Cellphone Reviews

any reviews on n9300i?

Been a user of a 9300 basically the same unit as a 9300i except for the Wifi. Even if Wifi seems to be the better option for faster browsing, given the screen size of the unit, you are better-off surfing in a laptop. THe major let down is that despite the wifi option, the slow processor on the 9300 (even the 9500) at that makes rendering an information heavy site take a while. I had a 9500 before which I sold only because the Wifi, Camera nad Size were quite a let down. The Wif-fi was fast but given the processing power, still took the same time to load as with the GPRS, the camera was basically crap and the size..oh the size was just too impractical. When I got the 9300 it was quite a machine, I could just not imagine how they crammed the 9500 technology (same processor and memory) into a form factor the size of a 36xx series phone. I have to say I'm sold to the 9300 design parameter.

I borrowed a friend's 9300i and we both concluded that you are better off with a 9300 with the latest software than a 9300i, only because the additional Wifi functionality was almost useless and to be quite honest expensive to maintain (imagine that airborne access charges php 100 for an hour of Wifi browsing compared to the flat php 10.00 charged by smart per 30 minute bracket over GPRS) besides the amount of time it takes to render a page specially a graphics heavy one will be the same for the wait over GPRS.

As for the software, since the 9500 and 9300 are almost the same phone, I never had a problem migrating the existing suite of software I was using for the 9500.

Goodluck buying a new phone.

Nokia 6680

madalas nag ha-hang sya. kadalasan din kapag nagsend ako ng message it always appears in the screen "operation timed-out" di maka send. pag naka received naman ako ng txt message delayed for 1 to 2 hrs. dont know if the problem is on the software or the unit. to think na brand new yun unit. binenta ko na lang.

walang sinabi ang picture quality ng N70 sa K750 with new firmware..

kahit di 3G, okey pa rin.. :), also sound quality ng K750 is quite good

for a mobile, pwede na maging mp3 player if you have 1 or 2 Gigs of

MS-pro duo card installed..

@mesohorny - you can have your N70 updated with any Nokia Professional Care center. There is one in Timog (best place for upgrades), there are also Stores located in Malls like Ali Mall and SM City North EDSA, Greenbelt 3 and Glorietta 3 that could handle the upgrade, take note however if your item is grey market you may have a little more difficulty with the upgrade compared to locally sourced materials.

@johnlove - if you are not very particular about usage and if you know what to look for you could settle for second hand communicators as the new ones are still quite pricey. Greenhills is a good place unfortunately you have to know how to look for and test for possible errors in the unit.

I got my 9500 from a friend who just got fed up because he really did not know how to use it and it came with a plan. I got the unit, had it upgraded and voila perfect pitch, however as I stated in my review, it was just too big for me. So I traded it in for my 9300 not a bad deal considering the price I had to pay for my 9500 not really a down grade. Anyway if you need any help picking a supplier PM I may know a couple of people who could "threaten" their network carriers that they will switch to the competitor and have them supply a phone which they could sell really cheap.

any reviews on SE w800 and K750i..

eto based lang from what i hear from friends who have w800 units... ok yung phone, nice cam, nice sound, 512 yata yung stock na memory card. um, ako kasi medyo biased ako sa nokia, ayoko mag SE kasi when i used one before sobrang nairita ako sa pag-type at resend ng messages. sabi nung friend ko who's trying to get me to buy a SE unit, parang nokia na rin daw yung interface when it comes to creating messages, ang difference lang daw e yung space nasa # yata instead of 0 (for nokia phones). he even went as far as saying na talo pa nito i-pod when it comes to listening to music, lalo na pag gamit mo yung headphones ng SE. yung parang may rubber pa sa dulo that goes in your ear. and pwede mo rin palitan yung headphones kasi may adaptor na siya.

hope this helps. :)

dodong bihira maligaw N70 ang nagfloflood ng market ngayon N90 kasi yan yung kadalasang pinang-brabribe ng mga networks sa "loyal" customers nila lalo na sa mga di-masyado tech centric pero heavy users nila, yung mga communicator kaya nila ipamigay duon sa may mga plan 5000 up.

dodong bihira maligaw N70 ang nagfloflood ng market ngayon N90 kasi yan yung kadalasang pinang-brabribe ng mga networks sa "loyal" customers nila lalo na sa mga di-masyado tech centric pero heavy users nila, yung mga communicator kaya nila ipamigay duon sa may mga plan 5000 up.

ah, i see. oh well, back to scouting... salamat pards! :thumbsupsmiley:

Motorola e398 para sa akin, I've been modding my phone and right now it's better than the standard ROKR functionality. camphone with nice sounds, expandable memory, video recording, quadband, great rhythm lights, connectivity, and sleek design all for the price of 8k. May nakita na akong 2nd hand na 4k lang. This is one phone I intend to keep for a long time.

SLVR L7 is also a great fone.

Dito ko na rin itatanong sana tungkol sa dual sim. Meron ba kayong alam na available dito sa pilipinas na dual sim where you'll cut your two sims and fit it to just one sim tapos hindi mo na kelangan i-off yung cel. May nakita na ako sa internet ng ganito pero ala pa sa pilipinas ata. Maganda sana eto kung may sun ka at ibang carrier.

Dito ko na rin itatanong sana tungkol sa dual sim.  Meron ba kayong alam na available dito sa pilipinas na dual sim where you'll cut your two sims and fit it to just one sim tapos hindi mo na kelangan i-off yung cel.  May nakita na ako sa internet ng ganito pero ala pa sa pilipinas ata.  Maganda sana eto kung may sun ka at ibang carrier.

meron na dito tawag dun ay magic sim nakita ko sa divisoria mall mga 400- plus ang price, pero d ba ako nag canvass, baka sa iba mas mura.

Dito ko na rin itatanong sana tungkol sa dual sim.  Meron ba kayong alam na available dito sa pilipinas na dual sim where you'll cut your two sims and fit it to just one sim tapos hindi mo na kelangan i-off yung cel.  May nakita na ako sa internet ng ganito pero ala pa sa pilipinas ata.  Maganda sana eto kung may sun ka at ibang carrier.

check this site:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ivan609/albu...m/ph//my_photos

thanks