Build A Model Body!

guys pki explain nman nito o parang gusto ko ksi subukan this july...

Bill Starr 5x5

Linear Version for Intermediate Lifters

Monday

Squat 5x5

Ramping weight to top set of 5 (which should equal the previous Friday's heavy triple)

Bench 5x5

Ramping weight to top set of 5 (which should equal the previous Friday's heavy triple)

Barbell Row 5x5

Assistance: 2 sets of weighted hypers and 4 sets of weighted sit-ups

Wednesday

Squat 4x5

First 3 sets are the same as Monday, the 4th set is repeating the 3rd set again

Incline or Military 4x5

Ramping weight to top set of 5

Deadlift 4x5

Ramping weight to top set of 5

Assistance: 3 sets of sit-ups

Friday

Squat 4x5, 1x3, 1x8

First 4 sets are the same as Monday's, the triple is 2.5% above your Monday top set of 5, use the weight from the 3rd set for a final set of 8

Bench 4x5, 1x3, 1x8

First 4 sets are the same as Monday's, the triple is 2.5% above your Monday top set of 5, use the weight from the 3rd set for a final set of 8

Barbell Row 4x5, 1x3, 1x8

Assistance: 3 sets of weighted dips (5-8 reps), 3 sets of barbell curls and 3 sets of triceps extensions (8 reps)

mga tanong:

1) bkit ang may squat dun sa 3 days ng training?

2) anong goal ang ma achieve ko pag ginawa ko ito?

3) nababagay ba itong program sa akin?

4) ilang months ko dpat gawin ito para makita ko ung improvement?

salamat sa help..  :D

1. The squat is the cornerstone of any good strength traiing program

2. You will build a good foundation of strength which will set you in the right path in order to make your goals attainable. As of yesterday, 30 guys in our gym deadlifted 315, 5 guys squatted 315 and 2 guys benched 225 using this program as a foundatinal routine

3. Yes it will be good for you

4. It depends. Some may do it for a minimum of 8 weeks while others go up to 16 weeks

straight answer: NO.

u can't build mass and get cut just by taking in protein. u need carbs to effectively work out to buildup mass.

what u need to do in order to build mass and at the same time get cut is to:

a. increase caloric intake with a balanced diet of healthy carbs, essential fats (containing omega-3,6,9), and protein. protein should be slightly over the standard 1 g/lb body weight. u want jurassic mass (be like the old huge beasts), then take in abt 4000 calories/day...normal is around 2500 calories/day.

b. lift heavy but be mindful of overtraining. do more compound, multi-joint exercises than isolations.

c. do intensive cardio. 45-1 hr mins. x 3 /week

Why does one need to do long cardio i oder to get cut? I don't see the point.

long cardio does not get you cut... long cardio gives good work out to your cardiovascular system thus enhancing endurance... but not too long cardio because this is known to be retrogressive.

The long running has become a habit with a lot of fitness people.. I've seen people get really good results with this but I also know people who used cardio running as the basis of their fatloss program and now they're doing dance aerobics cause their knees gave way... long distance running is not generally good for fat loss especially if yer really on the hefty side... too much stress on your knees... I almost was a victim of this as well... Actually you even need to lose a little weight before you start considering long drawn out running if you really want to look and plan ahead...

in any case, there are otas specified by olympus..

Just as another kuwento, a friend of mine who was is a runner is currently on a diet because he needs to lsoe a little bit more weight cause his knees were starting to hurt... does that make sense? he needs to do something else to lose weight to do something that everybody does as a weight loss tool... weird diba...

thats like old time programs... maka luma na yan... and thats more for rehab work i think... a lot of balancing and correction of form... thats the only thing that i can see na magiging gains kung may hold hold na yan... parang active rest puwede rin...

true true... theory lang nga yan actually... except for the laws and principles that govern them... since einstein ang may kasalanan ng lahat... although there have been actual experiments that did prove the electron thing.... the cloudy mass that I was referring to earlier was really observed already... I forgot what it was called... CERN is now the foremost authority on the quantum science and grabe the stuff that they do there...

My opinion lang po ha, mas ok siguro if one does more intense cardio pero short lang since one consumes more energy doing that kumpara sa mahaba at matagal na cardio. Lahat kasi ng nakita ko na athlete or person na short lang mag cardio pero pukpukan e mas lean at built kaysa sa mga nakita ko na matagal mag cardio. Pero as they say, siguro kasi madami ayaw ng nahihirapan kaya mas gugustuhin mag "cruise"

My opinion lang po ha, mas ok siguro if one does more intense cardio pero short lang since one consumes more energy doing that kumpara sa mahaba at matagal na cardio. Lahat kasi ng nakita ko na athlete or person na short lang mag cardio pero pukpukan e mas lean at built kaysa sa mga nakita ko na matagal mag cardio. Pero as they say, siguro kasi madami ayaw ng nahihirapan kaya mas gugustuhin mag "cruise"

actually its not about the cruise... its old traditional fitness thinking na nagsasabi na kailangan long drawn out cardio for fat loss.... nope... long drawn out cardio, once or twice a week for general fitness... not weight loss...

Ashtanga (Power Yoga) the preferred choice for athletes, Ashtanga yoga is light on meditation but heavy on developing strength and stamina. The poses are more difficult than those performed in other styles, students move quickly from one pose to another in an effort to build strength and flexibility.

This style is suitable for anyone in reasonable physical condition but should be avoided by those who are new to exercise. Even the "beginners" routines are a physically demanding workout. Ashtanga yoga takes students through a warming up of the body to "activate" the muscles.

Students move from one pose to another in a continual flow and combine the inhale and exhale of the breath with movements. This physically demanding yoga was developed to build strength, flexibility, and stamina.

Ashtanga yoga is becoming very popular. Expect the teacher to move the students through a sequence of poses, which is practiced, until it is mastered to some degree and the fundamentals completely understood. Then the student moves on to practice another series of poses that are more difficult, but the foundations are the same.

The series of poses involves weaving in a combination of standing, seated, backbends, inversions, balancing, and twisting poses into sun salutation poses which include a standing forward bend, upward dog, downward dog, and other poses.

There is a focus on breath control and focal point of the eyes as the students do a specific prescribed series of poses, moving gracefully from one to another. It is very beneficial for the body to be warm and/or the room to be heated as one does ashtanga, this will help the muscles to be very flexible, and help the body avoid strains due to the physically demanding style of ashtanga.

:cool:

Pag short intense cardio, CARBO ang nagagamit mong energy source.

Pag Long less intense cardio, Fat ang nagagamit mo.

It depends on the person kung ano nagwowork sa knya....

And where did you get this? If fat is being used during long sessions, then why has it been published in several journals that aerobic energy system work tends to put the body in a catabolic state as compared to anaerobic energy system work, which tends to improve metabolic conditioning and improves EPOC and fat burning of the human body?

thats exactly why i loved to read the stuff that olympus has been posting... believe me, if there was shred of proof that his practices were unsound, i'd be the first advocate to burning him at the stake... but upon further review there is real scientific basis... playing with metabolic rates.. using certain types of exercises to reach peak anaerobic stress levels.. i luveet... :D

To be perfectly honest, I have yet to meet anyone who has not shed off inchs and burnt fat using either HIIT or the Tabata method. i have also seen a few guys in our gym get even leaner using a Crossfit WOD. one of them won a silver medal last week at the LVM powerlifting championships and this guy is not only strong, but has a six pack to show.

To be perfectly honest, I have yet to meet anyone who has not shed off inchs and burnt fat using either HIIT or the Tabata method. i have also seen a few guys in our gym get even leaner using a Crossfit WOD. one of them won a silver medal last week at the LVM powerlifting championships and this guy is not only strong, but has a six pack to show.

Even most of the guys have lost at least 20lbs of fat while gaining equal amounts of muscle just by doing heavy basic lifting plus cleaning up their diets, meaning balancing their protein and carbs in each meal. It's all about diet and lifting heavy. The "cardio conspiracy" that was started by the Cooper Institute still has a stranglehold over what people believe. All I can say in response to that is to look at all of the fat people who do back-to-back aerobics class. Most make no change (still fat) after over a year of consistant aerobics.

Even most of the guys have lost at least 20lbs of fat while gaining equal amounts of muscle just by doing heavy basic lifting plus cleaning up their diets, meaning balancing their protein and carbs in each meal.  It's all about diet and lifting heavy.  The "cardio conspiracy" that was started by the Cooper Institute still has a stranglehold over what people believe.  All I can say in response to that is to look at all of the fat people who do back-to-back aerobics class.  Most make no change (still fat) after over a year of consistant aerobics.

I should say that a few of the aero-junkies do lose weight...but only if they couple it with strength training. The fundamental problem with these discussions and those who preach long cardio is that this a thread about building a model body....not how to win a Mr. Punyverse title via hours of cardio that will eat up both fat and muscle.

thats exactly why i loved to read the stuff that olympus has been posting... believe me, if there was shred of proof that his practices were unsound, i'd be the first advocate to burning him at the stake... but upon further review there is real scientific basis... playing with metabolic rates.. using certain types of exercises to reach peak anaerobic stress levels.. i luveet... :D

Exactly...this is real science at work, conducted or verified by ourselves in our own human performance lab aka "The Dungeon". There's too much talk about weight loss theory on this board...and that is one of the problems with the industry. The industry as a whole needs to start listening to the real athletes who have been in the trenches for over a decade or more.

I've done the long cardio route as have many of my co-athetes. We've all turned into little stick boys as a result. We might have had abs, but our arms and legs looked like pipe-cleaners. We need to stick to the short bursts of cardio and metabolic manipulation that will give well-built abs...as well as the rest of the body to match :cool:

im with andrean48... started doing cardio a year ago. my abs was 34-35in then. now, i have a 30-inch ab (not a lot of loss for a span of 1 year, but i also am not serious about dieting). as i've posted a couple of pages ago, i do not lift weights seriously. wala ako program na sinusunod, i even rarely do ab exercises. nagcoconcentrate lang ako sa 1-hour treadmill. last year, i weighted around 148-150 lbs. now, im a lean 125-128-pounder. :)

but dont get me wrong, guys... particularly sir olympus and sir equus. i am not saying you are wrong. what you say also makes a lot of sense. of course, bigger muscles means more energy (or calories) used to feed those hungry muscles. therefore, more efficient fat burning. :) and... i am not in a position to tell you guys you are wrong because you also have proven what you are saying, right? :) all i am saying is that long, less intense cardio worked for me.

im with andrean48... started doing cardio a year ago.  my abs was 34-35in then.  now, i have a 30-inch ab (not a lot of loss for a span of 1 year, but i also am not serious about dieting).  as i've posted a couple of pages ago, i do not lift weights seriously.  wala ako program na sinusunod, i even rarely do ab exercises. nagcoconcentrate lang ako sa 1-hour treadmill.  last year, i weighted around 148-150 lbs. now, im a lean 125-128-pounder. :)

but dont get me wrong, guys... particularly sir olympus and sir equus. i am not saying you are wrong. what you say also makes a lot of sense.  of course, bigger muscles means more energy (or calories) used to feed those hungry muscles.  therefore, more efficient fat burning. :)  and... i am not in a position to tell you guys you are wrong because you also have proven what you are saying, right? :)  all i am saying is that long, less intense cardio worked for me.

What will you do when your metabolism slows down further...like when you are in your late 20's and beyond? Also, do you really enjoy hanging out on the treadmill for an hour and can you sustain that activity (without nagging injury) for life? I know I can't :sick:

What will you do when your metabolism slows down further...like when you are in your late 20's and beyond? Also, do you really enjoy hanging out on the treadmill for an hour and can you sustain that activity (without nagging injury) for life? I know I can't 

well, actually, i am in my late 20's... 29 to be exact. i noticed that my metabolism is actually slowing down, that's why i started exercising in a gym last year ago. i also haven't encountered nagging injury (but, considering the short span of working out... :) ). i admit doing treadmill for 1 hour is boring. i also admit that someday i might stop doing treadmill... and so as weightlifting. :) i dont know when will that time come, but, as of now, i am happy with the results. :)

i can also see myself running...or jogging at the park when im in my 50s and up... but i cant see myself still lifting weights and running on treadmill in a gym when im 50 above. :)

peace dude :)

Edited by Pepeng Manas
well, actually, i am in my late 20's... 29 to be exact. i noticed that my metabolism is actually slowing down, that's why i started exercising in a gym last year ago.  i also haven't encountered nagging injury (but, considering the short span of working out... :) ).  i admit doing treadmill for 1 hour is boring.  i also admit that someday i might stop doing treadmill... and so as weightlifting. :) i dont know when will that time come, but, as of now, i am happy with the results. :)

i can also see myself running...or jogging at the park when im in my 50s and up... but i cant see myself still lifting weights and running on treadmill in a gym when im 50 above. :)

peace dude :)

Really? Lifting weights in your 50's and beyond will keep you young. I've already predicted my death...it will be at 92 years of age....in a water-skiing accident :lol:

Seriously though, going to the gym, while is partially about vanity, i.e. a "model body", we shouldn't forget the ultimate purpose of a fitness lifestyle. A few of my members have reminded me of this....such as people who were only in their 30's with severe back pain asking for their "life back". What this means is that they got basically obese and gained the chronic severe back pains that came with sedentary obesity. I got them doing pin-pull deadlifts and good mornings, and within a few weeks, their back pain went away to the point where they no longer needed their chiropractors.

To paraphrase an old Ponds commercial, I don't intend to grow old gracefully (and helplessly/pathetically). I intend to fight it every step of the way, meaning all out slash and burn warfare. :pirate: :ph34r:

If you expect to continue jogging in the park when you're 50 and above, you'll need a balanced fitness plan, and that includes strength training.

actually pepeng manas, i know people who have done what you have done... great results... but muscle catabolism was very evident... The other methods prescribed here is not THE ONLY WAY to do it but think of it as probably a more efficient way of experiencing fatloss...

im with andrean48... started doing cardio a year ago.  my abs was 34-35in then.  now, i have a 30-inch ab (not a lot of loss for a span of 1 year, but i also am not serious about dieting).  as i've posted a couple of pages ago, i do not lift weights seriously.  wala ako program na sinusunod, i even rarely do ab exercises. nagcoconcentrate lang ako sa 1-hour treadmill.  last year, i weighted around 148-150 lbs. now, im a lean 125-128-pounder. :)

but dont get me wrong, guys... particularly sir olympus and sir equus. i am not saying you are wrong. what you say also makes a lot of sense.  of course, bigger muscles means more energy (or calories) used to feed those hungry muscles.  therefore, more efficient fat burning. :)  and... i am not in a position to tell you guys you are wrong because you also have proven what you are saying, right? :)  all i am saying is that long, less intense cardio worked for me.

125-128 and at what height? I assume you work out because you want to look good right?