Build A Model Body!

You only see them during their photo shoots after they’ve spent 6 months bulking then dieting/cutting to reveal six-pack abs and chiseled chest, shoulders, and legs.

If you look at the candid pics in showbiz mags, you won't see those chiseled bodies. You'll see really skinny actresses and fat actors.

It's all in the power of cosmetics and photography that these actors/actresses look good.

Also, there's no such thing as a guy who can squat 315lbs who doesn't have a killer 8 pack when lean.  Such an individual just doesn't exist.  The added bonus, is that ladies love the quads and butt that comes from a guy who can squat 315.  This, I can guarantee  :hypocritesmiley:

315 - 210 = 105lbs to go for my squats!

But doesn't deadlift also contribute to killer abs? Last time I did 260lbs max reps, I felt my shoulders and abs go numb. Btw, I did 6 reps and I'm looking forward to the 315lbs negative.

-cassio

I think the main problem here is that most poeple want to hear the answers they want to hear, not what they need to hear....

Think of Eclipseguy being the Simon Cowell of fitness, you love him or hate him. You need someone to balance out all the nice talk some coaches would give you.

I think the main problem here is that most poeple want to hear the answers they want to hear, not what they need to hear....

This is very true. A lot of people in other forums have asked me how I made progress and when I tell them to revamp their whole routine, they just leave and never come back.

I find it really pointless for some people to ask but are not willing to listen.

-cassio

If you look at the candid pics in showbiz mags, you won't see those chiseled bodies.  You'll see really skinny actresses and fat actors.

It's all in the power of cosmetics and photography that these actors/actresses look good.

315 - 210 = 105lbs to go for my squats!

But doesn't deadlift also contribute to killer abs?  Last time I did 260lbs max reps, I felt my shoulders and abs go numb.  Btw, I did 6 reps and I'm looking forward to the 315lbs negative.

-cassio

So how did you feel after the Tiero method? I know I'm sore today. Deadlifts help as well to achieve abs....but for deadlifts, you'll really feel it once you get near 365 for reps. Deadlifts really helps with the obliques.

Later when I get the Jumpstretch bands, it will be a completely new experience. These bands cause you to keep accelerating even as you reach the top of the movement for something like squats. Normally, when lifting, you subconsciously slow your acceleration as you near the end of the movement. The bands create a huge amount of instability...and seeing how the job of your core muscles is for stability, they take a beating during squats with Jumpstretch bands.

So how did you feel after the Tiero method?  I know I'm sore today.  Deadlifts help as well to achieve abs....but for deadlifts, you'll really feel it once you get near 365 for reps.  Deadlifts really helps with the obliques.

Later when I get the Jumpstretch bands, it will be a completely new experience.  These bands cause you to keep accelerating even as you reach the top of the movement for something like squats.  Normally, when lifting, you subconsciously slow your acceleration as you near the end of the movement.  The bands create a huge amount of instability...and seeing how the job of your core muscles is for stability, they take a beating during squats with Jumpstretch bands.

I think that was my 4th day of doing tri-sets.

I don't feel as sore as my previous days..

I just noticed that on my 7th set, I was starting to lose concentration. Anyway, I finished 10 sets for all exercises.

FYI for other readers on the board, I'm doing tri-sets right now. It's alternating Squats, Bench and Dynamic Rows with 75sec rest in between for 10 sets. Weights yesterday was 155, 130, 180lbs respectively. I find this more intense than running for long hours or even doing HIIT.

-cassio

It's quite a long thread and I'm running out of popcorn!

Btw, I've been seeing a lot of Holy Kettle Corn carts sprouting all over.  Is too much of such popcorn good or bad for you?

-cassio

Holy Kettle Corn? It must be a Cubao thing :D

Popcorn is high-glycemic so it will spike your blood sugar if you eat it without a source of protein, sabotaging your weight loss efforts. This is one of those times to have a protein shake handy to drink a little before you enjoy your popcorn...and this entertaining thread to go with it :P

Thing is, if I let one person air his side, and the other person air his... it wont ever end.

Thats what were here for (Mods)... to nip arguments in the bud while we can.. and hopefully maintain peace in the threads.

I hope you dont mind that I did what I did. :)

Now.. can we move on please?

Salamat.

Yup, thanks for patching things up... we really appreciate your presence here... well moving on... :mtc:

Remember that you don’t see models or actors who are well-built during the off-season when they tend to gain fat while trying to gain muscle.  You only see them during their photo shoots after they’ve spent 6 months bulking then dieting/cutting to reveal six-pack abs and chiseled chest, shoulders, and legs.  If your shirt or jeans aren’t getting tighter or the scale is not increasing, or especially you are not breaking personal records in the gym, you need to be eating more. 

Exactly as what i have said before...

Guys wish me luck, finals week na namin next week.

Pag ala akong bagsak sure na ko sa OJT. Yung location ng OJT ko ang magdedetermine kung saan ako makakapag gym eh.

Kung don sa Manila, Inno's Gym.

Kung sa may QC, sa Fitness First.

Kung sa my sa may Boni don sa Gym ng classmate ko sa AFPP.

Kung sa Pque dito ule sa Pearl.

Kung sa Las Piñas sa gym ni kuya John.

Kung sa Cavite ayos don!!!! In house ang gym.

Am preparing for next yr. Uuwi na uli si Kuya Nelson at magscreening kami ule for Icon Modeling.

Wish me luck po.....

God Bless everyone

good luck pre, bakit di mo try sa Eclipse kung sa manila ka rin lang? at least andon si Olympus diba?

BTW, natawa ako don sa Sig. mo :P

Pag ala akong bagsak sure na ko sa OJT. Yung location ng OJT ko ang magdedetermine kung saan ako makakapag gym eh.

Am preparing for next yr. Uuwi na uli si Kuya Nelson at magscreening kami ule for Icon Modeling.

Wish me luck po.....

God Bless everyone

Parañaque ka na lang pre para klasmeyts tayO sa Pearl Plaza...san kb dun sa taas o sa baba? :goatee:

Hello to all,

It's been a while na hindi na ko nakapagbasa sa MTC.

Bwisit kasi yung IT, they block some website including this one.

Buti na lang at may staff akong hacker tapos pasikreto na lang kaming nag net. hehehe.

Dami na palang nangyari at may away na naman.

Anyway, goodluck Adrean for your OJT.

To Ms Wylde, I know some of the members here don't agree with the principles they want to share. However, closing this thread is not really the solution. The topic here is about the human body, which is really very complex to understand even in the medical and fitness field. I know isa na ako doon sa pasaway na nakipag argue rin but my point is this is a good way of expressing ourselves para makita ng mga members yung good and bad points from each and everyone na nagpost dito. I know we get to be personal kasi minsan if you want to rebutt somebody hindi mo makontrol na tirahin siya personally. Like what eclipseguy and me have done before, also thug and olympus. By the way, nawawala na rin si thug. in this way, the members would see the point of each other. when you say fitness, there are a lot, i mean a lot of principles out there. kaya nga maraming method ang ina-advertise ng mga gym for them to create their image. sorry po, hindi ko po kayo dinidiktahan. just expressing my opinion.

cheerrsss.......sorry kung out of the topic din.

Wish me luck po.....

God Bless everyone

May the FORCE BE WITH YOU...

http://blogs.warwick.ac.uk/images/charlesbourne/2005/05/23/yoda.jpg

What don't you understand about it?

how do you actually go about doing it. the way i understand it you do 2 exercises alternately for a specific time frame (say 15 mins). my questions are, do you count how many reps you do or do you do them until failure? do you rest between the two exercises or proceed to another one when your done with the first (do i rest after doing exercise a before exercise b?) how much should a person lift when doing this kind of training? and will i increase the weight of what im lifting during a workout? hope you can help me on this, thanks!

how do you actually go about doing it. the way i understand it you do 2 exercises alternately for a specific time frame (say 15 mins). my questions are, do you count how many reps you do or do you do them until failure? do you rest between the two exercises or proceed to another one when your done with the first (do i rest after doing exercise a before exercise b?) how much should a person lift when doing this kind of training? and will i increase the weight of what im lifting during a workout? hope you can help me on this, thanks!

you think too much... EDT was made to be so simple that you SHOULD NOT THINK SO MUCH ANYMORE!

pick two exercises e.g. squat and bench, pick a weight you can roughly do for 0 reps, do each exercise back to back, always avoid training to failure.. in the end what matters is you jot the total time period elapsed, total number of sets and reps per exercise... next workout you know you have to do the same amount of work in less time, do more reps or add weight to the bar... its that simple

Wish me luck po.....

God Bless everyone

Bro if you're gonna be in qc i'd suggest zest or pinnacle over fitness first.

in las pinas, I'd suggest fitness advantage

for manila or makati, I'd say eclipse

avoid the classy gyms since you'll not get what you need there