Build A Model Body!

• 3 weeks later...
ei guys i am a beginner in this sport, im ot tha fat i just want to have cuts any suggestions to fasten this???? and what type of food or dietary programs are usually effective in this???? thanks for the help.... :goatee:

here's where you can start...

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224

now please read through the link since it will answer a lot of your questions and will give you useful info...

if you expect na we'll spoonfeed you, look elsewhere...

good luck in your training :)

• 1 year later...

Mga masters. i have been going to the gym for 5 months already. Every other day lang. Tried the kamote diet and really is effective. Right now, i have added swimming as my cardio. My purpose at first for going to the gym is because i want to develop arm and leg endurance for swimming. I just want to ask if this is right and will it burn my tummy fats? around the lower back. Is swimming a good cardio?

Mga masters. i have been going to the gym for 5 months already. Every other day lang. Tried the kamote diet and really is effective. Right now, i have added swimming as my cardio. My purpose at first for going to the gym is because i want to develop arm and leg endurance for swimming. I just want to ask if this is right and will it burn my tummy fats? around the lower back. Is swimming a good cardio?

to lose the belly fat=linis kain

to develop leg and arm (and shoulder) endurance for swimming, you have to train properly... the typical split training is not a good ideal for that goal

ser olympus..im doing 5k run..mwf and after that i do boxing..limit my rice intake .. take protein at least 26g after workout..im targeting a lean body..with this regimen do you think i can see results in 3 weeks?..thanks sir..

Honestly, it seems you want instant results... it won't happen.

Sir Olympus,when you say "linis kain",kelangan din bang i-eliminate ang coffee? tsaka ok lang ba na breakfast ang 2 pcs saba,2 pcs hard boiled eggs,a bowl of instant oatmeal and a glass of skim milk? TIA sir.

Edited by ndn

mga bro pacheck naman kung tama yung program ko...

(Gym)

Mon: (Day 1)

Chest: Incline, Flat, Decline Bench Presses and Pec Dec

Back: Lat Pull Down, BB & DB Rows, and Deadlifts

Shoulders: Upright Row, Military Press, and Side, Front & Bent-over Lateral Raises

Tue: (Day 2)

Biceps: Hammer, Bicep Curl, and DB Concentration

Triceps: Kickback (something like that), Pushdown (not sure :lol:), and Dips

Legs: Full Squat, Hack Squat, Calf Raises, Leg Extension, and yung reverse ng Leg Extension ung nakaupo (di ko na alam yung tawag :lol:)

Wed: Rest Day

Thu: same as Day 1

Fri: same as Day 2

Sat & Sun: Super Rest Day :lol: stretching lang talaga

Mon-Fri: 30 mins jogging

ok lang ba yung ganito?

Hi!

Wala naman mali sa program mo. Based on my analysis, Day 1 is all upper body workout and yet all are big muscles. It is hard for the muscles to gain and define if you overwork those muscles. Day 2 Arms, from day 1 may mga arms ka na. Dapat nakarest na lang.

If I'm going to reconstruct your program it will go like this:

Day 1: Legs and Shoulders (1st set: 10 RM, 2nd set at 8 RM and 3 set 6 RM) at 30 secs - 1 min Rest Interval

Legs: Half Squat, Lunges, Leg Curl, Leg Press, Calf Raise

Shoulders: Military Press, DB shoulder Press, DB Lateral Raise, DB Front Raise, Shrugs

Day 2: Chest and Biceps (1st set: 10 RM, 2nd set at 8 RM and 3 set 6 RM) at 30 secs - 1 min Rest Interval

Chest: Inclined BB Press, Bench Press, Inclined DB Press, DB Pullover, Cable Crossover

Biceps: BB Biceps Curl, DB Biceps Curl, DB Hammer Curl, DB Concentration Curl

Day 3: Back and Triceps (1st set: 10 RM, 2nd set at 8 RM and 3 set 6 RM) at 30 secs - 1 min Rest Interval

Back: BB Bent Row, DB Bent Row, Cable Rows, Lat Pulldown, Pull-ups

Triceps: BB Close-Grip Bench Press, DB Triceps Extension, Cable Triceps Pushdown, Cable Triceps French, Bench Dips

Weekly Programming:

MTW -- ThFS Sunday-Rest

MTW Rest FSS

RM = Repetition Max

Abs: After each Program. Leg Raise, Leg Tuck, Leg Thrust, Oblique Crunches and so on...

(Gym)

Shoulders: Upright Row, Military Press, and Side, Front & Bent-over Lateral Raises

Legs: Full Squat, Hack Squat, Calf Raises, Leg Extension, and yung reverse ng Leg Extension ung nakaupo (di ko na alam yung tawag :lol:)

ok lang ba yung ganito?

Ok lang yan if

1. you are a competitive bodybuilder who is on steroids and has elite genetics

2. you can properly recover for that

but for the average Juan dela cruz, you're doing way too much..

my recommendations

1. Focus on the basics ( squat deadlift, military press, bench, rows pullups)

2. focus on progressing

3. quality over quantity

BTW, ano ba goal mo???

(Gym)

ok lang ba yung ganito?

Hi!

Let me just explain your queries:

1. Develop arm and leg endurance for swimming:

Movement Mechanics of Swimming involves your Triceps, Biceps, Shoulder, Chest (breast stroke), and Back Muscles for all. You must have those exercises on your program for muscular endurance it means more repetitions (10-15 reps).

Movement Mechanics for Legs (swimming) are your Hip Flexors, Hip extensors. If you can find a hip machine in your gym it will be a good training or just do more squats.

Gym program (weight training) will help your performance in your swimming training or competition. This is what you called physical conditioning. you are conditioning your body for swimming. This is what Coach Ariza does to Manny Pacquiao he is in charge of his physical condition and making sure that he is at his shape when he's going to fight.

2.Burn Tummy Fats:

First there is no spot reduction. If you lose fats it will be proportion losing it. For my experiences just eat the food that is low in sugar content and low glycemic index (GI) type of carb such as Kamote. Just be patient on what you are doing. Stop drinking juices because they are more of sugar content such as fructose which cannot be used by your body immediately.

3. Swimming as Cardio

Yes it is a good cardio. Your body needs varieties of cardio activities.

just as i thought i'm overdoing things again :lol:

goals ko:

1. body like that of rain or marc nelson (ayaw ko ng masyadong bulky kasi i'm not that tall naman)

2. well endurance and stamina na din

3. definition

eto ung target ko sana

@lance: so that means i'll working out for 6 days? ayun ung pagkakaintindi ko sa MTW---ThFS eh

@olympus: omg i'm not into competitive body building, and nakakarecover naman ako sa program na nagawa ko though feeling ko parang may mali lang talaga sa arrangements eh... and i'm not into steroids :lol:

thanks po sa mga insights

Edited by rick027

Yes. If you want 3 day split routine. You can also do 2 day spit routine just merge 1 of the routines to the other. That would be good. But with me I workout everyday except sunday.

Condition your muscles first. Just try it for yourself so you can feel the difference with the other program. 3 to 4 exercises for each muscle makes your muscle more mature like rain or marc nelson and it will get bigger if you supplement it with protein. just eat right. I am a Pescetarian person, I eat fish and vegetables no rice at all. I get my carbs and protein through vegetables. My strength is competitively stronger than with my bodybuilding diet (more eggwhite. kamote and more meat) before. The only difference with my diet is that I can think clearly and my brain would respond quickly compared before. The last thing with that kind of diet it will not fit as a lifestyle. Unlike what I'm doing now, I am happy and its over a year now that I am with my diet and to be considered as healthy lifestyle with great body and look younger. :)

just as i thought i'm overdoing things again :lol:

goals ko:

1. body like that of rain or marc nelson (ayaw ko ng masyadong bulky kasi i'm not that tall naman)

2. well endurance and stamina na din

3. definition

eto ung target ko sana

@lance: so that means i'll working out for 6 days? ayun ung pagkakaintindi ko sa MTW---ThFS eh

@olympus: omg i'm not into competitive body building, and nakakarecover naman ako sa program na nagawa ko though feeling ko parang may mali lang talaga sa arrangements eh... and i'm not into steroids :lol:

thanks po sa mga insights

Movement Mechanics of Swimming involves your Triceps, Biceps, Shoulder, Chest (breast stroke), and Back Muscles for all. You must have those exercises on your program for muscular endurance it means more repetitions (10-15 reps).

uhh so you mean you can't develop muscular endurance with lower reps??? surprisingly, when I was in my best condition, I got that condition with lower reps, so did the people I train...

Movement Mechanics for Legs (swimming) are your Hip Flexors, Hip extensors. If you can find a hip machine in your gym it will be a good training or just do more squats.

Just do more squats instead... assuming the form is correct

2.Burn Tummy Fats:

First there is no spot reduction. If you lose fats it will be proportion losing it. For my experiences just eat the food that is low in sugar content and low glycemic index (GI) type of carb such as Kamote. Just be patient on what you are doing. Stop drinking juices because they are more of sugar content such as fructose which cannot be used by your body immediately.

you forgot to mention to also watch the "ulam" particularly those that are processed...

@olympus: omg i'm not into competitive body building, and nakakarecover naman ako sa program na nagawa ko though feeling ko parang may mali lang talaga sa arrangements eh... and i'm not into steroids

neither am I. Just something to consider, take any regular fitness mag and a "hardcore" bodybuilding mag... you'll get the same routines.. just different models...

If you just focus on the basic lifts and eat healthier and cleaner, you will get good results

@ Olympus: Yes you can also develop msucular endurance with lower reps however your main target with lower reps is the Muscular Strength. Muscular Strength and Muscular are two different component of fitness. So it means you have to develop a program on what is really appropriate for the activity.

uhh so you mean you can't develop muscular endurance with lower reps??? surprisingly, when I was in my best condition, I got that condition with lower reps, so did the people I train...

Just do more squats instead... assuming the form is correct

you forgot to mention to also watch the "ulam" particularly those that are processed...

neither am I. Just something to consider, take any regular fitness mag and a "hardcore" bodybuilding mag... you'll get the same routines.. just different models...

If you just focus on the basic lifts and eat healthier and cleaner, you will get good results

@ Olympus: Yes you can also develop msucular endurance with lower reps however your main target with lower reps is the Muscular Strength. Muscular Strength and Muscular are two different component of fitness. So it means you have to develop a program on what is really appropriate for the activity.

Which is my point... there are programs that are designed that can increase your strength but boost your work capacity...

question lang, napansin ko kasi sa mga programs na nakikita ko parang hindi na kasama yung decline bench sa routine nila instead ang nakikita ko eh yung pull over. Ok lang ba na i-disregard ko na ung decline Bench and replaced it with Pullovers na lang? tsaka can someone explain to me kung ano2 ung mga muscles na tinatamaan ng each exercise?

@ rick

Decline Bench as they said primarily function is the chest exercise. Some bodybuilders claimed that it hits the lower part of the chest. Personally I don't do decline bench, my alternative for that is Cable Crossover and Dips. On the other hand, Pullover as for my analysis is mainly chest and serratus anterior muscles (ribcage muscles) and abdominals and other synergists muscles are tricceps and shoulders. Pullover is a good exercise for chest and the ribcage muscles.

question lang, napansin ko kasi sa mga programs na nakikita ko parang hindi na kasama yung decline bench sa routine nila instead ang nakikita ko eh yung pull over. Ok lang ba na i-disregard ko na ung decline Bench and replaced it with Pullovers na lang? tsaka can someone explain to me kung ano2 ung mga muscles na tinatamaan ng each exercise?

You cannot isolate certain areas of the chest muscle. What you have bee told is broscience.. I personally like dip.. I do pullovers every now and then. Pullovers work the serratus anterior, your lat muscles, chest and even your shoulders.

so in other words it's ok that i'll stop doing the decline bench instead do cable cross overs and dips? i'm just curious and wondering about the effect of the decline so i asked and even look for alternatives for the lower areas of the chest though i know that isolation is a myth or so sir olympus said in the other threads :lol: anyways thanks for answering my questions :)

Edited by rick027

@rick:

There is nothing wrong with decline bench. For me its my personal preference that I don't do Decline Bench for some reasons. If you have the correct form of doing it then go. If you are not comfortable of doing then look for alternative such as Pullovers, Crossover, Dips and etc...

so in other words it's ok that i'll stop doing the decline bench instead do cable cross overs and dips? i'm just curious and wondering about the effect of the decline so i asked and even look for alternatives for the lower areas of the chest though i know that isolation is a myth or so sir olympus said in the other threads :lol: anyways thanks for answering my questions :)