Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

2 years old dual core 2.8ghz pentium onboard sound and video with 1 gig ram asus board with xp OS.. my yahoo messenger is version 8.1... it think so 2 but the driver i'm using is from the CD that came with my MB, my mobo is an asus p5rd2-vm by the way. The 2 jacks located at the back and the front of the CPU, also i have a problem with when i switch the auto detect on for some stupid reason the computer doesn't recognize it even though i followed the color code and also the symbols for for the mic and the speaker???

thanks in advanced taking the time to help me bro...really very grateful for the help :thumbsupsmiley:

if you have checked the connections already even the volume panel... have you checked the recording tab and even the sound and audio properties window to see if they show the real driver/device that you're using for your sound?check mo dun ung audio and voice tab to make sure that they're showing your device as it is kc eventhough it shows your device on the sound,if it's not turned on there you need to enable it.

Experts!

A little help here please, the problem just started a week ago. When I insert a USB flash drive or my memory stick into my laptop, it will work properly but when I was about to eject it, the pc wouldn't let me do it. even if all the windows are closed already it still won't let me eject the devices,I need to shut down my laptop first before I can pull them out, the same thing happens when I was burning some ISO files into DVD-R's, when I'm finished with the process, I try to delete the files that were burned on the DVD from my hard drive but it will indicate a message that will show that the files are still in use, it will allow me to delete them once I was able to restart the computer. Please tell me what I can do in order to fix this problem

Thanx! :headsetsmiley:

anyone can show me how to uninstall deep freeze???

my deep freeze program got corrupted. I can't access the file anymore. There is no icon in the add/remove section. Control-shift-alt-f6 won't work.. I can't uninstall it. I can't even disable it. I can't even run the deep freeze installer . I'm hijacked by my own computer.

worst comes to worst, I have to reformat my computer coz i can't save anything on the drive.

Please anyone can show me an alternative on how to remove it...

Experts!

A little help here please, the problem just started a week ago. When I insert a USB flash drive or my memory stick into my laptop, it will work properly but when I was about to eject it, the pc wouldn't let me do it. even if all the windows are closed already it still won't let me eject the devices,I need to shut down my laptop first before I can pull them out, the same thing happens when I was burning some ISO files into DVD-R's, when I'm finished with the process, I try to delete the files that were burned on the DVD from my hard drive but it will indicate a message that will show that the files are still in use, it will allow me to delete them once I was able to restart the computer. Please tell me what I can do in order to fix this problem

Thanx! :headsetsmiley:

Did you scan the thumb drive before you accessed it?

For win xp

start - run - type "diskmgmt.msc"

right click on thumb drive and left click on properties

remove check on allow indexing then okay

Now try removing thumb drive.

For Vista

Policies tab

Select Optimize for quick remova

okay then try to remove drive

Did you scan the thumb drive before you accessed it?

For win xp

remove check on allow indexing then okay

Now try removing thumb drive.

For Vista

Policies tab

Select Optimize for quick remova

okay then try to remove drive

thanx..i'll try this later! appreciate it!

question lang po..

pag meron po akong ip block for example 111.222.333.10/29

naiset ko na po sa modem & router.

gateway ko po is 111.222.333.11..

san po ba napupunta yang GATEWAY IP na yan? sa modem po ba o sa router?

kung sa modem, ano po ba pwedeng ip ng router?

salams

I assume you're connecting a router to a DSL modem? Is your DSL modem a plain modem or a combination of a modem and router?

If it's a plain modem:

Modem: Do not change anything.

Router: IP and Gateway should be what you were assigned with (WAN) and then you can choose an IP from your IP block (LAN)

PC connecting to Router: IP is from your IP Block and Gateway is the IP of the Router

If it's a Modem/Router combination:

Modem/Router: IP and Gateway should be what you were assigned with (WAN) and then you can choose an IP from your IP block (LAN)

Router: you really don't need this - unless this is a WiFi?

PC connecting to Modem/Router: IP is from your IP Block and Gateway is the IP of the Modem/Router

Of course, if you're using Router as WiFi point, the configuration is different.

Edited by rmpilar
I assume you're connecting a router to a DSL modem? Is your DSL modem a plain modem or a combination of a modem and router?

If it's a plain modem:

Modem: Do not change anything.

Router: IP and Gateway should be what you were assigned with (WAN) and then you can choose an IP from your IP block (LAN)

PC connecting to Router: IP is from your IP Block and Gateway is the IP of the Router

If it's a Modem/Router combination:

Modem/Router: IP and Gateway should be what you were assigned with (WAN) and then you can choose an IP from your IP block (LAN)

Router: you really don't need this - unless this is a WiFi?

PC connecting to Modem/Router: IP is from your IP Block and Gateway is the IP of the Modem/Router

Of course, if you're using Router as WiFi point, the configuration is different.

pasensya na mejo baguhan lang.

i have a Plain modem & a separate router..

for example i have

WAN: 333.222.111.20/32

LAN: 111.222.333.10/29

Modem -> Router -> PC

- so you mean yung GW ko na 111.222.333.11 is IP ng router? so if i ping 111.222.333.11, im communicating with the router?

- and yung IP naman ng Modem ko is 333.222.111.20?

Kasi po sometimes when I do a standalone connection, I connect 1 PC directly to the modem & naka OBTain IP ako, when I check on IPCONFIG, ang GW ko po is 111.222.333.11

Thanks.

guys i need help. My cousin adjusted the monitor settings.after rebooting,the m0nitor doesn't display anything except for the sign "out of range",then the screen went all black..What should i do? Thanks in advance.

go into safe mode and re-adjust the monitor settings from there.

pasensya na mejo baguhan lang.

i have a Plain modem & a separate router..

for example i have

WAN: 333.222.111.20/32

LAN: 111.222.333.10/29

Modem -> Router -> PC

- so you mean yung GW ko na 111.222.333.11 is IP ng router? so if i ping 111.222.333.11, im communicating with the router?

- and yung IP naman ng Modem ko is 333.222.111.20?

Kasi po sometimes when I do a standalone connection, I connect 1 PC directly to the modem & naka OBTain IP ako, when I check on IPCONFIG, ang GW ko po is 111.222.333.11

Thanks.

On your router, for WAN port, set it to obtain mode and for LAN port, you can set it up so you can use DHCP. By doing so, you don't have to manually set the IP on your PC since it will always be on obtain mode. The router will automatically assign you an IP and sets the gateway - which is the IP of the router. NOTE: The gateway is almost always the IP of the router - almost always because there are instances where you need to set it blank.

I need help

I have two PCs, the other one got fried (yung mother board), tatangalin ko yung hard drive nito

para kunin yung mga files saka para linisin na rin pagkatapos maretrieve at malipat yung mga files dun sa gumaganang pc.

How am I going to do that. I have an external hardrive thingy using USB can I use that, ganon po ba yun? when I used an external drive gizmo, hindi lahat ng files nag appear yung mga files sa My Documents ng PC na nasira di nag appear.

I need help

I have two PCs, the other one got fried (yung mother board), tatangalin ko yung hard drive nito

para kunin yung mga files saka para linisin na rin pagkatapos maretrieve at malipat yung mga files dun sa gumaganang pc.

How am I going to do that. I have an external hardrive thingy using USB can I use that, ganon po ba yun? when I used an external drive gizmo, hindi lahat ng files nag appear yung mga files sa My Documents ng PC na nasira di nag appear.

you can either attach the HD on the working PC - am not sure you can use your external drive - is it the same size to begin with? is you HD SATA or IDE? is your external drive using SATA or IDE? they have to be the same size and port.

got confused on your second paragraph - where you able to use your HD on your external drive? first, turn on Show Hidden Files and Folders. locate for \Documents and Settings\[login name]\My Documents

hope this helped

you can either attach the HD on the working PC - am not sure you can use your external drive - is it the same size to begin with? is you HD SATA or IDE? is your external drive using SATA or IDE? they have to be the same size and port.

got confused on your second paragraph - where you able to use your HD on your external drive? first, turn on Show Hidden Files and Folders. locate for \Documents and Settings\[login name]\My Documents

hope this helped

I'm going to use an enclosure para dun sa harddrive na kukunan ko ng files, itatransfer ko yung ilang files na kailangan ko dun sa gumaganang PC. Yung enclosure yun yung nabili ko sa CD R king parang dun ilinalagay ang IDE tapos meron siyang USB. Ngayon nung triny ko to hindi ko makita yung myDocuments folder nito.

hope this helped

Ah, OK, I'll try ur suggestion, Thanks

On your router, for WAN port, set it to obtain mode and for LAN port, you can set it up so you can use DHCP. By doing so, you don't have to manually set the IP on your PC since it will always be on obtain mode. The router will automatically assign you an IP and sets the gateway - which is the IP of the router. NOTE: The gateway is almost always the IP of the router - almost always because there are instances where you need to set it blank.

question is, since my GW IP is on the router, does the my modem have an IP or not?

eto po ulit IP Block ko.

111.222.333.10/29

111.222.333.10 - Network IP

111.222.333.11 - GW ko

111.222.333.12 - .16 (5 PCs)

111.222.333.17 - Broadcast IP

- Pero Sir I TELNET my GW (111.222.333.11) to change the configuration of my MODEM (DNS, USERNAME, IP ETC).

Thanks.

Goodday!

first thing 2 do is scan using antivirus and 2nd the best thing to do is update or install service pack or windows patches on your windows system, kung winxp yan much better update windows sp3 available sa microsoft.com,, important is mag update ka ng windows patches or windows update.

gud am.. mmm... by updating windows mbubura n ung virus? db still in the system un? i've tried 2 search through the net about that prob and finding solutions karaniwan dun cnsbi use hijack tpos post ko ung log den cla magaanalyze kung alin ung tatanggalin. bka po my ibang nakakaalam kung panu tanggalin un with out using hijack pra din malaman ko. TIA!

I need help

regarding accessing your mydoc folder click mo tong link for instruction on how to access your folder

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...421&sd=tech

GoodDay!

Sir, Try to download latest AVG on internet tapos update mo rin using internet tapos restart mo p.c mo on safe mode then dun ka mgscan, sure tanggal virus mo and then update windows patch, thats all,

AVG sir!?......sure po kayo na matatanggal ng AVG un?!! ntry nyo n po b ung sir? try ko din po. tnx!

Edited by jigjzajilo