Filipino Or English

I used to write short stories in formal Filipino. I always get 1.0 in class for that. However, the only published short story I wrote was in English (got paid a whopping 300 Php for it, big incentive to find another means of livelihood... hehehehe). Most boring writing job I got (English) was for a newsletter published by the UN. It didn't matter that I was getting paid dollar-rate... I hated that job.

But for fun, I write in the vernacular. Taglish. Parang eraserheads. I write the way I talk. I don't even give a f#&k about syntax... at least on the first draft... it's more creative for me.

English

Filipino is NON -EXISTENT when it comes to international level

Alam mo ba kung ilan ang Pilipino nagtratrabaho at naninirahan sa ibang bansa?

Where is your nationalism in terms of declaring that the Filipino language does not exist in the international scene? There is nothing wrong in being better in English but to tell the people in this forum that the Filipino language does not exist or irrelevant?

Do you hear the Prime Minister of China, Japan and the president of Russia and France speaking in English when making their speeches or comments whether it be in the international scene or domestic?

Edited by capo

Where is your nationalism in terms of declaring that the Filipino language does not exist in the international scene? There is nothing wrong in being better in English but to tell the people in this forum that the Filipino language does not exist or irrelevant?

Do you hear the Prime Minister of China, Japan and the president of Russia and France speaking in English when making their speeches or comments whether it be in the international scene or domestic?

Hunos-dili lang katoto. :upside:

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe what the poster meant is that "Filipino" is not recognized internationally. To them, Tagalog is the base language. I mean, browse through the internet. The foreign-based language sites say Tagalog, not Filipino.

As for me, it's just a matter of syntax. Po-tay-to... po-tah-to. Same banana to me.

-----

I also agree in one post here that Visayans (that includes the scope of Cebuanos and Ilonggos) speak better English in general. :D

kung english pag-uusapan

better ako when it comes to written communication

bad ako when it comes to oral communication, medyo mahina at delay magconstruct ng sentence

magaling ako sa filipino, sa pananalita man o sa pagsusulat

minsan nga lang bulol!

Edited by reimond
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...