Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

i'm using xp. what is the correct time zone for the philippines? i chose gmt +8:00 hongkong - china time (i thought being the nearest) but after a few hours, the time i have in my pc is delayed. i keep adjusting it.

also, do i have to check the automatically synchronize with an internet time server. tia.

if you're having trouble with your PC's time,try to check your BIOS to kc ok n ung setting ng timezone mo....GMT +8:00...there are times kc n they do depend on the BIOS time (sa computer system setup).... if your still having trouble with it... try replacing your computer's cmos batt....wala pang 50 pesos un.....

pahelp naman guys.. nagkaproblem yun ym ko. I cant read messages that i type once i press the enter button and also cant read the messges sent to me.

i tried re installing na . ayaw pa din. as in walang lumalabas na kahit anu dun sa dialog box. thnks

i'm using xp. what is the correct time zone for the philippines? i chose gmt +8:00 hongkong - china time (i thought being the nearest) but after a few hours, the time i have in my pc is delayed. i keep adjusting it.

also, do i have to check the automatically synchronize with an internet time server. tia.

yes, manila is +8 GMT. But there are several factors that affect your concern:

a. The CMOS time may be incorrect. Yung time/date settings eh sa windows lang, and it interfaces with your CMOS

b. CMOS battery.

pahelp naman guys.. nagkaproblem yun ym ko. I cant read messages that i type once i press the enter button and also cant read the messges sent to me.

i tried re installing na . ayaw pa din. as in walang lumalabas na kahit anu dun sa dialog box. thnks

kiss muna.... hehehehe.

seriously, kelan nangyari ito? malimit ba mangyari?

kung malimit, your PC could have some virus.

kung once, malamang sa YM servers. I've experiened it too yesterday.

so u have reinstalled it na... anong version yan ung latest?you can try to shutdown your firewall or security system for the meantime then try again.... if that will not work....restore mo ung security system mo then try to check ung message settings... pwede din n me bug (virus/spyware) sa pc mo now but we cannot just blame it...sya nga pala nung nireinstall mo cya... have u tried removing it entirely from your system then start from scratch?

Edited by frickph

have experience it also, wat i did was to close my ym then open it again. then ok na siya... i suspect low virtual memory ang pc ko that time kasi halos puno na ang hard disk ko. nagloloko kasi ym pag low virtual mem. try freeing up some space sa drive c niyo madam. or close some applications

have experience it also, wat i did was to close my ym then open it again. then ok na siya... i suspect low virtual memory ang pc ko that time kasi halos puno na ang hard disk ko. nagloloko kasi ym pag low virtual mem. try freeing up some space sa drive c niyo madam. or close some applications

K-Lite Codec Pack just google it most of the time windows classic media player is included there. The secret in watching movie files is in the codec. you can try DivX player also. I'm using classic media player now but Divx is better in picture rendering

if you're having trouble with your PC's time,try to check your BIOS to kc ok n ung setting ng timezone mo....GMT +8:00...there are times kc n they do depend on the BIOS time (sa computer system setup).... if your still having trouble with it... try replacing your computer's cmos batt....wala pang 50 pesos un.....

This my educated guess. Your yahoo installation has been damaged in the registry. Dapat kapag in-iunstall mo yung yahoo nabubura lahat registry nun pero hindi nabubura kaya same pa rin yung yahoo sa new install. Solution. Do it the longest way: format install new windows. The easiest way, download ccleaner, and clean your registry after uninstalling yahoo. It works 90% of the time. By the way download also a new yahoo messenger installer. Don't use 9. something beta. Use the old stable program 8.02 yata. you can download yahoo and ccleaner at www.filehippo.com

here's the catch here bro,you can only upgrade to 64bit OS if your proc and MOBO is capable of it. If your proc is 64 bit then go but make sure that you can find drivers of your PC that can go for 64 bit too. It's the driver who will suffer once you upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit.

chances are you're setting is update on DST together with internet time on. uncheck this feature while changing your time. It does not matter what timezone you selected as long that you are correcting your time manually.

chances are you're setting is update on DST together with internet time on. uncheck this feature while changing your time. It does not matter what timezone you selected as long that you are correcting your time manually.

oops i'm sorry, i'm replying to the one with the problem in his system time. For upgrading your XP from 32bit to 64 bit. Just go ahead, but you have to be prepare, check your drivers, that will be the main problem. Then check you programs, not all programs will run on 64 bit. Better stay sa 32 bit. just update your drivers 32 bit works well and upgrade to SP3

Guys, what would you recommend as an alternative software that is even better than Windows Media Player for watching dvds and doing a host of other stuffs? :headsetsmiley:

My Media Player kinda conked out after I downloaded a Spanish beta version for WMP12 from the Free Stuff thread.

Thanks in advance guys & more power to you all! :thumbsupsmiley:

KLM Codec packor VLC.... KLM has big features that you can use....same goes to VLC....

check bios

bka cmos battery rin :)

Guys, what would you recommend as an alternative software that is even better than Windows Media Player for watching dvds and doing a host of other stuffs? :headsetsmiley:

My Media Player kinda conked out after I downloaded a Spanish beta version for WMP12 from the Free Stuff thread.

Thanks in advance guys & more power to you all! :thumbsupsmiley:

vlc

dvx

gud day.. nid help mga bro. i have a problem with my unit. i format it and i don't have driver of the mobo so i download it from net.. my prob was, i was encountering generic host win32. how can i fix it. every it comes out nwwla ung audio, so i have to restart my pc pra gumana ule ung audio then after a few minutes generic host win32 will come out again.. how can i fix it. btw my mobo is ecs 741-gx, built in audio realtek ac 97 audio... help po asap! thanks!

2nd prob ko nmn po sa isang pc ko is ung amvo.exe how can i remove it. di ko kc maopen ym... thanks!

mga master... paano malalaman kung hanggang ilan ang memory na pwedeng ilagay sa laptop?

yung Asus A3400L notebook ko kasi currently has 256mb, tapos binuksan ko yung memory panel meron pa sya isang slot na available...

paano malalaman kung pwede ang 2x512mb or 2x1gig?

Edited by deejay4
mga master... paano malalaman kung hanggang ilan ang memory na pwedeng ilagay sa laptop?

yung Asus A3400L notebook ko kasi currently has 256mb, tapos binuksan ko yung memory panel meron pa sya isang slot na available...

imho, i think Asus (i had one before) allows one more slot. built in yung 256 MB nya and you can put 1 more na 1 gb.

bro before you upgrade your computer's memory be sure n i check mo ung pc mo sa website ng asus o iba pang website... baka din kc magloko yan like blue screen....

thanks sa reply sir google...

isa pa sir... napapalitan ba yung usb slot ng mga desktop pc?

di na kasi maka detect usb slot sa front ng cpu ko... kapag sa likod ko naman inilagay low speed daw yung nasa likod na usb slot.

kung before nakakadetect nyan... pwede k bumili ng usb slot thru PCI... as far as i know meron p nabibilhan nun but you must test it twice to make sure.... ung sa low speed naman e maaaring nasa device un or either sa settings ng USB mo sa likod.. pwede kc pabilisin un or pabagalin like sa device manager or bios....you can adjust it there unless me topak ung driver nya na constant ung detection as 1.0 kaya low speed....