The Nissan Owners Thread

i believe it can be posible, AFAIK merong mga xtrail na merong sr20de blacktop neovvl

it's possible for engine swap, pero how about keeping the stock A/T of the xtrail? since the ratios and final drive was designed for the car..and keeping the throttle cable free using it's electric throttle control or ect..?

But of course, it's easier to have the transmission changed and ect narin would be better and masresponsive..

masaya sana palit ng SR20VET sa Xtrail.. para Xtrail GT nadin ang labas..

Edited by madz_raymund
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
already have the sr20vet engine, hood and miscellaneous stuff. just waiting for the car loan of my xty to expire so that i can do the transplant. :D

ive been driving with my 2000 sta sentra. so far the aircon is so cool that i might run out of words to describe its efficiency. as for the engine so far (knock on wood) wala ako naging problem. of course sa dami ng electronis features nya, yun palang ang nagkadiperensya, like the power lock, and power window of the 2 front seats. asides from that wala na. ang hatak is so-so, what do you expect from that baby, eh ang bigat ng kaha kc daming features. dont 4get na may moon roof payan. after 8 yrs of partnetship with this baby, i plan to sell it and change for the all-dressed up na nissan sentra gs parin. at 835t less 75t, i think its the most reasonably priced 1.6 car in the market today. with leather seat, leather interior siding, fog lamp, back up sensor, duck tail, shide skirt, 15" mags, front chin spoiler, rear skirt, LED side mirror, grabe ano pa ba ang gusto mo? add all those features in a toyota altis, and the price might cause you to fall down from your seat. as far as the resale value is concerned, i think there will be a big disparity if you will sell it after lets say 3-4 yrs after. but if you'd be disposing it after 7-8 yrs . very negligible na ang difference. so considering the price right now of the altis vs the price of that gs, the difference will be somewhere around 200t more for the altis. but the resale value of the altis will only be +/- 50t more after 7-8 yrs. just my opinion though, you might want to figure it out and do some calculating yourself.

one more thing, about the durability of the parts? sabi nila bulok daw nissan? we have a 2003 camry, the power window at the drivers rear side, grabe wala ngang gumagamit dun kc my parents alwalys sits at the other side db. wow, when they tried to let down the window once, sira na!!! talk about quality. pare, sa tingin ko to each his own lang ata ang mga car problems. :)

it's possible for engine swap, pero how about keeping the stock A/T of the xtrail? since the ratios and final drive was designed for the car..and keeping the throttle cable free using it's electric throttle control or ect..?

But of course, it's easier to have the transmission changed and ect narin would be better and masresponsive..

masaya sana palit ng SR20VET sa Xtrail.. para Xtrail GT nadin ang labas..

the 2009 xtrail will come with a stock sr20vet... AFAIK keeping the xtrails matic tranny will work considering that the sr20ve engine comes stock with a matic tranny...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im a nissan fanatic kahit ano pa sabihin nila. I have not experienced any problem with my cars.

Way back 1989 I bought my first nissan..... nissan bida auv.... practical for my business then. I had it for 6 years then sold it. Its still running today.

1995 i think, I bought Sentra Super Saloon ECCS.... all powered for the price of an entry level toyota. Again no problem. Had it for 4 years and sold it. Ok naman resale price ko. Gone in 3 days after advertising it.

1999, I bought Sentra again ung bilogan, ung all power ulit. Ang bilis at ang ganda ng handling. Sold it after 4 years.

2001, I bought another Sentra the STA SS. Ganda ng interior! Sun roof. Kaya lang parang mabigat ung kaha niya. Sold it after 2years.

2004, I bought my present car, Xtrail 2.0. Parang sedan ang handling. Bilis tumakbo. Medyo gasgasin lang ung interior (later models hindi na). No complaints.

I have maintained my casa, Nissan Valley then Nissan Gallery (Gallery bought Valley). Top notch service. They sometimes even pick my car up from my garage for service and bring it back after. Once, I even got a loaner kasi I had an emergency.

Now I have a problem. My Xtrail is due for replacement but Nissan doesnt have a new model I like and could afford. I like the Murano pero its not practical now. Ive driven the Livina. Ok sya but after having a mini-SUV parang ayaw ko na ng sedan like car.

So, I might be forced to switch brand this time. Thinking of CRV or Captiva. I still have not decided yet.

Edited by myfreeride
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...