The Lacoste Club

Batabatuta™

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

The first and most obvious sign that you have a fake Lacoste polo on your hands is the placement of the croc itself. On a real shirt, you will find the croc positioned between the bottom button and the placket of the shirt. Most fake shirts place the croc even with the placket. If you have a shirt with the croc lined up with the placket, you have a fake- there are no exceptions to this rule! If the seller is including real pictures with their auction, this is easy to spot BEFORE you bid- so keep it in mind. As far as the croc itself, it should be well defined, with sharp teeth and distinct feet. It should NOT be bloated or distended in any way, shape or form.

Lacoste polos come with mother of pearl buttons- these are organic- meaning they're harvested from living things- meaning you CANNOT have two identical buttons. Ever. If your polo has two white buttons that are plastic, you have a fake Lacoste. If your buttons are identical, you have a fake Lacoste. The colour of the buttons will vary depending on the shirt colour- some come in white, some in the colour of the shirt, etc.- but the one constant is that they are NOT plastic buttons. The buttons also should not have ANYTHING on them- no logo, no text, no nothing. Another thing I noticed with all three of my fakes relative to a real shirt were the button openings- the real shirt has defined horizontal slits- the fake shirts looked like someone had used a hole puncher to open them up. Don't be swayed by declarations of poly bags and authentic tags. Anyone with a printer and a manufacturing facility to make fakes can make these.

Look at the tag inside the collar of the shirt. It should be white, with LACOSTE at the bottom, the croc above, and the size, in NUMBERS, in the upper left corner. If your shirt has letter sizing, you have a fake. If your shirtLook closer. The croc should have TWO distinct eyes- the fakes only have one eye. An authentic Lacoste shirt will have a Devanlay tag on the inside of the shirt in the torso area- it can be on EITHER side, depending on where you bought your shirt and where it was made. Not ALL Lacoste polos are made in Peru- I have an authentic polo that I purchased in France at the Lacoste store, that was made in Morocco- it would appear that most North American polos are made in Peru however.

• 2 weeks later...
The first and most obvious sign that you have a fake Lacoste polo on your hands is the placement of the croc itself. On a real shirt, you will find the croc positioned between the bottom button and the placket of the shirt. Most fake shirts place the croc even with the placket. If you have a shirt with the croc lined up with the placket, you have a fake- there are no exceptions to this rule! If the seller is including real pictures with their auction, this is easy to spot BEFORE you bid- so keep it in mind. As far as the croc itself, it should be well defined, with sharp teeth and distinct feet. It should NOT be bloated or distended in any way, shape or form.

Lacoste polos come with mother of pearl buttons- these are organic- meaning they're harvested from living things- meaning you CANNOT have two identical buttons. Ever. If your polo has two white buttons that are plastic, you have a fake Lacoste. If your buttons are identical, you have a fake Lacoste. The colour of the buttons will vary depending on the shirt colour- some come in white, some in the colour of the shirt, etc.- but the one constant is that they are NOT plastic buttons. The buttons also should not have ANYTHING on them- no logo, no text, no nothing. Another thing I noticed with all three of my fakes relative to a real shirt were the button openings- the real shirt has defined horizontal slits- the fake shirts looked like someone had used a hole puncher to open them up. Don't be swayed by declarations of poly bags and authentic tags. Anyone with a printer and a manufacturing facility to make fakes can make these.

Look at the tag inside the collar of the shirt. It should be white, with LACOSTE at the bottom, the croc above, and the size, in NUMBERS, in the upper left corner. If your shirt has letter sizing, you have a fake. If your shirtLook closer. The croc should have TWO distinct eyes- the fakes only have one eye. An authentic Lacoste shirt will have a Devanlay tag on the inside of the shirt in the torso area- it can be on EITHER side, depending on where you bought your shirt and where it was made. Not ALL Lacoste polos are made in Peru- I have an authentic polo that I purchased in France at the Lacoste store, that was made in Morocco- it would appear that most North American polos are made in Peru however.

madami n lacoste n original n lumabas like yun my slit s gilid meron n s slimfit tapos yun lacoste n manipis n classic mataas yun sign n lacoste then yun lacoste sport yun buttons ng iba my nalagay n lacoste lacoste iba ang orig s fake talga halata pati yun s tatak iba din my mga limited edition din iba yun markings pero original mostly yun sizes nila numbers meron din edition n s,m,l,xl size mostly s sizes for men mga stripes yun nakita ko s lacoste shop talga mga original wala libreng buttons

Para sure sa LACOSTE SHOP bumili, Ayt !!! :goatee:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
ang mahal naman kasi masyado dto hehe

It's a good investment na rin kase..

You can go wherever you want to go, without the fear of being ridiculed or maOkray na sinumang fashion police.

Safe GetUp sya actually. :thumbsupsmiley:

Been wearing them for 10years na. Ok pa rin. Kahit umabot ako ng 60 Years old, safe pa ring isuot at di baduy.. Classic talaga.

Lacoste Watches? I'm not into them. same wth Jeans/Pants.

But I like their perfumes: Pour homme and Essential.. Tama lang ang amoy, di masyadong matapang. Parang bagong ligo lang

Sa Footwear naman: Meron ako nung Topsider type, ung medyo makapal ng konti ung Sole, Suede yung sa side na may Croc. Model 2002 yun alam ko. Til now ginagamit ko pa rin. May Sneaker type din na ala-Vans. Croc lang sa side ang design. Pang harabas ika nga.

For me, mas simple, mas suwabe.

Lacoste.. Indeed classic!

Just my 2 cents :goatee:

Edited by tjdsaint