Build A Model Body!

Will this increase my metabolism? My usual workout is cardio 1st before weights... So if I change my routine, will I loose weight?

Yes it will raise your metabolism. If you do interval training, you'll raise your metabolism by up to 50% for the whole day. You will lose weight if you burn more calorie than that which you consume.

guys, quick question lang, id started goin to the gym, mga 4 days, my question is advisable ba yung after ng gym o workout eh magshower or sauna or jacuzzi? nagshower kasi ako then paglabas ko inaantok na ako eh and nagluluha mata ko. beginner lang naman ako so hindi pa ako yung tipong nagbubuhat na agad.

Is there such truth in "PASMA"? Sabi nila di raw totoo yun, wala nga daw yung equivalent sa english dictionary... But I know someone who warned me of such thing because he experienced it first hand ... And it aint pretty, he assured me.

IMHO, i dont believe in pasma.

i have a friend who "religiously" believe in pasma that, for example, when we played basketball in the afternoon, he goes to shower the next morning... however filthy he gets. i do the opposite.. right after we played basketball, i take a bath. and yet, he's more "pasmado" (hands shaking) than me. :)

Probably an old wives tale or another kwentong barbero... I dont believe in pasma either, but maybe there are some exceptions... like, if it hits you, maybe its your lucky day, heheheh!

Ganito ang kwento nun (and its not even about the shaky hands or sweaty palms that most people called "pasma")... Galing daw siya sa gym, then umuwi sya para maligo dahil may pupuntahan sya later that night. Then, umuwi sya ng gabi para matulog and nagising na lang sya na hindi na nya maigalaw ang buo nyang katawan, yung buong muscles daw sa katawan nya ay naninigas at parang kinukurot... Wala naman daw syang ginawa prior to that except yung naligo sya after going to the gym... Nung nasa ospital na sya, ang sabi ng doctor: TRAUMATIC ARTHRITIS... of course, maybe the doctor is right, but we cannot take away the fact that that doctor does not believe in "pasma" either, that's why he readily dismissed it as an arthritis...

Ako mismo ay pasmado rin daw dahil pinagpapawisan ang kamay ko (and my line of work utilizes the use of both hands most of the time, and lagi ko binabasa whenever I got the chance), pero its not enough reason for me to believe that "pasma" is true... But come to think of it, maybe its enough reason to believe that it is true, heheheh!

wow...looks like there are a lot of experts here ah.

anyway,I really need help. Wanna have a toned body na...i've been carrying extra flabs for a while now.

Currently I'm a member in an expensive gym but I plan to quit after november...

hanap ako ng mas mura...

I'm interested sa eclipse...mr. olympus or any1 for that matter,please pm me for details...

Edited by TidusJanus
wow...looks like there are a lot of experts here ah.

anyway,I really need help. Wanna have a toned body na...i've been carrying extra flabs for a while now.

Currently I'm a member in an expensive gym but I plan to quit after november...

hanap ako ng mas mura...

I'm interested sa eclipse...mr. olympus or any1 for that matter,please pm me for details...

Their program: http://www.eclipsegym.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=57

Their rates: http://www.eclipsegym.com/forums/viewtopic...=80&start=0

Edited by jaymz

so all of those are for one year? I mean, what if I only want to be there for 3 months?

let's say I want to go there for 3 months during early morning,how much would they charge me or is that possible???

having a hard time understanding this morning...please enlighten me.

It gives me great pleasure to invite you to the next edition of

a sports education series – “SportsAid – Keen Eye for the Sports Guy”.

This will be at The Club Filipino on November 18, 2006 from 8 a.m. to 5

p.m. This will be on a Saturday (Don’t worry; the Pacquiao-Morales fight

will be the next day).

There is an impressive lineup of speakers – sports doctors, fitness

experts, sports personalities and celebrities. Topics to be covered

include “Myths about the Female Athlete” (Tina Juan), “Conditioning for

the Treatment and Prevention of Sports Injuries” (Bunny Valdez and Jimbo

Saret), “Core Training and Low Back Pain” (Jun Rafanan and Tikoy Santiago)

and “Sporty at 80” (Tony Oposa). We’ll also have a panel composed of

health enthusiasts (Pia Cayetano, Tricia Chiongbian, Weena Lim, Chris Tiu,

Dale Abenojar, Justin Junio, Yolly Ong and Nandy Villar) to discuss “Time

Management Strategies for Better Fitness”.

In the afternoon, we will have breakout sessions. Session A will be on

sports nutrition to be handled by two noted nutritionists (Sanirose Orbeta

– “Nutrition for Endurance Events” – and Virgith Buena – “Nutrition for

Explosive Events”) and Session B will be on “Advanced Badminton

Strategies” (Nelson Asuncion).

As with our previous sports fora, this event is ABSOLUTELY FREE (including

lunch and snacks)! Pre-registration is required especially for the

breakout sessions. We will be able to accommodate 500 participants for

the plenary session and 150 each for the breakout sessions. Kindly call

************** and look for Beverly, Claire or Jona. You

may also text ********************– text SPORTS FORUM, name/s,

contact numbers (landline only) and choice of breakout session (A or B).

Registration period ends on November 15 and the slots are limited so

please call now.

:thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by christina
so all of those are for one year? I mean, what if I only want to be there for 3 months?

let's say I want to go there for 3 months during early morning,how much would they charge me or is that possible???

having a hard time understanding this morning...please enlighten me.

Why would you want to train for only 3 mos? its pointless

It gives me great pleasure to invite you to the next edition of

a sports education series – “SportsAid – Keen Eye for the Sports Guy”.

This will be at The Club Filipino on November 18, 2006 from 8 a.m. to 5

p.m. This will be on a Saturday (Don’t worry; the Pacquiao-Morales fight

will be the next day).

There is an impressive lineup of speakers – sports doctors, fitness

experts, sports personalities and celebrities. Topics to be covered

include “Myths about the Female Athlete” (Tina Juan), “Conditioning for

the Treatment and Prevention of Sports Injuries” (Bunny Valdez and Jimbo

Saret), “Core Training and Low Back Pain” (Jun Rafanan and Tikoy Santiago)

and “Sporty at 80” (Tony Oposa). We’ll also have a panel composed of

health enthusiasts (Pia Cayetano, Tricia Chiongbian, Weena Lim, Chris Tiu,

Dale Abenojar, Justin Junio, Yolly Ong and Nandy Villar) to discuss “Time

Management Strategies for Better Fitness”.

In the afternoon, we will have breakout sessions. Session A will be on

sports nutrition to be handled by two noted nutritionists (Sanirose Orbeta

– “Nutrition for Endurance Events” – and Virgith Buena – “Nutrition for

Explosive Events”) and Session B will be on “Advanced Badminton

Strategies” (Nelson Asuncion).

As with our previous sports fora, this event is ABSOLUTELY FREE (including

lunch and snacks)! Pre-registration is required especially for the

breakout sessions. We will be able to accommodate 500 participants for

the plenary session and 150 each for the breakout sessions. Kindly call

************************and look for Beverly, Claire or Jona. You

may also *********************** – text SPORTS FORUM, name/s,

contact numbers (landline only) and choice of breakout session (A or B).

Registration period ends on November 15 and the slots are limited so

please call now.

:thumbsupsmiley:

No offense...but this is the "model body" thread....why is this posted here?

Edited by christina
Why would you want to train for only 3 mos? its pointless

ok so I should be continuously training.

but I will be paying in monthly installments only right? aside from the monthly charges,what else do I have to pay for?

(sorry,OT na to dito...)

anyway to be OT, I've been running the treads for 40mins everytime I go to the gym...now I read that cardio is not the right way to lose fat and keep them away for good...so what is? I would want to specifically get rid of my belly fats and the fats on my back...

ok so I should be continuously training.

but I will be paying in monthly installments only right? aside from the monthly charges,what else do I have to pay for?

(sorry,OT na to dito...)

anyway to be OT, I've been running the treads for 40mins everytime I go to the gym...now I read that cardio is not the right way to lose fat and keep them away for good...so what is? I would want to specifically get rid of my belly fats and the fats on my back...

Yes you should continually train. For eclipse membership, no membership fee, just a one month deposit and one month advance.

The best way to lose fat is to do strength training. for cardio, here's a link to how you shuld properly do cardio:

http://www.eclipsegym.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=70

You cannot spot reduce, you have to lose fat all over the body. If spot reduction was true, chewing gum would give you a skinny face

Yes you should continually train. For eclipse membership, no membership fee, just a one month deposit and one month advance.

The best way to lose fat is to do strength training. for cardio, here's a link to how you shuld properly do cardio:

http://www.eclipsegym.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=70

You cannot spot reduce, you have to lose fat all over the body. If spot reduction was true, chewing gum would give you a skinny face

Can you do 4 Horsemen during the 5x5 off days? Or will cardio exercise just well and truly wreck the rest day, and I'd end up overtraining?

No offense...but this is the "model body" thread....why is this posted here?

No offense taken! I just thought that body builders are also sports enthusiasts - the process of body building being a sport in its own right - and thus some of you guys may be interested in this forum whose target audience is the sports enthusiast. Some of the topics in the forum are also relevant to the body builder - conditioning to prevent and treat sports injuries, core training, and sports nurtrition, in particular.

No offense taken! I just thought that body builders are also sports enthusiasts - the process of body building being a sport in its own right - and thus some of you guys may be interested in this forum whose target audience is the sports enthusiast. Some of the topics in the forum are also relevant to the body builder - conditioning to prevent and treat sports injuries, core training, and sports nurtrition, in particular.

Actually I think that actually one individual on this thread considers himself to be a bodybuilder, with the rest are hardcore athletes in strength, basketball, model training, etc. In other words guys who lift free weights, minimize or eliminiate traditional "cardio" exercise.

Will you be covering topics such as Olympic Lifting vs. Plyometrics?

Why injuries in group exercise, running, and badminton, etc are reaching near epidemic proportions and what the industry as a whole, can do about it?

Anaerobic training vs. Aerobic training in creating "world-class" athletes?

Conditioning for the ranges of energy systems?

Will "core training" involve actual training of the core such as squats, overhead press, pullups, etc or involve trendy "Nike", "Reebok", or stability ball/board trends?

In other words, if this discussion is for intermediate to advanced athletes and just not weekend warriors, then we'll gladly attend.

Can you do 4 Horsemen during the 5x5 off days? Or will cardio exercise just well and truly wreck the rest day, and I'd end up overtraining?

We do it right after. My suggestion is you start of with Tabata intervals first since 4 horsemen is an advaned interval routine and many guys who survive Tabata here barely made it after the 2nd round

Actually I think that actually one individual on this thread considers himself to be a bodybuilder, with the rest are hardcore athletes in strength, basketball, model training, etc. In other words guys who lift free weights, minimize or eliminiate traditional "cardio" exercise.

Will you be covering topics such as Olympic Lifting vs. Plyometrics?

Why injuries in group exercise, running, and badminton, etc are reaching near epidemic proportions and what the industry as a whole, can do about it?

Anaerobic training vs. Aerobic training in creating "world-class" athletes?

Conditioning for the ranges of energy systems?

Will "core training" involve actual training of the core such as squats, overhead press, pullups, etc or involve trendy "Nike", "Reebok", or stability ball/board trends?

In other words, if this discussion is for intermediate to advanced athletes and just not weekend warriors, then we'll gladly attend.

I'm sorry, I can't give you direct answers to your questions because I am not an actual part of this seminar. It was conceptualized by the staff of the Sports Clinic of the Philippine General Hospital. I think the target audience is anywhere from the weekend warriors to the intermediate athlete, though I know several advanced athletes do attend because some of the topics are relevant to them. As far as I know it doesn't have any of the major sporting goods brands as major sponsors so I don't think they will be promoting any system by any particular brand. Besides, the PGH sports clinic does not have any system designed by Nike or Reebok or stability ball/board trends - though these may be taken up in addition, for completeness, though not necessarily in depth. Actual weight lifting will not be a major topic from what I've seen from the topics to be covered but it will come up in several topics. The topic of conditioning and injuries will answer some of your questions regarding sports injuries and conditioning from the ranges of energy systems. It is a free seminar - no money out! With free food for the 1st 500 registrants!

Oly,

how's the 4 horsemen done?

tried to research the net but cant seem to find the explanation im looking for. :)

I'll use our favorite circuit in Eclipse which we call "4 horsemen"

20 lateral jumps

10 bodyweight squats

20 lateral jumps

10 dumbbell thrusters

20 lateral jumps

10 pushups

20 lateral jumps

10 db swings

That's one interval. rest 90 seconds and do a total of 3 intrvals. As your fitness level improves, you can either increase the weight used or decrease rest time

For one of my athletes who is amartial artist, I made him do 10 burpees or sprwals in place of the 20 lateral jumps

I'm sorry, I can't give you direct answers to your questions because I am not an actual part of this seminar. It was conceptualized by the staff of the Sports Clinic of the Philippine General Hospital. I think the target audience is anywhere from the weekend warriors to the intermediate athlete, though I know several advanced athletes do attend because some of the topics are relevant to them. As far as I know it doesn't have any of the major sporting goods brands as major sponsors so I don't think they will be promoting any system by any particular brand. Besides, the PGH sports clinic does not have any system designed by Nike or Reebok or stability ball/board trends - though these may be taken up in addition, for completeness, though not necessarily in depth. Actual weight lifting will not be a major topic from what I've seen from the topics to be covered but it will come up in several topics. The topic of conditioning and injuries will answer some of your questions regarding sports injuries and conditioning from the ranges of energy systems. It is a free seminar - no money out! With free food for the 1st 500 registrants!

Cool...thanks :)