Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

bro my colleagues told me that you can try roxio or sonic. Some stalls have that kind of program and it has the same function as nero.simple task din ung binibigay nya pag magbeburn k ng files on a disc.

bro. di ko na na try yung reco mo. what i did was just download a dvd burner software from hippo. was able to download imgburn. i tried and it worked! still thankful you gave me an idea na somehow baka nero ang me problema so i tried another burning software. thanks man!

Edited by wizard23
bro. di ko na na try yung reco mo. what i did was just download a dvd burner software from hippo. was able to download imgburn. i tried and it worked! still thankful you gave me an idea na somehow baka nero ang me problema so i tried another burning software. thanks man!

OK n din yan at least na-isolate mo ung problema mo which is with nero,right?

Edited by frickph
try to use google.you will know there kung alin ang valid.try mo din mag-msconfig para disable mo ung d kelangan n services at programs sa background ng pc.mag defrag k din at disc clean up k din para malinis PC mo... pasok k din ng prefetch folder ,click mo ung start then run then type mo prefetch,me ipapakita s u n window then delete mo lahat ng laman nung prefetch.

or he could try visiting this link

http://www.castlecops.com/StartupList.html

go to msconfig first

click on the start up tab

gud am! cno po nkakaalam d2 panu maretrieve ung nahack n FRIENDSTER ACCOUNT. pinalitan kc ung email at password... PLEASE HELP NMN PO!! BINABOY KC UNG FS NUNG FRND KO... LUMAKI UNG GULO NGKKDEMANDAHAN NA KC EH>>> PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! ALAM KC NUNG EX BF NYA UNG FRNDSTER NYA EH KAYA IUN UNG SUSPECT SA PAGHACK NUNG ACCOUNT> PLEASE HELP PO PARA MARETRIEVE UNG ACCOUNT NYA!!! tnx!

gud am! cno po nkakaalam d2 panu maretrieve ung nahack n FRIENDSTER ACCOUNT. pinalitan kc ung email at password... PLEASE HELP NMN PO!! BINABOY KC UNG FS NUNG FRND KO... LUMAKI UNG GULO NGKKDEMANDAHAN NA KC EH>>> PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! ALAM KC NUNG EX BF NYA UNG FRNDSTER NYA EH KAYA IUN UNG SUSPECT SA PAGHACK NUNG ACCOUNT> PLEASE HELP PO PARA MARETRIEVE UNG ACCOUNT NYA!!! tnx!

here'w what you need:

1. WiFi router. Any brand will do.

2. PCI WiFi card for your desktop.

3. WiFi cardbus or USB wifi for your laptop if your laptop has no built-in WiFi. If it does have it then disregard buying this.

After buying these, now would be a good time to READ THE ACCOMPANYING MANUALS.

Attach the PCI WiFi card in an available slot inside your desktop CPU. after attaching the PCI card, install the necessary drivers.

Attach the CAT-5 cable from the modem to your wireless router. depending on the brand, enable the security feature (specifically enable encryption) in your router and then take note of the key. also, you need to configure your WAN connection PPPoE to enable automatic connection. READ THE ACCOMPANYING MANUAL. BTW, you should have your username and password handy as it is necessary for configuring your router. as an after thought, you need to change the default username and password to access your router, or else anyone can just use your internet connection.

connect to the internet via WiFi configuration. make sure the WiFi adapter is enabled in your laptop. there should be a switch or a function key to turn it on.

the most important thing to remember is to never tell bayantel that you have attached a router or else you would be charged extra. never call them up and say "hey guys, I have a wireless router here and I was wondering if a technician can come over and install it since I do not know how to set it up". Believe me, they will ask P300.00 just to setup your router. I've got a neighbor who did just that.

thanks sa details... maraming maraming salamat...

any idea po kung mga magkano estimate na magagastos ko? for router and PCI wifi card for desktop?

wifi ready napo yung notebook ko...

I used to work for Hi5 networks, which is a rival of friendster. In our case you can contact a complaint desk and ask that a profile be removed or complain about a hacked account as long as you can provide proper documentation. Usually they have a record of the previous email address used. From there you can prove the veracity of your complaint. You can try help@friendster.com.

pci wifi goes for 1500 for G and 3500 for N.

router can go as low as 2000 for a G and as high as 9000 for a gaming version which supports N.

take your pick.

Kung pang browsing lang wireless G would be enough.

sir thanks po sa reply...

mejo mahal din pala... hehehehe...

another question po sa mga tech guru dito sa MTC...

paano po ba palitan yung default language ng MS windows XP sp1

yung pinsan ko kasi sa japan gusto palitan yung language sa PC nya nasa japan sya.

paano po ba? and if ever na pwede palitan, pede po ba na from time to time e ibalik sa nihonggo yung language?

paano po ang process?

thanks in advance sana huwag kayong mag sawa sa pagtulong sa mga bagulbol na kagaya ko... hehehehe

salamat po ulit...

Guest Leviticus
sir thanks po sa reply...

mejo mahal din pala... hehehehe...

another question po sa mga tech guru dito sa MTC...

paano po ba palitan yung default language ng MS windows XP sp1

yung pinsan ko kasi sa japan gusto palitan yung language sa PC nya nasa japan sya.

paano po ba? and if ever na pwede palitan, pede po ba na from time to time e ibalik sa nihonggo yung language?

paano po ang process?

thanks in advance sana huwag kayong mag sawa sa pagtulong sa mga bagulbol na kagaya ko... hehehehe

salamat po ulit...

go to start-> control panel->Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options->Regional & Language Options->Languages tab

from here you will need to add additional language. there are some check boxes you need to read.

btw.. there is a risk involved in changing the language. that risk is if you do not know how to read the language. kaparehas sa cellphone where you can change the language to (example) mandarin. but the tricky part is when you want to return it to english.. but you don't know how to read mandarin!

report that to the friendster support.

works for me. :)

they would actually ban the account or close it

Edited by Saeki®

just want to pose a question to you guys who are experts....I wanted to buy a new webcam pero when I tried it out, I found out na di pala pwede yung cam coz my pc's usb port is good only for 1.1 and the one I want to buy is the standard USB 2.0. Can anyone help me out with this problem, wala talaga ako alam sa mga ganito kase...thanks in advance!

just want to pose a question to you guys who are experts....I wanted to buy a new webcam pero when I tried it out, I found out na di pala pwede yung cam coz my pc's usb port is good only for 1.1 and the one I want to buy is the standard USB 2.0. Can anyone help me out with this problem, wala talaga ako alam sa mga ganito kase...thanks in advance!

to "upgrade" from 1.1 to 2.0 typically isn't a software upgrade at all; it's an addition of hardware. For desktop machines you can purchase a relatively inexpensive USB 2.0 interface that you add to your machine. For your laptop you'll probably purchase a PCMCIA card that adds a USB 2.0 interface.

In either case, if the machine already had a 1.1 interface, that's still there, and still runs at 1.1 speeds. The old interface is still perfect for devices that don't require the speed supported by 2.0. The new interface then can support the higher-speed devices.

Now, a 2.0-capable USB device doesn't necessarily require USB 2.0. A great example is the Maxtor external USB drives I use for backup. If I plug them into a computer with only a USB 1.1 interface, they work just fine. They're slower, much slower in fact, but they do work well.

"...a USB 2.0 interface requires different hardware - hardware that is capable of the higher speeds that USB 2.0 supports."

In most cases, in that situation, about the worst that will happen, besides the slower performance, is that Windows may pop-up a message indicating that "this device could perform better if plugged into a USB 2.0 interface". Which is quite true, and otherwise benign.

here'w what you need:

1. WiFi router. Any brand will do.

2. PCI WiFi card for your desktop.

3. WiFi cardbus or USB wifi for your laptop if your laptop has no built-in WiFi. If it does have it then disregard buying this.

After buying these, now would be a good time to READ THE ACCOMPANYING MANUALS.

Attach the PCI WiFi card in an available slot inside your desktop CPU. after attaching the PCI card, install the necessary drivers.

Attach the CAT-5 cable from the modem to your wireless router. depending on the brand, enable the security feature (specifically enable encryption) in your router and then take note of the key. also, you need to configure your WAN connection PPPoE to enable automatic connection. READ THE ACCOMPANYING MANUAL. BTW, you should have your username and password handy as it is necessary for configuring your router. as an after thought, you need to change the default username and password to access your router, or else anyone can just use your internet connection.

connect to the internet via WiFi configuration. make sure the WiFi adapter is enabled in your laptop. there should be a switch or a function key to turn it on.

the most important thing to remember is to never tell bayantel that you have attached a router or else you would be charged extra. never call them up and say "hey guys, I have a wireless router here and I was wondering if a technician can come over and install it since I do not know how to set it up". Believe me, they will ask P300.00 just to setup your router. I've got a neighbor who did just that.

this information is very helpful. i have eastern telecom at my house would like to

apply this however I would connect directly my pc to the router via cable and

use wifi for my laptop.

however as I checked my dsl modem connects to the internet automatically. meron

pa ba ako dapat gawin or are there any special router that is used for this kind of

connection?

Guest Leviticus
this information is very helpful. i have eastern telecom at my house would like to

apply this however I would connect directly my pc to the router via cable and

use wifi for my laptop.

however as I checked my dsl modem connects to the internet automatically. meron

pa ba ako dapat gawin or are there any special router that is used for this kind of

connection?

I'm not very familiar with eastern telecom's internet, especially the modem. maybe it would be helpful if you post the model of your modem?

if the modem already connects to the internet automatically (I'm guessing this is a modem/adsl router) then you do not have to configure anything in your WiFi router, just remember to set the encryption and to change the username/password for the router.

in fact, I would guess further that if your modem is indeed a modem/adsl router, you can also get something called a WAP (wireless access point) instead of a router.

I'm running XP in my pc. When I logon a dos box pops up trying to run DL.EXE. The first few times it was a 'illegal instruction error'. Now it just sits there. The dos box doesn't go away. Since this started happening I cannot log onto the internet. Does anyone know what DL.EXE is?

hello po need help po.got laptop gateway no display po sya ano po kaya prob ng laptop ko

na try ko na magpalit ng memory card ganon pa rin

daming reasons:

a. wrong video card driver

b. defective or loose lcd connector

c. wrong video settings

hindi sya related sa memory card.

I'm running XP in my pc. When I logon a dos box pops up trying to run DL.EXE. The first few times it was a 'illegal instruction error'. Now it just sits there. The dos box doesn't go away. Since this started happening I cannot log onto the internet. Does anyone know what DL.EXE is?

DL.exe is a backdoor virus..

removal procedures here...

http://www.symantec.com/security_response/...-99&tabid=2

hello po need help po.got laptop gateway no display po sya ano po kaya prob ng laptop ko

na try ko na magpalit ng memory card ganon pa rin

attach it to another monitor. may display ba sa external monitor? if yes, check the lcd of the laptop then

if no, possible driver or the vid card

bakit pati memory? :huh:

Dl.exe

Dl.exe Description :

Trojan horse undetected by most antivirus programs and which, in our experience, is picked up through the use of KaZaA or through kids downloading supposedly free games from specific websites. When running, this task attempts to connect to a particular IP address and attempts to install additional parasite and insecure software which, luckily, gets picked up by most firewalls. We are not yet sure about what else it does, but we do know you should get rid of it immediately.

Dl.exe Recommendation :

Since this task does not get picked up by some antivirus products, do as follows :

1) Terminate this task on the Tasks tab.

2) Next, switch to the Startups tab, right-click on the startup entry for this task, and choose the "Delete the file that this Startup points to" option to erase this dangerous parasite from your hard disk.

3) Next, delete the startup entry for this program.

4) Finally, either empty your Recycle Bin, or at the very least delete this particular file permanently from your Recycle Bin and PC.

DL.exe is a backdoor virus..

removal procedures here...

http://www.symantec.com/security_response/...-99&tabid=2

or try this one :)

try malwarebytes or cccleaner,just update them then if you can,try it on safe mode (scanning0 and then on normal mode. kung me duda k .. try hijackthis then look at it's logs kung me natira p sa registry.

I'm not very familiar with eastern telecom's internet, especially the modem. maybe it would be helpful if you post the model of your modem?

if the modem already connects to the internet automatically (I'm guessing this is a modem/adsl router) then you do not have to configure anything in your WiFi router, just remember to set the encryption and to change the username/password for the router.

in fact, I would guess further that if your modem is indeed a modem/adsl router, you can also get something called a WAP (wireless access point) instead of a router.

Thanks for the information and yes you are correct sir. I check the exact

modem and its a Sphairon Turbolink AR860 ADSL. Any suggestion on

what type of WAP to use?

Do I need to use some settings on the pc's?

Guest Leviticus
Thanks for the information and yes you are correct sir. I check the exact

modem and its a Sphairon Turbolink AR860 ADSL. Any suggestion on

what type of WAP to use?

Do I need to use some settings on the pc's?

There are plenty of brands for WAP with the same performance: d-link, linksys, tplink, zyxel, correga..

it's on the price of the brands that they differ. for the desktop, there wouldn't be much settings that you need to do as everything is user friendly and plug-and-play nowadays. the only technical part is setting your WAP encryption. based on my experience though, don't get those wifi USB attachments. better get the pci variety as the wifi usb gets busted easily and at the same time, you are depriving yourself a USB port.

found some article about this and most say that it is a virus and suggest not to do system restore since it also resides on the restore file.

I would suggest formatting the hdd and re-install pag virus.