it in your pocket... :thumbsdownsmiley: Auto keypad unlock p nmn un kpag nag-open siya...

Well.. so far N80 and pinaka mabilis sa lahat ng Nseries. Di na gaano naglalalag pero mejo mabagal pag binubuksan mo yung camera application. So far, ok naman cya.. Btw, Series 60 3rd edition and OS. Same with N90, M70, N71 and N91. Kaya lang di ko pa na try mag install the third party software. Sabi ng frend ko, baka masira daw yung OS pag nag install ako ng software na di compatible although working sa ibang edition ng Symbian Series 60.

Well.. so far N80 and pinaka mabilis sa lahat ng Nseries. Di na gaano naglalalag pero mejo mabagal pag binubuksan mo yung camera application. So far, ok naman cya.. Btw, Series 60 3rd edition and OS. Same with N90, M70, N71 and N91. Kaya lang di ko pa na try mag install the third party software. Sabi ng frend ko, baka masira daw yung OS pag nag install ako ng software na di compatible although working sa ibang edition ng Symbian Series 60.

hahaha.. problem ng Nokia S60 yan as usual..

but for SE K750-W800, its not a big problem...

you can always revert to the original OS installed via

master reset..also protected ang phone memory nya

except if you are using specialized software/hw dongles..

but still yung loader nya di na-a-apektohan.. I've customized

my SE K750 menu icons already from se-nse board...

very customizable sya..dami pwede for a small fone with

matching price...K750 can also be converted to W800 so you

can enjoy the walkman mode of W800, but not tried pa kasi

im planning to get a W800 nalang as the market price for

the unit is going down...can't wait for the K800/K790 to be

out as it is 3G capable..

Has anyone heard na of a Blackberry phone. Mukhang ogag ka sa phone na yun dahil mukha talagang calculator. Pero hightech sya. Meron syang server that hooks up with an email server. Ibig sabihin pag may nag email sayo... akala mo text lang. At pede kang mag reply. You could recieve email anytime anywhere basta may signal ng globe or smart.

Has anyone heard na of a Blackberry phone.  Mukhang ogag ka sa phone na yun dahil mukha talagang calculator.  Pero hightech sya.  Meron syang server that hooks up with an email server.  Ibig sabihin pag may nag email sayo... akala mo text lang.  At pede kang mag reply.  You could recieve email anytime anywhere basta may signal ng globe or smart.

mukhang calculator ba ika mo?

eh ano tawag mo dito?

Samsung P300

post-17033-1151484276.gif

Has anyone heard na of a Blackberry phone.  Mukhang ogag ka sa phone na yun dahil mukha talagang calculator.  Pero hightech sya.  Meron syang server that hooks up with an email server.  Ibig sabihin pag may nag email sayo... akala mo text lang.  At pede kang mag reply.  You could recieve email anytime anywhere basta may signal ng globe or smart.

afaik, the phone that you are talking about is around 2 or 3 years old. and afaik, modern phones already have this feature.

in fact, i have used this feature dun sa Nokia 6630 ko. had the settings configured to my office's POP mail server, and using Smart Internet to connect. can also configure the settings wherein if there is an e-mail, it gets automatically downloaded. yun nga lang, medyo pricey, tsaka you have to consider that your e-mails are not purely business emails, maraming junk mails and spam dyan. kaya ako, ginagawa ko is on-demand e-mail download lang.

i am also using this feature dun sa XDA Mini ko.

and again, afaik, Sony Ericsson, already came up with a blackberry phone.

eto yun o..

Sony Ericsson M608 Blackberry Phone

post-17033-1151484991.jpg

hahaha.. problem ng Nokia S60 yan as usual..

but for SE K750-W800, its not a big problem...

you can always revert to the original OS installed via

master reset..also protected ang phone memory nya

except if you are using specialized software/hw dongles..

but still yung loader nya di na-a-apektohan.. I've customized

my SE K750 menu icons already from se-nse board...

very customizable sya..dami pwede for a small fone with

matching price...K750 can also be converted to W800 so you

can enjoy the walkman mode of W800, but not tried pa kasi

im planning to get a W800 nalang as the market price for

the unit is going down...can't wait for the K800/K790 to be

out as it is 3G capable..

Meron din naman master reset ang nokia n series.... fyi po...

Guest buru_tus

SERVER on a PHONE????

WOW!!!! that's high tech!!!!

it is called push technology brother!!!!

the phone itself doesn't have its own server

still using my panasonic a200 (white) for three years now and while its a low-end phone, its the only thing i really need for my daily routine...call, text, storage lang...no frills, no cams, no tunes, and no problem...ehehehe...water-proof pa kasi nahulog minsan sa pool eh di man lang nagsara buhay-na-buhay pa rin...:D