• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Build A Model Body!

Yup FF, slimmers and golds have m,ore machines than freeweights...

I'd suggest these websites: www.crossfit.com, www.t-nation.com, www.ruggedmag.com, danjohn.org for training info. menshealth has a lot of contradicting info and bodybuilding.com has a plethora of contradictions, its only useful if you know what to search for

i did just that a few months back.. hehehe machines are sissies! joke!  :D i prefer to lift the powerlifter's way! btw, have you noticed fitness first (libis)? masmadami silang machines, kaya di ko rin nagustuhan..

anyway, for fitness tips, try nyo rin read articles from www.askmen.com, www.menshealth.com, www.bodybuilding.com

pansin nyo, yung mga fitness routine na feature sa mens health magazine... kadalasan composed of free weights din. :)  :thumbsupsmiley:

machines have their own thing too. they're good for those days when you just want to get yer work out over and done with... they are no brainers that you can do with little cerebral activity.. di naman tayo araw araw ganado mag work out diba... plus it gives older people and beginners a better chance to start work out without hurting themselves without hiring trainers. FF has a good ratio i think. It gives importance to overall health and not to hardcore gymming. Ive worked out in kalawang gyms, weighted cemento for plates gyms, normal village gyms, etc... lets try not to be judgemental kasi different things nga work for diffrent people... if the machines thing works for them, who are we to say that they are wrong diba? :D

Again, not all of us have the mental and physical aptitude to do hardcore training. Im sure i can put any hardcore worker outer person on a machine and make his body ache like a bitch more than if he does his routine in free weights... and vise versa.. but at the end of the day, its only experience, commitment and dedication to what you do and your capacity to learn and listen to your body for you to be able to make siginificant gains and progress in terms of you gymming life...

how to get a 6-pack abs

sure ito pare, im not there yet pero meron n ako konti results.

the key is intensify your training. siglahan mo ng konti. explode on your exercises. always feel the muscle you are working.

example:

2 body parts a day plus abs

each body part (eg. chest) mga 4-5 exercises and 4 sets each exercise.

kahit light to moderate weights lang pero dapat tama ang form.

wag madaliin yung exercise, dapat PROPER FORM.

you can ask the gym instructor for this, or better yet buy muscle mags.

muscle mags really helps a lot, basta basahin mo maige ang explanation on how to do the exercise.

TIP: dapat palagi mo FLEX (squeeze) the muscle your are exercising every peak contraction niya.

always do your abs. dont skip it

train only 4 times a week. pag more than that over train n yun. hirap n body mo mag recover.

and do cardio, kahit 5mins muna sa una. then increase it ng 5mins more each week. hanggang kaya mo na 30-45min.

TIP: when doing cardio, bagalan mo lang muna n umpisa, para di kaagad ma-burn out and hindi masakit sa joints.

Recovery. always try to have a 7-8 hour sleep. iwas mo muna gimik and inom, dadating tayo dyan.

mga 4 months lang ng intensity. you will see noticable results n.

WHAT ARE YOU REWARDS ON ALL OF THESE HARD WORK. CHICKS PARE, NOT JUST CHICKS BUT PLENTY OF CHICK. ikaw n ang mamimili.

working out is not just for your health, but it is also good on your social life. tama ba?

pero always remember not abuse people, because they are persons to with feelings.

sana nakatulong ako.

thanks

GOD bless. Peace :cool:

I used to lift weights, body build and I didn't like the results...

I looked like a bouncer for a night club

Hmm.. I'm also into lifting weights but my muscles firmed up lang. Maybe your body is really big to start with? That's a question ha. I mean.. girls kse di naman talaga magbabato-bato ang itsura not unless you drink something para maging ganun (just like yun mga girls na sumasali na sa mga contest).

Anyway, to answer the thread's question.. you have to lose weight muna then tone your body by lifting weights. Pag may fats ka pa sa katawan, mahihirapan ka ma-achieve ang model-like figure. Read also the gym buffs thread.. there are so many helpful tips there.

Goodluck! ;)

Edited by black cat

You're joking right? Muscle mags are the worst sources of information out there. They contain routines designed for the roid community and any natural guy would soon burn out on those routines..

Abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym. You can do all the exercises you want but if your diet is trash, you'll never achieve the six pack

how to get a 6-pack abs

sure ito pare, im not there yet pero meron n ako konti results.

the key is intensify your training. siglahan mo ng konti. explode on your exercises. always feel the muscle you are working.

example:

2 body parts a day plus abs

each body part (eg. chest) mga 4-5 exercises and 4 sets each exercise.

kahit light to moderate weights lang pero dapat tama ang form.

wag madaliin yung exercise, dapat PROPER FORM.

you can ask the gym instructor for this, or better yet buy muscle mags.

muscle mags really helps a lot, basta basahin mo maige ang explanation on how to do the exercise.

TIP: dapat palagi mo FLEX (squeeze) the muscle your are exercising every peak contraction niya.

always do your abs. dont skip it

train only 4 times a week.  pag more than that over train n yun. hirap n body mo mag recover.

and do cardio, kahit 5mins muna sa una. then increase it ng 5mins more each week. hanggang kaya mo na 30-45min.

TIP: when doing cardio, bagalan mo lang muna n umpisa, para di kaagad ma-burn out and hindi masakit sa joints.

Recovery. always try to have a 7-8 hour sleep. iwas mo muna gimik and inom, dadating tayo dyan.

mga 4 months lang ng intensity. you will see noticable results n.

WHAT ARE YOU REWARDS ON ALL OF THESE HARD WORK.  CHICKS PARE, NOT JUST CHICKS BUT PLENTY OF CHICK. ikaw n ang mamimili.

working out is not just for your health, but it is also good on your social life. tama ba?

pero always remember not abuse people, because they are persons to with feelings.

sana nakatulong ako.

thanks

GOD bless. Peace :cool:

idea here is NOT to look at the mirror at how you scuplt your body but rather monitor your weight!

you should focus on reaching your IDEAL weight, with everyday of cardio and and 2x a week of weights.

With weight training focus on low-weight, high repetitions, around 20 to 25 reps, and no rest!

I hate exercising...in any shape or form

but I started doing pilates and wow kahit ang sakit

nang katawan ko ang sarap pa din...and it really makes you

sweat...and I try to fit in some cardio into my workout

like kick boxing and dance aerobics...

and some light weights but more reps with no rest period

between sets so I can burn some calories...

I used to lift weights, body build and I didn't like the results...

I looked like a bouncer for a night club so now I'm trying

light weights with more reps na.

but i don't have a model's body (yet) and I don't think i would ever

hotlipps you need to avoid lifting weights muna, or lift weight lang to suport your cardio, like to strengthen your knees on your running. You focus muna on stationary bike (if you have weak knees), then after a week proceed to stationary bike.

Just focus on the time, walk run muna..until after a month when you can run continuously na..

you need Cardio (running, bike) and clean diet.. you should feel weak and hungry on your diet.. and that is part of getting a toner body..

somehow when i watch some ladies do group sessions like aerobics, taebo, it seems only the instructor is working hard.. if you don't do it right and with intensity its useless, if you only do it every weekend, its useless, you should do it almost everyday with increasing intensity to achieve results.

Why would anyone consider the scale a better judge than the mirror?

High rep training DOES NOT burn fat. This is one of the fallacies exposied in Dr. Mel Siff's book "facts and fallacies about fitness"

idea here is NOT to look at the mirror at how you scuplt your body but rather monitor your weight!

you should focus on reaching your IDEAL weight, with everyday of cardio and and 2x a week of weights.

With weight training focus on low-weight, high repetitions, around 20 to 25 reps, and no rest!

When on a fatloss program, lifting weights is mandatory as you want to build muscle to make your body more effecient in fat burning. As you pointed out it also helps strengthen support on tendons and ligaments.

For women, they need not worry as they don't have enough testosterone to build muscle for them to look very muscular.

hotlipps you need to avoid lifting weights muna, or lift weight lang to suport your cardio, like to strengthen your knees on your running. You focus muna on stationary bike (if you have weak knees), then after a week proceed to stationary bike.

Just focus on the time, walk run muna..until after a month when you can run continuously na..

you need Cardio (running, bike) and clean diet.. you should feel weak and hungry on your diet.. and that is part of getting a toner body..

somehow when i watch some ladies do group sessions like aerobics, taebo, it seems only the instructor is working hard.. if you don't do it right and with intensity its useless, if you only do it every weekend, its useless, you should do it almost everyday with increasing intensity to achieve results.

Why would anyone consider the scale a better judge than the mirror?

High rep training DOES NOT burn fat. This is one of the fallacies exposied in Dr. Mel Siff's book "facts and fallacies about fitness"

the idea with high rep training is not to burn fat, but to prepare your body for the rigors of cardio training.. and essentially lifting low rep with high weights just increases your chances of injury, and also makes you build larger muscles which is not ideal..

its the cardio training that makes a model sexy body, not the weights.. the weights is just for injury prevention and for gaining strength..

you cannot get an accurate feedback of your progress on looking at the mirror, the scale gives you an accurate feedback of your progress..

this is why most bodybuilders develop a sense of lack of confidence on continue pounding on weights, they look at other bodybuilders then look at themselves on the mirror and feel inferior..

also for people trying to trim down, they look at the mirror and they see the same them.. and feel like nothing is happening.. then they get frustrated and stop.. that is why look at the SCALES not the mirror.. monitor your progress on the scales not the mirror..

Edited by THUG
When on a fatloss program, lifting weights is mandatory as you want to build muscle to make your body more effecient in fat burning. As you pointed out it also helps strengthen support on tendons and ligaments.

For women, they need not worry as they don't have enough testosterone to build muscle for them to look very muscular.

oh no.. that is a misconception, having large muscles does not necessarily mean a trimmer lower fat person.. have you seen WWE wrestlers or even niteclub bouncers? these people have muscles but they also have lots of FAT.. :lol:

i mostly see guys on the gym lifting heavy barbells and sweating it up, they can surely lift 2x than i do, and looks very impressive, but if you look at their tummy..wow tons of fat..

you should support it with lots of cardio.. more cardio, low weight/high reps.. clean diet, otherwise you will have a body like that of a powerlifter or an olympic wrestler.. not a body of a model..

Aerobic and anaerobic training are two different anspects of training.

Cardio, is not the only factor that gives a model the physique they need and desire..

Can you honestly tell me that marathon runners would make good models?

Low rep training increaes your chance of injury? really? how? Most injuries occur not by lifting excessive weight but by poor stabilization. Many times most injuries in the gym occur when guys cheat on their reps with atrocious form. When you lift heavy, your form has to be precise and correct, doing low reps also assures less chances of form breakdown.

I firmly believe that the tape measure and the scale are mirror are superior judges over the mirror... why?

let's use this analogy.. Who would look better... a 130Lb guy with a bodyfat percentage of 14-15% or a 140 lb guy with a bodyfat percentage of 12%

the idea with high rep training is not to burn fat, but to prepare your body for the rigors of cardio training..  and essentially lifting low rep with high weights just increases your chances of injury, and also makes you build larger muscles which is not ideal..

its the cardio training that makes a model sexy body, not the weights..  the weights is just for injury prevention and for gaining strength..

you cannot get an accurate feedback of your progress on looking at the mirror, the scale gives you an accurate feedback of your progress..

this is why most bodybuilders develop a sense of lack of confidence on continue pounding on weights, they look at other bodybuilders then look at themselves on the mirror and feel inferior.. 

also for people trying to trim down, they look at the mirror and they see the same them.. and feel like nothing is happening.. then they get frustrated and stop.. that is why look at the SCALES not the mirror.. monitor your progress on the scales not the mirror..

Apparently, you haven't seen the lighter weightlifters or powerlifters who have to maintain a weight for them to compete in a certain class...

Also, have you ever cnsidered that ardio is not relevant for a power lifter? fat WWE wrestlers? Sure big show is definitely fat.. I doubt if you canj say that about Randy Orton, Chris Masters, Batista or even Rob Conway.

When going on a fatloss plan, the key in resistance training is you have to do the same thing you did when building muscle. You want to maximize fat loss and minimize muscle loss. So the only difference between a fatloss program and a muscle building program is that the fatloss program has more energy system work and you have a stricter diet...

Please get your facts straight before distorting them

oh no.. that is a misconception, having large muscles does not necessarily mean a trimmer lower fat person.. have you seen WWE wrestlers or even niteclub bouncers?  these people have muscles but they also have lots of FAT..  :lol:

i mostly see guys on the gym lifting heavy barbells and sweating it up, they can surely lift 2x than i do, and looks very impressive,  but if you look at their tummy..wow tons of fat..

you should support it with lots of cardio.. more cardio, low weight/high reps.. clean diet, otherwise you will have a body like that of a powerlifter or an olympic wrestler..  not a body of a model..

Apparently, you haven't seen the lighter weightlifters or powerlifters who have to maintain a weight for them to compete in a certain class...

Also, have you ever cnsidered that ardio is not relevant for a power lifter? fat WWE wrestlers? Sure big show is definitely fat.. I doubt if you canj say that about Randy Orton, Chris Masters, Batista or even Rob Conway.

When going on a fatloss plan, the key in resistance training is you have to do the same thing you did when building muscle. You want to maximize fat loss and minimize muscle loss. So the only difference between a fatloss program and a muscle building program is that the fatloss program has more energy system work and you have a stricter diet...

Please get your facts straight before distorting them

makikidaaan lang mga sir...

very interesting ang batuhan ng idea dito and im learning a lot here.

medyo lumalaki tyan ko so im looking for ways to trim down.

this looks like a good place to start.

but lets keep it peaceful sana...

peace

I agree with olympus in terms of the powerlifers. It is integral for them to have a maximum Muscle output in the shortest amount of time. This type of muscle work dictates the final form that they have during their competition weight.

I guess another anology would be to look at the best athletes at the top of their game. I can easily say that the ones who do the most cardio ie. marathon runners, cyclists, long distance runners, iron man etc suffer from excessive muscle catabolism.. The best physique are the ones who do 50 meter sprints, gymnastics, divers, swimmers, etc. These are the people who can harness a maximum muscle ouput and maintain it for a span of not more than 10 minutes... and are able to keep on doing that... If you parallelize it to working out, does this mean that shorter sets with intense but low reps is the way to go?

These big fat powerlifters need to be such because of the natural tendency of a to be able to displace more mass if you have more mass as well.. For example, its easier for a big 200 pound guy to be able to bench 200 pounds than for a 140 pound guy of the same height to bench 200 pounds... ganun lang yun

also i completely disagree in terms of using the weighing scale as a means of measuring progress. It depends kasi on how u gauge yer progess... for example me... I am at 205 pounds but it doesn't seem like it when i do my 12 rep full pull up and when i bench my weight... In fact i am losing inches in my waist but my weight stays the same... it does go down a bit but only if i switch over my training to weight loss. This is when i start to factor in diet and a certain amount of muscle catabolism.. If only mayaman tayo, the best way to really measure progress is Fat loss percentage and strength to mass ratio...