The PLDT Complaint Thread

umd

Hey guys i want to share my experiece bout PLDT.....

Meron kaming internet cafe... eh yun internet namin laging nagloloko minsan wala minsan meron minsan ubod ng bagal many of our clients complaining about that.. sabi ng technician nila palitan daw router nagpalit kami ng router ikinabit nya then ganun pa rin then we found out na mali pala yun connection nya ng router sa dsl modem at network hub...then 2mawag uli kami sa hotline nila sabi ire-report daw at papupuntahin na technician pero after 2 months ni anino ng technician walang pumunta so tawag uli kami ganun n nman sinabi ire-report daw sa sobrang inis ba, sinigawan ko na then nagulat ata sabi cge pupunta n dyan ngayon lumubog na si araw wala pa rin yun technician 2mawag uli kami sabi ire-report daw uli namputsa...di nmin magamit ng maayos ang internet dahil walang service na dumarating pero ang bill nila always on time pero on time din kami magbayad tinatawagan pa kami na bayaran na agad sinigawan ko na dyan kayo magaling nasan na service nyo wala pa rin... lugi na kami wala pa rin nag-aayos ng internet namin. di kami makapag inquire sa digitel kasi may contract pa sa pldt.

bakit kaya ganyan yan sila.....pag tatawag sa hotline nila puro sasabihin ire-report at pupunta na technician pero wala nman napunta. puti na mata namin sa kahihintay wala pa rin..

pre... what your experiencing is the proverbial "small fish in a big pond"... no offense meant but even big companies get the same treatment... thats why isp's like my office (mozcom) is preferred by pissed off subscribers coz we have dedicated hotlines and guarantees immediate attention... incidentally, mozcom is the 1st commercial isp...

wala na talaga kwenta pldtdsl ngaun, madalas nagloloko, pag tinawagan mo, sabihin nagmamaintainance daw sila kung hindi naman, sabihin nakaforward na raw sa technical un reklamo ko....bwisit na mga un

pre, its the bpo concept or should we say the call center approach... maybe their customer service is already outsourced, meaning your not talking to pldt but only an independent call center... no offense meant to call center people but lets face it what can they do, their just gonna forward it to pldt and pldt will sit on it lang... kaya it pays to ask and know if customer service is internal or outsourced...

grabe samin sa office laki ng naluge namin halos 34 weeks kami wala dsl kesyo may problem daw , yung sa modem daw namin may problem, papatingnan daw sa tao nila ....awa ng diyos walang taga pldt dumating....3monrhs pa lng kami dsl sa kanila...ang hirap pa tumawag sa 172 sobra tagal.................

pre, i'm working for mozcom (isp) we can provide better service... pm if interested...

i've had bad experiences with pldt. but i had more good experiences like monstrous speeds and good connectivity.

for everyone's info, pldt is the main gateway of our country to the internet. which means that EVERY isp aside from pldt gets their connection from pldt they pay pldt for the ip addresses/connection speeds then they supply it to the consumers.

if there's an isp capable of giving the best speeds/connection anywhere in the country, its definitely PLDT.

i'm not siding with pldt, i sometimes get pissed off with their services, all i'm saying are the facts

pre your just partly correct... bandwith (connection) is provided or sourced through telcos (telephone companies) and pldt is just one of them... meaning you can get connection from other telcos... and if your gonna conduct a survey, service provided by isp's (like mozcom) is definitely better than telcos...

• 3 weeks later...

when i had pldtdsl installed at my house a few months ago, the first few days ok yung speed nya - peaking at 300+ kbps. after a few days biglang bumagsak to 159 kbps sometimes even less than 100kbps. got this result by using the bandwidth test at globequest.com.ph pag pldtdsl bandwidth test or pldtplay bandwidth test much worse pa ang results sometimes di pa matapos tapos yung test, as in walang results. so called 172, they asked me to check certain configurations sa pc ko, they also seem to be concern kung naka wifi ako. everything checked out ok and i even disconnected my wifi just to see kung me difference. eventually sabi nila they will do a remote test. wala pa rin nangyari. they finally sent a technician who couldnt also give an explanation as to the cause of the slowdown - he even told me na baka me virus/trojan ang pc ko :rolleyes:. so after a few weeks of followups, the technician finally gave up and just transfered me to another part of the network (i think). ayun biglang nagshot-up speed ko - my regular speed right now is 600+ kbps sometimes it even reaches 800+ kbps. tiyagaan lang talaga. :)

it is my opinion na hilaw pa ang pldt dsl. i think this is an effect of the competition between pldt and the other telcos. nagmadali silang i roll-out yung service kasi ayaw nilang maunahan.

wtf.....amf yung dsl nila parang dial up parin...bulok tlga ang dsl ng pldt...

mag globe broadband na lang kayo kung gusto niyo ng dsl...ewan ko kung my mas maganda pa sa globe broadband...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/seralin/naruto_red7.gif

i doubt if globe could provide a better service.

their ads look good...imagine saying 'ushering in broadband service in the country'.

hello? ngayon lang sila pumasok sa broadband service.

ilang taon na pldt dsl

BUT, pldt dsl still sucks!

big time

Guest Dobermaxx

I have a PLDT horror story thats still ongoing. It started 2 weeks ago when I asked them to move my DSL line to another room in the house beacuse i was setting up a home office. I'm on the plan 3000 which means i should be getting 2Mbps pero realistically i usually get around 1.5 to 1.7 which isn't bad. After they moved the line i noticed my speed went down a bit to about 1.2 so i called them, afetr 2 days a technician came to the house and they checked the line and said it's probably the modem which was old. So they changed it and umabot akjo ng 1.5. Sabi nila they'lkl have to check sa datacenter to see if that can be increased pa. The line was ok that day then suddenly nawal yung phone line ko, as in no dial tone, no dsl, nothing. So again I called them, that was tuesday night. On wednesday a lineman came over to check my line and everything was fine so they said theyd have to trace the problem. Finally on thursday afternoon they tell me its a problem with a junction box and they will fix it friday they also tell me that my password for DSL has changed so i should test it. So friday comes and my dial tone is back, so i test my dsl line and guess what 950kbps!!!! So again I call and tell them its even slower now. So now the weekend passes and nothing gets done. So now i get a call from the technician again and they tell me that they changed my node and my p[assword changed. So again i test 1.2Mpbs, better but still lousy. Now they tell me they will change my mopdem again but it'll porobable take a week. Ok, fine. So today i turn on my PC and log in and guess what, password authentication failed. Leche!!! So I call them again and they give me a new password and login (nice of them to tell me they changed it noh?) So now i'm logged in and i test again 995kbps!!!!!! Potah!!!!!! So once again I call pldt and scream at them. This is never ending. If there were any other providers in my area i would have switched by now but i really have no choice.

with pldt's NGN line, i consistently get around 1.7-2.4 Mbps using this test:

http://www.intel.com/personal/resources/br...d/speedtest.htm

yun nga lang, landline ko yung naapektuhan. ever since i got the broadband service, i seemed to have lost my landline.

sablay talaga any which way ang PLDT. :thumbsdownsmiley:

i was wondering kung bakit sa pldt site na speed test 700+kbps ang speed ko pero dyan sa link na binigay mo naabot ako ng 950+kbps to 1mb. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: nka entrepreneur plan ako 4000 monthly.

I have a PLDT horror story thats still ongoing. It started 2 weeks ago when I asked them to move my DSL line to another room in the house beacuse i was setting up a home office. I'm on the plan 3000 which means i should be getting 2Mbps pero realistically i usually get around 1.5 to 1.7 which isn't bad. After they moved the line i noticed my speed went down a bit to about 1.2 so i called them, afetr 2 days a technician came to the house and they checked the line and said it's probably the modem which was old. So they changed it and umabot akjo ng 1.5. Sabi nila they'lkl have to check sa datacenter to see if that can be increased pa. The line was ok that day then suddenly nawal yung phone line ko, as in no dial tone, no dsl, nothing. So again I called them, that was tuesday night. On wednesday a lineman came over to check my line and everything was fine so they said theyd have to trace the problem. Finally on thursday afternoon they tell me its a problem with a junction box and they will fix it friday they also tell me that my password for DSL has changed so i should test it. So friday comes and my dial tone is back, so i test my dsl line and guess what 950kbps!!!! So again I call and tell them its even slower now. So now the weekend passes and nothing gets done. So now i get a call from the technician again and they tell me that they changed my node and my p[assword changed. So again i test 1.2Mpbs, better but still lousy. Now they tell me they will change my mopdem again but it'll porobable take a week. Ok, fine. So today i turn on my PC and log in and guess what, password authentication failed. Leche!!! So I call them again and they give me a new password and login (nice of them to tell me they changed it noh?) So now i'm logged in and i test again 995kbps!!!!!! Potah!!!!!! So once again I call pldt and scream at them. This is never ending. If there were any other providers in my area i would have switched by now but i really have no choice.

Thanks for sharing your experience kc dahil d2 naicip kong i-check ang bandwidth ko sa pldt. I have PLDT myDSL biz Entrepreneur and im paying 4,000 monthly para sa service na to. So i went to their site to check out my current bandwidth and to my dismay... i found out na mas malala pala problem ko dahil i only get around 700+kbps. And tama ang mga previous comments na hindi maganda ang customer service nila. Yung hotline number nila walang nasagot na operator. Kung may sumagot man it will take a week bago pumunta ung service man nila. But like you i have no choice but to stick with pldt dsl service.

was on destiny cable and pldt dsl..bulok pareho so moved to globe dsl. it looks like ok na with globe even if its slow sometimes but they have no cut offs and major drops (like 2 weeks for pldt)..this is good for my wifi network in my home office.

pldt is too big for their own good talaga..hope this helps.

katakot itong PLDT DSL.. kaya ako duda rin ako e..

sa US yung AOL merong 1 month free trial.. as in free!

pero itong lintik na PLDT na ito, holdap ang gagawin sa yo.. i commit kang mag subscribe ng 2 years.. so 2 years ka na magbabayad..although may option ka naman magpa stop..pero you have to pay 3 month fees.. kakapal ng mukha!

panget na nga service di pa ibabalik ang binayad mo.. magbabayad ka pa for disconnection..

hirap pa nito, required na magpa connect ka ng PLDT landline kahit na DSL lang kailangan mo!

tapos ngayon may ads pa sila na PLDT DSL Negosyo Internet Cafe! kawawa naman magtatayo ng internet cafe sa kanila..lugi agad!

• 3 weeks later...

My advice:

1) Be very polite when calling to complain. I'm sure, you are not the first complainant that they've encountered.

2) Ask for the name, position and direct line of the person that you are reporting the complaint to. In addition, ask when can they possibly work on the problem. After getting a commitment, tell him/her that you will be calling again should the problem persists.

3) When conducting follow ups, ask for the same person and gently inform him/her that you are calling to inform them that the problem still exists.

By doing the above, you are quietly informing the person you are talking to, that you remember his/her name and should the problem persists, you will use him/her as a reference when you report the problem to the higher ups in the company.

Cheers!

Edited by mario
  • 3 weeks later...

sobrang bulok ang service ng pldt. considering that they are the country's biggest telephone company, their service is really bad. i wanted to have my dsl disconnected and its already been 2 months with me calling everyday, till now nanjan pa din. the worse part is that, wala na ako internet yet nabibill pa din ako dahil wala pa daw sa service order!!! PLDT sucks!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dobermaxx

All I can say is the CSR's are idiots. I called las night to report a slowdown in my connection. The first CSR mistakenly told me I was on a plan lower than what I've been on for 4 years, strike one. When I ask how's that possible, he tells me thats what's showing in his records but he cant verify because theyre using a backup system as they are doing their system maintenance and for me to call in the morning, strike two. So I just got off the phone with I think is the dumbest CSR of all. I called and asked what plan was I on, he confirmed I was on the right plan, ok I said, so i'd like to report my internet being slow, it's half of the speed i should be getting. Now I'm a realist, I know that if I get 75 to 80% of my speed I'm happy. Here's where it goes to hell. The guy then tells me that the speed I reported is the speed I should be getting for my plan, which is the 2.2Mpbs plan by the way. The idiot tells me that on my plan the speed is 1Mbps. So of course, I freaked out and demanded to talk to a supervisor. After puting me on hold for 5 minutes he comes back on and says all the supervisors are engaged (gee, I wonder why?). Then he tells me that I was correct and my speed should be 2Mbps. Ok, it's not the 2.2 that PLDT advertises butr what the hell, it's close enough. So finally the dumbass says he'll file a report for my slowdown. I find this really stupid. You have CSR's who don't know what the f#&k is going on. They don't even know their own product line. Seriously, PLDT should get the right information to these people. So now I have to wait for some other dumb s@%t from their Datacenter to call me to confirm my issue. If there was any other provider in my area I would have switched a looooong time ago.

Oh, by the way, I managed a support desk for two years. Putting me on hold for 5 minutes then telling me the supervisor isnt available is a crock of s@%t. If the lead knew the CSR didnt know the product info he'd be f#&ked. Obviously he stalled while he got the right info himself. I guess PLDT is scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to hiring CSR's.

hi guys!!

I am just wondering, is this always the case for the PLDT DSL service? coz I always here bad things about PLDT DSL service, people kept saying that what the CSR's do is that they file a report, CSR's don't know what they're saying, the system does not show the correct plan the customer is in, the connection is not what they are paying for, the technicians takes very long time to fix the problem, some people even say they've waited for months before the problem is fixed and yet you guys are being billed for all those lost time on your end? how can that be?

I was planning to have a DSL at home, but hearing from you guys I don't think I would still want to get a DSL service.

also, one more thing, since there are a lot of people having this bad experiences with PLDT DSL service, don't you think it is possible for all of you people to file a complaint about their bad service? instead of doing it by yourselves?

I'm on PLDT dsl and their system constantly goes on what they call a "lagging" phenomenon wherein you go offline for several minutes before the service goes back again. I've called them numerous times already and they reason out it is a common occurrence and they are working on it. Well it's been months and the "lagging" still occurs daily, seems they work real slllooowww over there. All the PLDT dsl users I know experience the same thing, seems the complaints are falling on deaf ears.

if there is a common "lagging phenomenon" with PLDT DSL, then how come "NETOPIA" is not experiencing it? is it because NETOPIA is a PLDT company and they are protecting it? and you as their customers who's giving them money are at the bottom of their list? also has anyone of you here ever tried "GLOBE BROADBAND"? is it better than PLDT?

just an inquiry...

All I can say is the CSR's are idiots. I called las night to report a slowdown in my connection. The first CSR mistakenly told me I was on a plan lower than what I've been on for 4 years, strike one. When I ask how's that possible, he tells me thats what's showing in his records but he cant verify because theyre using a backup system as they are doing their system maintenance and for me to call in the morning, strike two. So I just got off the phone with I think is the dumbest CSR of all. I called and asked what plan was I on, he confirmed I was on the right plan, ok I said, so i'd like to report my internet being slow, it's half of the speed i should be getting. Now I'm a realist, I know that if I get 75 to 80% of my speed I'm happy. Here's where it goes to hell. The guy then tells me that the speed I reported is the speed I should be getting for my plan, which is the 2.2Mpbs plan by the way. The idiot tells me that on my plan the speed is 1Mbps. So of course, I freaked out and demanded to talk to a supervisor. After puting me on hold for 5 minutes he comes back on and says all the supervisors are engaged (gee, I wonder why?). Then he tells me that I was correct and my speed should be 2Mbps. Ok, it's not the 2.2 that PLDT advertises butr what the hell, it's close enough. So finally the dumbass says he'll file a report for my slowdown. I find this really stupid. You have CSR's who don't know what the f#&k is going on. They don't even know their own product line. Seriously, PLDT should get the right information to these people. So now I have to wait for some other dumb s@%t from their Datacenter to call me to confirm my issue. If there was any other provider in my area I would have switched a looooong time ago.

Oh, by the way, I managed a support desk for two years. Putting me on hold for 5 minutes then telling me the supervisor isnt available is a crock of s@%t. If the lead knew the CSR didnt know the product info he'd be f#&ked. Obviously he stalled while he got the right info himself. I guess PLDT is scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to hiring CSR's.

im just wondering... has anyone using PLDT DSL ever talked to a supervisor on the phone? i mean has that ever happened yet? even on my case, when i started looking for a supervisor, its the same as what happened to chief Dobermaxx. the csr put me on hold for 5 minutes, went back and told me that all supervisors are in a meeting right now. they never let you talk to a supervisor, they just tell you that they will file a report and follow up on the issue, they ask what time you are available but they dont really call you back. you call them to report a NO SYNC, they troubleshoot the browser instead of focussing on the LINE. they are always ready to blame you and your PC. haha! good thing i know a thing or two about DSL since i work as a DSL TSR for a call center. these people should really be trained! gee! also, when customers start asking for a supervisor, they should provide or transfer you to a supervisor.