His Airness Michael Jordan

revo20012000

got this from ESPN.com

Michael Jordan:

Teams: Chicago Bulls (1984-93, 1995-98), Washington Wizards (2001-03)

Titles: 6 (1991, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998)

Honors: 14-time All-Star, 5-time MVP (1988, 1991, 1992, 1996, 1998), 6-time Finals MVP, Rookie of the Year (1985), Defensive Player of the Year (1988)

The player: The standard by which all other players are measured.

Air Jordan was the most skilled, most athletic, toughest, meanest, most inspirational and most competitive of all the shooting guards who have ever played the game. He dominated both ends of the floor. He also was the biggest winner and perhaps the greatest clutch player in history.

The credentials -- and pictures -- speak for themselves: six championship rings, five MVP awards, six Finals MVP awards, one defensive POY award. And his career numbers were otherworldly, most notably 32,292 points (third all time) and a 30.1 points per game scoring average (first). Oh, and he averaged 20 points and six rebounds as a 40-year-old! Only his last two seasons in Washington kept him from shooting more than 50 percent for his career.

Jordan had no real weaknesses; he mastered every facet of the game. He dominated a big man's game and was the leader of the only dynasty in NBA history that did not feature a dominant center.

On top of all that, he helped make the NBA a global game. From his trademark tongue wag to his game-winning shot in the 1998 NBA Finals, MJ was the most electrifying player ever to step on a court.

The greatest player of all time.

Just wanna share a Jordan memorabilia that I can't think of posting anywhere else.. Its not a basketball card and definitely this does not belong in the fashion thread..

My mom gave me a surprise gift (for no apparent reason) a week ago.. She knew that I was really contemplating on buying the Jordan 23 Commemorative Nike Basketball that was recently released a week ago.. She knows how much I love basketball, Tim Duncan and Michael Jordan.. I really got surprised when she bought me that Jordan ball that she knows I've been salivating for.. Here are the pictures.. :blush:

FYI, this ball was made by Nike to coincide with the Jordan XXIII (shoe) release.. A limited leather ball numbered to just 2,323.. The ball is now in my istante together with my Basketball Cards.. :rolleyes: Php6K ang damage.. I was told that only 23 of these came in the Philippines.. :thumbsupsmiley:

post-75683-1205334158.jpg

post-75683-1205334234.jpg

post-75683-1205334396.jpg

post-75683-1205334742.jpg

post-75683-1205335216.jpg

Edited by revi

@wizard23: Thanks, bro.. Most of my collections are really about Tim Duncan.. Cards, Replica Jerseys, Magazine Covers and the like.. And I do collect NBA Cards.. Ofcourse, a collection of NBA Cards won't be complete if you do not have an autographed card of Michael Jordan.. That is how MJ makes one's collection glow, bro.. And its funny, coz it can be seen here that MJ does not only leave an impact on the hardcourt but also on a certain person's NBA collection.. hehehe..

@bluevodka: Thanks.. I think I've posted my shoes in the Basketball shoes thread a few months back.. I do like buying retro Jordans but sinusuot ko kasi kaya hindi sila deadstock.. I actually do not have the limited & numbered Jordan XXIII shoes.. FYI, that shoe is being sold in e-bay for Php100K++, now.. Lumabas yung shoe na yan dito sa atin, sa Nike - The Fort lang.. And they were only 23 pairs available.. Ubos na ngayon yan.. I know of some people who got the P15K shoes (original price) for Php40K coz hindi sila nakakuha dahil ni-raffle daw ang right to acquire the shoe.. This is the reason why I was so happy when my mom bought me the limited edition Basketball.. :thumbsupsmiley: Ganyan ka-grabe ang Jordan memorabilia.. :rolleyes:

This actually is a testament to Jordan's greatness.. I don't know of any basketball player that has this kind of impact in the game..

Here is my autographed card of Jordan (I already posted the picture of this in the NBA Rookie cards thread and on the Jordan cards thread, a year ago).. and some memorabilia cards.. :blush:

post-75683-1205391623.jpg

Edited by revi
Just wanna share a Jordan memorabilia that I can't think of posting anywhere else.. Its not a basketball card and definitely this does not belong in the fashion thread..

My mom gave me a surprise gift (for no apparent reason) a week ago.. She knew that I was really contemplating on buying the Jordan 23 Commemorative Nike Basketball that was recently released a week ago.. She knows how much I love basketball, Tim Duncan and Michael Jordan.. I really got surprised when she bought me that Jordan ball that she knows I've been salivating for.. Here are the pictures.. :blush:

FYI, this ball was made by Nike to coincide with the Jordan XXIII (shoe) release.. A limited leather ball numbered to just 2,323.. The ball is now in my istante together with my Basketball Cards.. :rolleyes: Php6K ang damage.. I was told that only 23 of these came in the Philippines.. :thumbsupsmiley:

you're one lucky creature, revi. :thumbsupsmiley:

you're one lucky creature, revi. :thumbsupsmiley:

Thanks, bro.. Kahit nagtatalo ang Spurs, I do feel lucky for having a mom like my mom (kahit madalas masungit).. haha.. Medyo OT, but I have to say this.. My mom is very supportive to all my hobbies.. From comics, to nba cards and even action figures.. Wag lang sobra-sobra daw.. My wife naman, walang ka-support-support.. haha..

FYI, Nike-Greenhills still has one more Jordan Bball available.. You may want to drop by their store.. Yun nga lang, hindi na mint yung box dahil ang pangit ng pagkabukas nung taped serial number sa box.. Sabi ko nga na dapat hindi sinira yung serial number ng box coz the box itself is already a collectible.. They should have used a cutter.. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Also, these limited balls (accdg to e-bay) are already sold-out internationally.. I've seen several ended transactions in e-bay this week.. The highest I saw had an ending price of $405.. Unopened nga lang.. Opened boxes usually sell at $190 to $240.. A week ago, nasa $160 lang ngayon ang taas bigla ng bentahan.. :rolleyes:

The Jordan Brand is really giving collectors what they want!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

No one can ever match the tenacity, determination, competitiveness, talent, and heart of this person. The best player ever.

We've heard this line in wrestling & when it comes to basketball...

Jordan = Best there is, was , there ever will be....

I miss seeing those cool coke & nike commercials when I was still a kid.

MJ getting the coca cola from the tree & stuff.... priceless memories...

I still have my +-20 year old shirt with the face of Jordan with the caption of "10 seconds till.... showtime"

@wizard23: Thanks, bro.. Most of my collections are really about Tim Duncan.. Cards, Replica Jerseys, Magazine Covers and the like.. And I do collect NBA Cards.. Ofcourse, a collection of NBA Cards won't be complete if you do not have an autographed card of Michael Jordan.. That is how MJ makes one's collection glow, bro.. And its funny, coz it can be seen here that MJ does not only leave an impact on the hardcourt but also on a certain person's NBA collection.. hehehe..

@bluevodka: Thanks.. I think I've posted my shoes in the Basketball shoes thread a few months back.. I do like buying retro Jordans but sinusuot ko kasi kaya hindi sila deadstock.. I actually do not have the limited & numbered Jordan XXIII shoes.. FYI, that shoe is being sold in e-bay for Php100K++, now.. Lumabas yung shoe na yan dito sa atin, sa Nike - The Fort lang.. And they were only 23 pairs available.. Ubos na ngayon yan.. I know of some people who got the P15K shoes (original price) for Php40K coz hindi sila nakakuha dahil ni-raffle daw ang right to acquire the shoe.. This is the reason why I was so happy when my mom bought me the limited edition Basketball.. :thumbsupsmiley: Ganyan ka-grabe ang Jordan memorabilia.. :rolleyes:

This actually is a testament to Jordan's greatness.. I don't know of any basketball player that has this kind of impact in the game..

Here is my autographed card of Jordan (I already posted the picture of this in the NBA Rookie cards thread and on the Jordan cards thread, a year ago).. and some memorabilia cards.. :blush:

amf nabaliw ako dun sa SIGNED CARD ni MJ ah, sumakit ulo ko. awww

uyy thanks sige tignan ko yung basketball sa GHills, sana naman maabutan ko pa yun. how much ba sir?

ayun 6k ang damage pero its worth it.

Edited by bluevodka
nice collections revi,

at least pag nagipit ka, may mabebenta kang mahal...JOKE LANG pre!!

:)

hahaha.. Thanks, rafer.. :D

amf nabaliw ako dun sa SIGNED CARD ni MJ ah, sumakit ulo ko. awww

uyy thanks sige tignan ko yung basketball sa GHills, sana naman maabutan ko pa yun. how much ba sir?

ayun 6k ang damage pero its worth it.

Thanks again, bro..

Yep, its 6K.. Tell the manager (Ervin) that I told you about it.. Kilala ako nun as REVI.. The ball is really worth it.. Magandang display piece.. :)

• 1 month later...

no doubt he is one, if not the greatest nba player of all time...

on his last year in the NBA, he made the last shot for the east in the fourth quarter of the all star game. they've almost won the match if not for the last second foul called in favor of bryant. if the east won that match, jordan would've been the all star mvp..