Suicidal Lovers

well said... :cool: you sound like an expert! :thumbsupsmiley:

Is there a cure for it? I have it .. I am bipolar..and i am not ashamed to disclose it..because I am not denying it.. I wanted to be cured or treated..i am Under treatment for 1 year of meds..then after that half tabs only.. I took Mood stabilizers.. I'm mildy bipolar... :wacko:

P.S. I didn't have it..before.. I just had it lately.. because of the overwhelming life situations..I still look fine.. I'm not the worst bipolar..Marilyn Monroe, Princess Diana ,Vivien Leigh( star of Gone with the wind) have it too.. in the local .. My psychiatrist said that Gretchen Barretto is having it..and the like..

Edited by sweeteenia
  • Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a cure for it? I have it .. I am bipolar..and i am not ashamed to disclose it..because I am not denying it.. I wanted to be cured or treated..i am Under treatment for 1 year of meds..then after that half tabs only.. I took Mood stabilizers.. I'm mildy bipolar... :wacko:

P.S. I didn't have it..before.. I just had it lately.. because of the overwhelming life situations..I still look fine.. I'm not the worst bipolar..Marilyn Monroe, Princess Diana ,Vivien Leigh( star of Gone with the wind) have it too.. in the local .. My psychiatrist said that Gretchen Barretto is having it..and the like..

Many Bipolars have been "Suicide Lovers"... Case after case.. a manic depressive (another name given to a Bipolar) ends his/her life. Some during their mania and most during their depression.

Yes, trauma, life's stressors, concussions, or blunt force to the frontal lobe can trigger the initial cycling of Bipolarity.

There is nothing to be ashamed about being Bipolar. Many famous personalities are.... i.e. Alexander d Great, Winston Churchil, Sally Fields, Lord Byron, Edison, Napoleon, Van Gough and many more greats. You are in good company. Bipolars' extreme creativity and superior intelect have helped change the world we live in.

To answer your question, Dr Kelso of UCSD/VA San Diego has recently isolated the "bipolar" gene and narrowed it down to chromosome 22. There is now a big push on how we develop better medications as a result of this isolation. In the near future we will have far more effective medications for you.

For now, one who is Bipolar, must liken his/her condition to "metal diabetes". As a severe diabetic has to take insulin everyday; so does the bipolar needs to take his/her maintenance medications "Everyday". Unfortunately many Bipolars do not. They either can't afford to fill their RX or they try to save money by skipping days, or when they are in their manic cycle; they feel invincible and do not feel the need to take their medications. "They go off their meds". You can not be highly effective (or high functioning) without your medication.[/b] Your medication is your "mental insulin". "Do Not Go Off Your Meds!"

There are a number of medications and combinations there of that your therapist may prescribe. One has to give his/her therapist honest feedback on the effects of the medication he/she is taking. It is from this feedback that your therapist will adjust your dosage and RX combinations (Mood stabilizers, antidepressants, and or anti-convulsants). Once you get the right cocktail of meds and dosage specific to your biofeedback then... you will do just fine and have a happy normal life. :thumbsupsmiley:

To all manic-depressive suicide lovers...."CHERISH LIFE"! If you feel that you want to take your life for whatever reason... Just remember that you are cycling and this compulsion or feeling shall pass. Just hang in their.... IT WILL PASS! :flowers:

Well said Mr Abad. Marami lang sa atin dont really know which is which kaya oftentimes better to be on the safe side and assume na he/she will do it :cool:

Yes Dr Love" "Agree"! and good point! :thumbsupsmiley: Any ideations of suicide should be taken seriously. If you are the one that receives suicidal ideations from your love one... then you become the "first responder" and Like Dr love said "Assume that he/she will do it" and get expert help STAT!

Many Bipolars have been "Suicide Lovers"... Case after case.. a manic depressive (another name given to a Bipolar) ends his/her life. Some during their mania and most during their depression.

Yes, trauma, life's stressors, concussions, or blunt force to the frontal lobe can trigger the initial cycling of Bipolarity.

There is nothing to be ashamed about being Bipolar. Many famous personalities are.... i.e. Alexander d Great, Winston Churchil, Sally Fields, Lord Byron, Edison, Napoleon, Van Gough and many more greats. You are in good company. Bipolars' extreme creativity and superior intelect have helped change the world we live in.

To answer your question, Dr Kelso of UCSD/VA San Diego has recently isolated the "bipolar" gene and narrowed it down to chromosome 22. There is now a big push on how we develop better medications as a result of this isolation. In the near future we will have far more effective medications for you.

For now, one who is Bipolar, must liken his/her condition to "metal diabetes". As a severe diabetic has to take insulin everyday; so does the bipolar needs to take his/her maintenance medications "Everyday". Unfortunately many Bipolars do not. They either can't afford to fill their RX or they try to save money by skipping days, or when they are in their manic cycle; they feel invincible and do not feel the need to take their medications. "They go off their meds". You can not be highly effective (or high functioning) without your medication.[/b] Your medication is your "mental insulin". "Do Not Go Off Your Meds!"

There are a number of medications and combinations there of that your therapist may prescribe. One has to give his/her therapist honest feedback on the effects of the medication he/she is taking. It is from this feedback that your therapist will adjust your dosage and RX combinations (Mood stabilizers, antidepressants, and or anti-convulsants). Once you get the right cocktail of meds and dosage specific to your biofeedback then... you will do just fine and have a happy normal life. :thumbsupsmiley:

To all manic-depressive suicide lovers...."CHERISH LIFE"! If you feel that you want to take your life for whatever reason... Just remember that you are cycling and this compulsion or feeling shall pass. Just hang in their.... IT WILL PASS! :flowers:

I bet you're a psychiatrist..are you a doctor? I have a problem with my meds coz it's making me gain weight.. that's the culprit//.I gained weight with my mood stabilizer.. That's why i was tempted to stop.. coz i don't want to gain weight..and i'm mildly bipolar lang..It's a mild case..I hate the weight gain..what will i do..?

I bet you're a psychiatrist..are you a doctor? I have a problem with my meds coz it's making me gain weight.. that's the culprit//.I gained weight with my mood stabilizer.. That's why i was tempted to stop.. coz i don't want to gain weight..and i'm mildly bipolar lang..It's a mild case..I hate the weight gain..what will i do..?

I suggest you take Xenical and drink Biguerlai tea and start walking for 30 mins Everyday.

Mood stabilizers are just there to calm you down so more or less trimmed down na yung suicidal tendencies so more or less concentrated ka na sa weight gaining. It works diba? So dont forget your meds :)

Thats all.. Easy diba?

I suggest you take Xenical and drink Biguerlai tea and start walking for 30 mins Everyday.

Mood stabilizers are just there to calm you down so more or less trimmed down na yung suicidal tendencies so more or less concentrated ka na sa weight gaining. It works diba? So dont forget your meds :)

Thats all.. Easy diba?

What will happen if i stop.. i stopped already.. coz i hate it.. I feel the depression.. but I can control myself now ..I can recognize the mania..and down depression.. I have a psychologist who supported my self-help without meds..The Psychologist won't recommend a medication.. they want otherways than medications.. she encouraged talk therapy and behavioural.. I am self -aware too....You know that I doubt if this is really bipolar.. coz i didn't tell my psychiatrist about my love life.. is it because of my depression with my love life... Is a love one can be cure for this disease? I believe so.. no medication can cure me.. but the one i love. ..Coz when i'm with my love one.. i felt okey..I'm not into mania or depression when i'm with him..Maybe this is not bipolar ..i bet it's a love sick..even my psychologist said.. that it could just be a love sick..

What will happen if i stop.. i stopped already.. coz i hate it.. I feel the depression.. but I can control myself now ..I can recognize the mania..and down depression.. I have a psychologist who supported my self-help without meds..The Psychologist won't recommend a medication.. they want otherways than medications.. she encouraged talk therapy and behavioural.. I am self -aware too....You know that I doubt if this is really bipolar.. coz i didn't tell my psychiatrist about my love life.. is it because of my depression with my love life... Is a love one can be cure for this disease? I believe so.. no medication can cure me.. but the one i love. ..Coz when i'm with my love one.. i felt okey..I'm not into mania or depression when i'm with him..Maybe this is not bipolar ..i bet it's a love sick..even my psychologist said.. that it could just be a love sick..

I know it's a love sick..it's not bipolar.. A bipolar is you feel it even if you're with your love one.... A bipolar is a bipolar ,.,..whether you're with your love one or not.. But in my case i think i feel like a bipolar because there is a reason ...if that love one will be with me I believe i'll be alright..

Well, kung your not taking meds na and you feel a sense of control over yourself na. It might be a good sign and it might be not.

Unless your told to stop your meds, then you should stop your meds, but when you are not asked to stop it, then dont stop it. It might be for your own good and the bad part is, if you stop med taking, wouldnt it be bad since you might slowly regain back the depression since the medication is already stopped? You might be buying time for the depression to stabilize and for it to find a antidote to be stronger than your med. You know that our bidy is a self healing mechanism. Our bodies find ways to adapt so therefore dont stop your meds if you are told to continue it. Diba better that way? It would be best if you could talk this out with your doctor para everything would be cleared out or you could share this with your family and have them listen and tell you whats on your mind. Diba its better to have them understand you rather than being misunderstood all your life? Pangit tingnan diba?

In terms of love, its just your mind playing mind tricks, do not use love as an excuse for depression. There is such a thing as moving on and finding another path to find your happiness. Thats why you cant move on, something is there still na you are feeling that drags you down. Better rid of it and get a new sense of belonging. You might try working out and maybe helping up with your friends or fasmilies. Lose the negativity and always go for the postive things. You never know that it would work wonders to finally have a sense of belonging like when you start working, you would feel like a person who became a functioning member of society. It fuels you to work harder and go for goals that you want to attain.

Always have a goal.

For example. today I want to have a sense of belonging. So try talking to your friends or family and ask what you can do to help them.

Tomorrow, I will talk to my psych and tell him/her what I feel and you ask on ways to move on.

Everyone has a chance to have a better life. Its all in our head naman e I mean the state of happiness and we just dont know how to utilize those to become a better person and achieve your goals. I trust that you will find the right path after reading this. All I can say is that, everything has a possibility. Iba yung life we are living in compared to the books you read. It is the same as studying and working. Work life is different since the text books in school doesnt mention about the other things you will encounter. It is just guidance but its all up to you in the end. Go for your dreams.

Your psych might be wrong as well since there is such a thing as classroom based learning and hands on training. He / she might be going by the book but he / she doesnt know what is really going on with your mind. Try opening up more and the psych might find the right solution for you. Its takes two to tango you know.

Hope this helps.

I know it's a love sick..it's not bipolar.. A bipolar is you feel it even if you're with your love one.... A bipolar is a bipolar ,.,..whether you're with your love one or not.. But in my case i think i feel like a bipolar because there is a reason ...if that love one will be with me I believe i'll be alright..

I think...( di ako expert huh....thru my own experience lang) .... baka nga love sick lang...kung ganyan nga situation mo. Uh...you mean...lately mo lang na experience yan?....eh sa past bfs mo?....kase kung ganyan ka din sa past bfs mo...there must be something more to it....diba Joey Abad? and i think yang suicidal tendencies nag mamanifest yan kahit bata pa....

lately I've been having this uh...conversation (Thru PM...sa poemhunter) with a 13 yr old girl who has suicidal tendencies....everytime...something bad happens ( say...too much stress... or bad events)....she hurts herself....

napansin ko kase one time yung poem nya...sobrang alarming...kala ko nagpakamatay na sya so i PMd her asking if she was alright ( concerned ako kase....i started out thinking about suicide as early as 11 yrs old)....sumagot naman...sabi nya ( she's from the US) sabi nya...it's just one of those moments daw....tas she asked me if ii really cut daw kase binabasa nya rin pala mga poems ko...i hesitated to answer kase...baka gayahin pa nya ko lalo...tas nag PM sya sabi nya nag stop na daw sya from hurting herself ( cutting)....kaso...yun ...ngayon daw...may nangyaring masama ulet.....nag woworry ako so i PMd her again this morning...asking if she would care to share it with me. Actually di ko rin naman talaga alam how i'd be able to help her...kahit siguro malaman ko pa problem nya....it's just sad....

so i think Sweetania....kung ngayon mo lang yan na eexperience....at sa past Bfs mo naman ay inde.....baka nga love sick ka lang....but just the same....you need help parin.....malay mo....meron din palang late stage development ang pag ka bi-polar....isa pa baka naman kase sa life mo....wala ka naman talagang problema masyado....baka sa BF mo lang....kaya yun ang napapansin mo lang na nakaka apekto sayo? does your BF know about this? How is he taking it? :unsure:

Well, kung your not taking meds na and you feel a sense of control over yourself na. It might be a good sign and it might be not.

Unless your told to stop your meds, then you should stop your meds, but when you are not asked to stop it, then dont stop it. It might be for your own good and the bad part is, if you stop med taking, wouldnt it be bad since you might slowly regain back the depression since the medication is already stopped? You might be buying time for the depression to stabilize and for it to find a antidote to be stronger than your med. You know that our bidy is a self healing mechanism. Our bodies find ways to adapt so therefore dont stop your meds if you are told to continue it. Diba better that way? It would be best if you could talk this out with your doctor para everything would be cleared out or you could share this with your family and have them listen and tell you whats on your mind. Diba its better to have them understand you rather than being misunderstood all your life? Pangit tingnan diba?

In terms of love, its just your mind playing mind tricks, do not use love as an excuse for depression. There is such a thing as moving on and finding another path to find your happiness. Thats why you cant move on, something is there still na you are feeling that drags you down. Better rid of it and get a new sense of belonging. You might try working out and maybe helping up with your friends or fasmilies. Lose the negativity and always go for the postive things. You never know that it would work wonders to finally have a sense of belonging like when you start working, you would feel like a person who became a functioning member of society. It fuels you to work harder and go for goals that you want to attain.

Always have a goal.

For example. today I want to have a sense of belonging. So try talking to your friends or family and ask what you can do to help them.

Tomorrow, I will talk to my psych and tell him/her what I feel and you ask on ways to move on.

Everyone has a chance to have a better life. Its all in our head naman e I mean the state of happiness and we just dont know how to utilize those to become a better person and achieve your goals. I trust that you will find the right path after reading this. All I can say is that, everything has a possibility. Iba yung life we are living in compared to the books you read. It is the same as studying and working. Work life is different since the text books in school doesnt mention about the other things you will encounter. It is just guidance but its all up to you in the end. Go for your dreams.

Your psych might be wrong as well since there is such a thing as classroom based learning and hands on training. He / she might be going by the book but he / she doesnt know what is really going on with your mind. Try opening up more and the psych might find the right solution for you. Its takes two to tango you know.

Hope this helps.

you are brilliant..you really are an expert.. I think you knewm me better than my psych.. Yes, I read books a lot..And it influenced me.with my life..I can't help it but see my self as powerless..I tend to compare what a good life should be for me....

you are brilliant..you really are an expert.. I think you knewm me better than my psych.. Yes, I read books a lot..And it influenced me.with my life..I can't help it but see my self as powerless..I tend to compare what a good life should be for me....

It is love really that's making me depress.. coz when I have it.. i never felt any depression at all.. I've been so happy before..It's love believe me.. Coz when i'm in a relationship before..I always feel so happy and contented I don't even go out from the house.. coz i was contented being a housewife.... by the way I am married to a rich businessman.... but i am now separated..I'm sorry but i'm not going to tell you the details.. If who's the reason for my pseudo bipolar like behaviour..I won't say if it's my husband.. But i wantb to tell you that this feeling has started recently..I've been separated for 5 years but we still live in the same building.. I l;ive in a very big house,..one compund.....but i felt like this just recently.. I know it's because of pressure..that at my age of 30 i must have kids already,I am childless..and I don't have a love one with me.. That's making me crazy.. really.. Coz before,I was okey.. i was really happy and contented before..I know it's love and my repression to have a family or kids..It's my greatest frustration ..Not to have a family i am childless.. And I am not like this before..I was so happy and contented before.. So what is this?

Edited by sweeteenia
I think...( di ako expert huh....thru my own experience lang) .... baka nga love sick lang...kung ganyan nga situation mo. Uh...you mean...lately mo lang na experience yan?....eh sa past bfs mo?....kase kung ganyan ka din sa past bfs mo...there must be something more to it....diba Joey Abad? and i think yang suicidal tendencies nag mamanifest yan kahit bata pa....

lately I've been having this uh...conversation (Thru PM...sa poemhunter) with a 13 yr old girl who has suicidal tendencies....everytime...something bad happens ( say...too much stress... or bad events)....she hurts herself....

napansin ko kase one time yung poem nya...sobrang alarming...kala ko nagpakamatay na sya so i PMd her asking if she was alright ( concerned ako kase....i started out thinking about suicide as early as 11 yrs old)....sumagot naman...sabi nya ( she's from the US) sabi nya...it's just one of those moments daw....tas she asked me if ii really cut daw kase binabasa nya rin pala mga poems ko...i hesitated to answer kase...baka gayahin pa nya ko lalo...tas nag PM sya sabi nya nag stop na daw sya from hurting herself ( cutting)....kaso...yun ...ngayon daw...may nangyaring masama ulet.....nag woworry ako so i PMd her again this morning...asking if she would care to share it with me. Actually di ko rin naman talaga alam how i'd be able to help her...kahit siguro malaman ko pa problem nya....it's just sad....

so i think Sweetania....kung ngayon mo lang yan na eexperience....at sa past Bfs mo naman ay inde.....baka nga love sick ka lang....but just the same....you need help parin.....malay mo....meron din palang late stage development ang pag ka bi-polar....isa pa baka naman kase sa life mo....wala ka naman talagang problema masyado....baka sa BF mo lang....kaya yun ang napapansin mo lang na nakaka apekto sayo? does your BF know about this? How is he taking it? :unsure:

I am married and separated in room.. he built another house at the other end of a very big house..He's a rich guy..My husband is very rich.. that's why he's so controlling and matured than me.. I am a legal wife.. and I don't know if he has other women..Wala na ako pakialam..But I won't tell you if he's the main reason for my pseudobipolar.,.May Obssessive compulsive husband ko..napaka perfectionist grabe!..Kaya kami nag kahiwalay.. It's his nature na he can't stay with a woman.. he has past live-in partners before.. na di nag work out nasa kanya ang diprensya.. inamin nya..Obssessive..perfectionist cya.. and very abusive..mentally abusive.. grabe mag control sa mind..I was a dependent housewife of a richman before.. now i started to stand on my own feet.. i have a good job ..But i still live in the same big house and dahil sa laki ng house di na kami nagkikita.. really i'm telling you the real story here..I won't tell you if he's the reason for all of my pseudo bipolar..But Mayu nagyari na another impact sa buhay ko lately..dun nag start..and sorry.. i won't disclose it here ..And yes, i think I love that way..sa past BF ko..wala naman masyado.. of course i feel bad if mag hiwalay kami before sa mga past bf ko..but okey lang yun, di ako nakafeel ng sobra na ganito,.,...parang goin crazy talaga.. i am overwhelmed now..with all of these impacts of my life..

I do feel so depress and i think it's normal to be depress everytime mag break tayo sa BF natin ..right... but now is really different.. kasi siguro.. sa pressure ng age ko.. i'm 30 and i must have a kid at this age.. and i must have a family and a life partner..Di ako papayag talaga na wala yan..Di pwede..I need that to sustain me..I can't live living alone..no way!

I am married and separated in room.. he built another house at the other end of a very big house..He's a rich guy..My husband is very rich.. that's why he's so controlling and matured than me.. I am a legal wife.. and I don't know if he has other women..Wala na ako pakialam..But I won't tell you if he's the main reason for my pseudobipolar.,.May Obssessive compulsive husband ko..napaka perfectionist grabe!..Kaya kami nag kahiwalay.. It's his nature na he can't stay with a woman.. he has past live-in partners before.. na di nag work out nasa kanya ang diprensya.. inamin nya..Obssessive..perfectionist cya.. and very abusive..mentally abusive.. grabe mag control sa mind..I was a dependent housewife of a richman before.. now i started to stand on my own feet.. i have a good job ..But i still live in the same big house and dahil sa laki ng house di na kami nagkikita.. really i'm telling you the real story here..I won't tell you if he's the reason for all of my pseudo bipolar..But Mayu nagyari na another impact sa buhay ko lately..dun nag start..and sorry.. i won't disclose it here ..And yes, i think I love that way..sa past BF ko..wala naman masyado.. of course i feel bad if mag hiwalay kami before sa mga past bf ko..but okey lang yun, di ako nakafeel ng sobra na ganito,.,...parang goin crazy talaga.. i am overwhelmed now..with all of these impacts of my life..

I do feel so depress and i think it's normal to be depressed everytime mag break tayo sa BF natin ..right... but now is really different.. kasi siguro.. sa pressure ng age ko.. i'm 30 and i must have a kid at this age.. and i must have a family and a life partner..Di ako papayag talaga na wala yan..Di pwede..I need that to sustain me..I can't live living alone..no way!

P.S. I am legally married and contemplating for a legal sep. or annulment.. but di na materialize di pa talaga, takot or coldfeet pa kami both sa annulment..But I think di ko na kaya ..i think i must ..para makahanap na ako ng partner,... I hate loneliness.. i can't bear it..It's killing me.

in psychology, if a person tells that he/she will commit suicide that simply means, he/she won't.

those people just need attention and the feeling that they are still important in this world.

so don't believe a person if he/she threatens you..

just ask him/her to vent out his/her feelings..

in that way, the level of anxiety will alleviate. :thumbsupsmiley:

Wow!!!! there are many insightful and intelligent people positing in this thread!!!!

Let me first say that the ethical thing to do is to tell you to go see a qualified Therapist/Psychiatrist. If you have one make an appointment and direct all the questions you posted here to him/her. Having said that...... now allow me to share the below:

Do not get to hung up on tags, diagnosis, what people think you have, and/or how you define what kind of "Bipolar" condition you have. ( Bipolar I, Bipolar II, Cyclothymia, Rapid Cycling or Mixed Cycling).

One who was born with a crooked finger or one who traumatized his/her finger which healed crooked. Does not go around tagging himself/herself as "Crooked Finger". He/she does not go around saying "I'm crooked finger". So it is not necessary to say "I'm Bipolar". You just have a condition. (No stigma here)

You are you, and you should stand up and represent yourself on just your name. You do not even have to hide behind titles, tags, shadows of what you once were, nor, facades of what you want people to believe as who you are. "It is healthy to have a "Your Okay, I'm Okay" attitude. You are unique! :thumbsupsmiley: There is no one like you. Settled? Good! :D

Now lets attempt to find out what Bipolar is and is not? This may help clear up misconceptions. :huh:

Bipolar disorder (also known as manic depression) is a treatable illness marked by extreme changes in mood, thought, energy and behavior. It is known as bipolar disorder because a person's mood can alternate between the "poles" of mania (high, elevated mood) and depression (low, depressed mood). This change in the mood or "mood swing" can last for hours, days, weeks or even months. These highs and lows are frequently seasonal. Many people who have bipolar disorder report feeling symptoms of depression more often in the winter and symptoms of mania more often in the spring.

Bipolar disorder can also adversely affect GFs, BFs, MUs, FUBUs, spouses, family members, friends and people in the workplace. It usually begins in late adolescence (often appearing as depression during teen years), although it can start in early childhood (Iwa's point) or as late as the 40s and 50s. An equal number of men and women develop this illness and it is found among all races, ethnic groups and social classes. Bipolar disorder tends to run in families.

People who have bipolar disorder talk about experiencing mood swings(shifts). These swings can be severe, ranging from extreme energy to deep despair. These mood swings disrupt normal life activities (Distinguish bipolar mood episodes from ordinary mood changes). The swings/shifts may be mild ranging from sadness to irritability or restlessness.

Symptoms of Mania - the "highs" of bipolar disorder

Increased physical and mental activity and energy

Heightened mood, exaggerated optimism and self-confidence

Excessive irritability, aggressive behavior

Decreased need for sleep without experiencing fatigue

Grandiose delusions, inflated sense of self-importance

Racing speech, racing thoughts, flight of ideas

Impulsiveness, poor judgment, distractibility

Reckless behavior, promiscuity.

In the most severe cases, delusions and hallucinations

Symptoms of Depression - the "lows" of bipolar disorder

Prolonged sadness or unexplained crying spells

Significant changes in appetite and sleep patterns

Irritability, anger, worry, agitation, anxiety

Pessimism, indifference

Loss of energy, persistent lethargy

Feelings of guilt, worthlessness

Inability to concentrate, indecisiveness

Inability to take pleasure in former interests, social withdrawal

Unexplained aches and pains

Recurring thoughts of death or suicide

Make an honest evaluation of your current status (your mood, thoughts, energy level, and affective behaviour). In my next post is a "checklist" that will help you define your current condition. Please answer this honestly (no one else needs to see your answers so be direct and truthful to yourself). :flowers:

To stay on Topic, We must agree that the above conditions contribute to "Suicides" of the "passionate", the "Lovers". :blush:

P.S. Sweetania, My I PM some specific questions I have for you?

Take this checklist with you when you see your doctor next.

I: On a scale of one to ten, how do you feel? (circle the number)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

1 = sad, tired, anxious, tense, irritable, withdrawn

10 = happy, rested, relaxed, energized, involved in life

II: Check any words that describe how you have been feeling:

_ Trouble concentrating

_ Sad/Crying

_ Overeating/Not eating

_ Slept too much/Haven't been sleeping

_ Irritable/Angry/Worried/Anxious

_ Impulsive

_ Don’t care/Pessimistic

_ Racing thoughts/going a mile a minute

_ Lazy/No energy

_ Aches and pains

_ Guilty/Hopeless/Worthless/Overwhelmed

_ Difficult to concentrate or make decisions

_ Wanted to be alone

_ Reckless

_ Thoughts of death or suicide

_ Alcohol/Substance use

_ Other: ___________________________________________________________

I agree that you should monitor person with suicidal tendencies. But when do you know if a person indeed has suicidal tendencies and when he/she is just bluffing and using this as a ploy from you not leaving him/her. There is a fine line most of the time when a person is faking it and when he/she is not.

If the person is indeed suicidal & would harm him/herself, then do everything possible to help. But if its otherwise, just ignore it and leave.

This however, is in direct contrast to a teaching in Sociology that defines Suicide as a cry for help rather than a call to action.

They say people who proclaim that they will k*ll themselves want help more than anything. They need someone to listen, someone to talk to. They need to know that they are not alone in this world.

Cold as this may seem, when people do intend to k*ll themselves, they will just go ahead and do it. No announcements, no fanfare.

So ... yes. I agree that we need to monitor a suicidal person very closely ... however, that monitoring should be done at the right intensity - so as not to make them feel that we dont trust them and we think that any moment they will go off and k*ll themselves.

But more than anything, it pays to be more watchful over those people who dont say anything, and who act as if everything is all right. Those are the ones who are most likely to succeed in committing suicide ... because they wont even bother to announce it. They just go ahead and do it, and more often than not, others find out when it is too late.

This however, is in direct contrast to a teaching in Sociology that defines Suicide as a cry for help rather than a call to action.

They say people who proclaim that they will k*ll themselves want help more than anything. They need someone to listen, someone to talk to. They need to know that they are not alone in this world.

Cold as this may seem, when people do intend to k*ll themselves, they will just go ahead and do it. No announcements, no fanfare.

So ... yes. I agree that we need to monitor a suicidal person very closely ... however, that monitoring should be done at the right intensity - so as not to make them feel that we dont trust them and we think that any moment they will go off and k*ll themselves.

But more than anything, it pays to be more watchful over those people who dont say anything, and who act as if everything is all right. Those are the ones who are most likely to succeed in committing suicide ... because they wont even bother to announce it. They just go ahead and do it, and more often than not, others find out when it is too late.

If I may, just be mindful to those exceptions to the rule.... Most regrettable would be the day when one would say, "If only I had listened....". and it has been said :(

If I may, just be mindful to those exceptions to the rule.... Most regrettable would be the day when one would say, "If only I had listened....". and it has been said :(

If you read my post, I never said NOT TO LISTEN.

I even said - they (people who proclaim suicidal tendencies)

"they need someone to listen, someone to talk to. They need to know they are not alone in this world."

:blink:

What is most regrettable though is when in the end, you realize that you have lived your life blithely along, ignoring the silence, and assuming everything is okay with someone just because he or she never said a thing.

That for me is more regrettable since you lived your life in complacency, assuming everything was okay when the silence, the apathy, the anomie should have been a dead giveaway.

.. knew a girl once .. she and her bf had a fight while in their car going over a bridge .. he threatened to dump her .. she jumped off the bridge ......her face was messed up ... all bones broken ... died on impact... and her cousins beat the guy up ... now all his bones are broken ... now his frnds want to beat the cousins up and break all their bones...

my question.. when will the bone breaking end? im afraid it might end up with me with broken bones

in psychology, if a person tells that he/she will commit suicide that simply means, he/she won't.

those people just need attention and the feeling that they are still important in this world.

so don't believe a person if he/she threatens you..

just ask him/her to vent out his/her feelings..

in that way, the level of anxiety will alleviate. :thumbsupsmiley:

In reply to your answer with:

'In psychology, if a person tells that he/she will commit suicide that simply means, he/she won't.'

I believe that is called falsehood. We should take a look at the big picture first before saying such things.

You already judged a book by its cover and that is a sign of negativity cuz you dont want to know what life is really all about and your mind is closed to new concepts and possibilities. Someone then should update the book of psychology cuz it doesnt really much apply now in our generation.

In the past 100 years, we have achieved far greater advancement that made our lives more easier. How do you think we made it? Because we adapted. We refused to give up and stood up at every tests life or what the physical world could throw at us. So adapting is the key to survive here. We need to better understand what we are up against before assessing him or appraising him. This game of life is about survival.

Yes, I admit talking to that person to vent his anger / frustration is the first step to get to the bottom of things. But that is just the surface of what we are trying to find out. We are trying to find the cause and not the reason for the person's suicidal tendencies.

We have to examine family background, major occurrences of the subject, emotional / love stress levels, level of symptom and talking with the subject + family + friends is the key to putting the puzzles pieces into place. We should not hasten the process since we should put ourselves in the shoes of that person and see what makes him tick. This is a delicate process since the 3rd, 4th and 5th meeting with the subject, you should have already found major pieces and just asking minor questions to finish the puzzle. On the 6th meeting onwards, the story of the subject would change and be exaggerated. That is the usual case but we should still write or jot it down and see if it could fit in the puzzle. By the 6th meeting, you should already know what is wrong with the subject and guide him / her accordingly to how are we going to break the walls and bring him/ her back to the old her. Its a slow process without the full participation of the subject but at least we are moving to that direction which is better than nothing.

Always believe what the subject says if she / he has suicidal tendencies. The thing about not believing them and leaving them alone would confirm that nobody cares and they would be more willing to commit suicide. Everyone has a second chance in life and we just dont know it since everybody nowadays think about themselves and that they think nobody would help them when they are in dire need. Another falsehood.

Lets take a look at the big picture first. We need you to understand the complexities of living a life with a different background and a different mentality. Dont let your emotions blind you.

Like you said:

'Those people just need attention and the feeling that they are still important in this world.' - They are feeling important in the world? More like they are feeling UNIMPORTANT. That is why they are looking for help.

Think about it. Think about it.

Uhm...Suicidal Lovers....

There are different types....

People/Partners who keep yacking about...how they'd k*ll themselves if their lover leaves them....but they never really do it...they just say it ...but actually they won't even hurt themselves with a pin or a needle. that's emotional blackmail.

Then there are those types....like Miss Wyld mentioned...those who never anounce it....they just do it.

But then again ....there are those....who say it and at the same time they actually do it....repeatedly...hurting themselves...

what do you make of these?

Edited by iwalkalone