Suicidal Lovers

my bf's threatened me few days ago that if i will break up with him with a 3rd party, he'll k*ll the 3rd party. if none, he'll k*ll himself. at 1st i don't think he's serious. but when he get a knife, cut his hands. i realize he is dead serious.

now, things getting absurd on us again, i wanted to tell him i wanna break up with hi. but how? he really made sure to me he'll k*ll himself. i don't want to have a burden of my conscience.

people who threaten to k*ll themselves are generally the weak kind of people. sorry but it has happened to my family and i perceive it them to be weak. just because you feel that your whole world is crumbling down on you doesnt give you the right to just take you life. people with these kinds of outlooks shouldnt get into a relationship and should immediately seek professional help.

it is very hard on all parties involved, and resorting to emotional blackmail to get what you want is a weak sense of character in my book.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Threatening your partner that you'd commit suicide is just plain selfish...You put your partner in a position that she has no other choice but to stay in the relationship even if she doesn't really want to just to be sure you wouldn't do anything irrational. Of course there are many who are all talk and just bluff...

In those cases, people who bluff just want assurance that their partner wouldn't leave them maybe because they're too attached or unable to be single or alone...

natutulala ako sa mga nababasa kohttp://www.freesmileys.org/emo/ad/insomnia.gif...na iimagine ko lang yung nararamdaman nung binla-black mail ...yung bad trip siguro nung tao and guilt at the same time....yung sakit ng ulo...nakaka stress yunhttp://lyrics.rare-lyrics.com/i/s/confused.gif

at yung nararamdaman din nung nagte-threat mag suicide....napaka desperate...napaka hopeless...nakakalunod siguro yung ganung feeling...na yun na lang ang pwede mong magawa para pilitin yung tao mag stay....magpaawa kahit alam namang di na sya gustohttp://lyrics.rare-lyrics.com/i/s/sad.gif....syet...ambigat naman sa pakiramdam ng topic na to :(

Edited by iwalkalone
I think what a person needs is self respect. She/He has to love herself/himself first and foremost. Kailingan laging intact ang dignity because at the end of the day, that's all you need to keep yourself sane and alive.

and how does one exactly do that?....gain self respect....love oneself?

Suicidal lovers are not in love, they are actually in love with being in love.. in other words.. obsession.. Not good for the person giving the "love" and the recipient as well..

@iwalk: Now how does one gain self-respect.. love oneself? There is no actual process, kara.. Respecting one self is actually self-esteem which leads to self-actualization (or understanding yourself/at peace with yourself - ika nga).. And is part of the heirarchy of needs.. Bad experiences lead to one's disrespect for oneself.. but it should not be the case.. You should have self-confidence whatever your experiences are.. This leads to self-esteem..

Alam mo yung feeling na dapat walang mang-gago sa iyo.. Di naman yung you put a barrier in front and you won't let anyone come in.. Its more of trusting yourself and believing in what you can do.. Self-confidence.. Its a matter of mind-control.. Controlling your emotions through your mind, that is.. Gets?

Most of us women (just a general observation) lost our individuality when inlove. Our partner becomes the focus of our lives. We tend to conform to what they expect of us. It's not bad to be inlove, but we must not give the 100% love for that particular person alone. Leave something for yourself. Self preservation if you like because whether we want it or not, some good things never last.

Most of us women (just a general observation) lost our individuality when inlove. Our partner becomes the focus of our lives. We tend to conform to what they expect of us. It's not bad to be inlove, but we must not give the 100% love for that particular person alone. Leave something for yourself. Self preservation if you like because whether we want it or not, some good things never last.

This is a very good insight... :)

The biggest "mistake" partners make is to place his/her partner the center of his/her universe, thereby defining his existence around such a centricity. Tragedies (death of the partner, separation due to circumstance or infidelity, etc.) puts this existence in an uncontrollable downward spiral, making it ripe for a suicidal scenario if unchecked.

Partnerships, no matter how strong, should not take away the individuality of the partners. That way, in case of separation, this individuality survives.

PEACE!!! :D

PeOplE lYk diS iS miSerAblE!!! SiGn Of WeakNesS!!! I juSt EnCounTer SitUatIon Lyk Dis For Wat? maNy tyMs SinCe bf/gf StagE.. LasT onE Is LasT saT. He LockS His RoOm,Iv HearD Him CrYin anD gEz WaT WeN i AsK hiM 2 OpeN d DoOr I juSt saW A KniFe UnDer HiS PiLloWs!!! DaRn It!!! Im TyrD oF iT!!! BuT im Not Dt ScaRed nMor, I evEn YeLl At HiM FoR Him 2 reAliZe Dt Its NoT goNna WoRk diS tyM..I asK hiM dT If He wNts 2 Do iT deN fiNd AnoTher pLace Not On mY hauZ! BuT ofCorZ im Just TryIn 2 sTop hiS noNsEnse acT! I cAre FoR hIm a Lot But somEtymS Im TinKin Dt Hes JusT doIn iT FoR mE To StaY..But Its HarD.. Hop he"ll sTop It oR elSe I maY b D onE To CoMmIt SuIciDe bcoZ i Cnt HanDle hIm AnyMor..JokE hEhe! Im TouGh!!!

Guest bleeding_angel

tsk tsk tsk... emotional blackmail will lead to the ruin of not one but both parties.

NO WAY! if you want to go to hell... dont take me with you.

• 2 weeks later...

here's the thing.

if the guy/girl threatens that he/she will k*ll himself, it is probably true. just try to talk with him and talk him out. but if he doesn't listen ayus lang. sabi nga that is his decision.

but if he really does it, kahit mahirap tanggapin sa isip, you are not to blame. it was his decision to jump. unless you pushed him... ehehe...

Not good to call on the devil when you're in despair. If the person aint serious, devil might push the person to do it.

I think there are ways to talk about stuffs that don't need to end in killing oneself. If you die, the problem still wouldn't be solved.

I'm kinda compassionate about these things ... don't know what I'll do if I experience having a suicidal partner. Then again ... I'm not the type women would die for :D

got interested with the song gloomy sunday... sa mga heartbroken wag isipin tong kantang to and don't take it too seriously...

Sunday is gloomy, my hours are slumberless

Dearest the shadows I live with are numberless

Little white flowers will never awaken you

Not where the black coach of sorrow has taken you

Angels have no thought of ever returning you

Would they be angry if I thought of joining you?

Gloomy Sunday

Gloomy is Sunday, with shadows I spend it all

My heart and I have decided to end it all

Soon there'll be candles and prayers that are sad I know

Let them not weep let them know that I'm glad to go

Death is no dream for in death I'm caressing you

With the last breath of my soul I'll be blessing you

Gloomy Sunday

Dreaming, I was only dreaming

I wake and I find you asleep in the deep of my heart, here

Darling, I hope that my dream never haunted you

My heart is telling you how much I wanted you