The Lacoste Club

Batabatuta™

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Knowing the original ones from the fake ones may required more than looking at the embroidered logo or the patented buttons. I know for a fact that the original ones use a different type of stitch on the collars connecting the main shirts - which is hard to see from a person without the person getting insulted or weird on ones request

• 2 weeks later...

Knowing the original ones from the fake ones may required more than looking at the embroidered logo or the patented buttons. I know for a fact that the original ones use a different type of stitch on the collars connecting the main shirts - which is hard to see from a person without the person getting insulted or weird on ones request

And i think the fabric of the fake ones is much inferior. Might not be evident at first, but after one or two washings, the feel/texture sort of changes.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

True, but I noticed their fabric has changed for the worse these couple of years.

maybe the manufacturing of the shirts have been outsourced to countries like china, Bangladesh, Jamaica etc. which gives credibility to the story circulating in exclusive schools that if you want to know if a lacoste shirt of a person is authentic you need to ask to see the receipt.

madami na talaga magandang immitations sa tabi tabi pag magaling ka mag hanap. there is even a fb page thatsays lacoste overruns for sale delivered to you.

maybe the manufacturing of the shirts have been outsourced to countries like china, Bangladesh, Jamaica etc. which gives credibility to the story circulating in exclusive schools that if you want to know if a lacoste shirt of a person is authentic you need to ask to see the receipt.

madami na talaga magandang immitations sa tabi tabi pag magaling ka mag hanap. there is even a fb page thatsays lacoste overruns for sale delivered to you.

I think the ones sold at local boutiques are made in china. The one I have bought in the states are made in various south american countries.

I've seen someone wear the ones sold from the so called overruns. The fit is lousy and uneven. I was shown the tags and all had the same generic tag with the same design name and color in their tags.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So passe.

The go-to shirts of provincials and the newly rich. Made in China but priced like it was made in France. What a ripoff.

The best shirt I had was a Lacoste I bought in a garage sale for 200 bucks. Old one. But made in France.

Somehow true but not always. Many of my friends buy lacoste because we are familiar with their sizing and conservative designs just like the same manner our dads wore montagut shirts in the 60s-90s before it was made in china.