Filipino Or English

I wanted to created a new topic called

"Secular schools in the Philippines"

Where people could recommend good secular schools to one another. However I did not have priviledge to create a new topic. :-(

Anyway:

I have a question about schools in the Philippines.

The oldest son of my sister in law will start high school this year.

They are planing to have him start in the High School department of Angeles University Foundation AUF.

They are asking if we will support them with the fees etc. I am in principle OK with that. I would actually really like to support that everyone in my family get good education.

But I just now discover that AUF is a Christian brain washing camp.

http://www.auf.edu.ph/modules.php?name=New...cle&sid=122

They write:

"The move was essential in strengthening basic education, particularly in the fields of Mathematics, Science and Computer with Christian Formation as the core. "

and

"

The AUF Integrated School envisions to emerge as a center of excellence in Science, Mathematics and Computer Education in Central Luzon with Christian Formation as the core of the curriculum.

"

This is absurde. It's impossible to have science with Christian formation as its core!

"

They will:

NURTURE the ideals of genuine Christian values and traditional Filipino virtues;

"

As an atheist I DO NOT want to nurture Christian/religious values. I really want to support my family's education, but it have to be secular schools.

But I am just wondering if there is any good secular high schools in Angeles or near Angeles?

Or in the Philippines.

My guess is that most atheist will have a hard time finding appropriate schooling for their children.

So what secular or atheist preschools/schools/High Schools/Colleges/Vocational training to recommend and promote?

- Anders

• 2 weeks later...
I wanted to created a new topic called

"Secular schools in the Philippines"

Where people could recommend good secular schools to one another. However I did not have priviledge to create a new topic. :-(

Anyway:

I have a question about schools in the Philippines.

The oldest son of my sister in law will start high school this year.

They are planing to have him start in the High School department of Angeles University Foundation AUF.

They are asking if we will support them with the fees etc. I am in principle OK with that. I would actually really like to support that everyone in my family get good education.

But I just now discover that AUF is a Christian brain washing camp.

http://www.auf.edu.ph/modules.php?name=New...cle&sid=122

They write:

"The move was essential in strengthening basic education, particularly in the fields of Mathematics, Science and Computer with Christian Formation as the core. "

and

"

The AUF Integrated School envisions to emerge as a center of excellence in Science, Mathematics and Computer Education in Central Luzon with Christian Formation as the core of the curriculum.

"

This is absurde. It's impossible to have science with Christian formation as its core!

"

They will:

NURTURE the ideals of genuine Christian values and traditional Filipino virtues;

"

As an atheist I DO NOT want to nurture Christian/religious values. I really want to support my family's education, but it have to be secular schools.

But I am just wondering if there is any good secular high schools in Angeles or near Angeles?

Or in the Philippines.

My guess is that most atheist will have a hard time finding appropriate schooling for their children.

So what secular or atheist preschools/schools/High Schools/Colleges/Vocational training to recommend and promote?

- Anders

Try Philippine science high- a melting pot of students from all over the country with differing beliefs/religion.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...