Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

Ah, yeah I heard nga na 3GB lang mareregister na RAM pag 32bit Vista...

is 64-bit processing stable na ba? alangan kasi ako e. Hanggat hindi stable, I might stick to 2GB RAM and XP SP2 muna.

@ google

masyado highly technical sakin yung link na bigay mo..^^ pero anyway I understand some stuffs naman.

The terms 32-bit and 64-bit refer to the way a computer's processor (also called a CPU), handles information. The 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows are designed for use in computers with 32-bit or 64-bit processors, respectively.

To run a 64-bit version of Windows, your computer must have a 64-bit processor. To find your computer's processor speed, do the following:

1. Open System by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking System.

2. Under System, you can view the processor type and speed.

Many programs designed for a computer running a 32-bit version of Windows will work on a computer running 64-bit versions of Windows without any changes. However, in some cases there might be differences in performance. If you have a 64-bit computer, it's best to run programs designed to run on a 64-bit computer.

A 64-bit computer can process twice as much information as a 32-bit computer, and can have significantly more random access memory (RAM). This makes a 64-bit computer a good choice if you're working with video, large database searches, or games and other programs that require complex calculations and a lot of memory. A 32-bit computer works very well for most programs, however. For example, spreadsheet programs, web browsers, and word processing programs will run at about the same speed on either a 32-bit or a 64-bit computer.

sir google thanks po sa answer...

yes sir kahit po sa safe mode ganun parin... kahit po yung "msconfig" ayaw mag run...

i manage to delete the second account... bale kapag turn on mo diretso na sa desktop...

administrator account nalang... pero ganun parin... ayaw parin kapag ctrl +alt+del = disable by admin daw... saka yung "msconfig" ayaw mag run...

if your computer wont allow you to enter/access anything that might disable or delete anything from the computer: Possible Virus :)

mtc bros & friends/ experts. my prob is my desktop when start up displays this blue screen that say dumping physical memory. uninstall your anti virus software, pls contact your admin & others. but the good this is upon attempts of 4 times, pumapasok parin sa windows desktop screen. its a P4 256 mem, MB asus 4m8x something. ddr pa ata. i bought it circa 2005 pcx buendia. thank you for whatever help you can provide.l

the 'dumping physical memory' only tells you that its saving a log on the dump file on your computer for future access :)

dump files could be used to check what cause the BSOD.

suggestion:

when you get the BSOD, get the following things:

0x000000XX 'X' means the last 2 char on the code.

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME --- FIND this kind of word that are separated with underscores and all uppercase.

BSODs might me a hardware or a software.

drivers also causes BSOD if installed not thinking if its compatible or not.

pls write down the BSOD so we could assist you :)

strange. but suddenly i get this message whenever i try to log in to my gmail account and when i try to do online banking. here's the message:

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet valid.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

Click here to close this webpage.

Continue to this website (not recommended).

More information

If you arrived at this page by clicking a link, check the website address in the address bar to be sure that it is the address you were expecting.

When going to a website with an address such as https://example.com, try adding the 'www' to the address, https://www.example.com.

If you choose to ignore this error and continue, do not enter private information into the website.

For more information, see "Certificate Errors" in Internet Explorer Help.

Question: Am I a victim of phishing? I read that it is unlikely that this error will occur on a legitimate business or banking site.

How do I prevent this warning page from coming up whenever I try to sign in to my mail and banking account? thanks.

IE 7 po ba yan? :)

Try the following:

1. Check system time & date. Set it right.

2. Go to Internet options > Content >Certificates > and delete any expired certificates.

3. Go to Internet Options > Advanced tab > Under Security uncheck "Check for publisher's certificate revocation"

Also try to check or uncheck " Check for Server Certificate revocation" if none of the above options work.

If none of that works, I would scan the computer thoughorly for malware/viruses

pls let us know if this fixed it :)

yes it's IE7. i did per your instructions but it's still the same.

2nd, I get this prompt: Do you want to allow this Webpage to access your Clipboard? everytime i open a webpage. how do i remove this prompt?

i tried using opera but it's still the same. i get this message that the certificate is invalid. will it help if i uninstall IE7? tnx

guys, currently I have Win XP installed on my system...can I install another OS in it (Mac OS X) in the same hard drive using another partition? can someone help me in the procedure?

i really don't know about MacOS, but you an do so using Linux (Ubuntu, Mandriva, etc.)

yes it's IE7. i did per your instructions but it's still the same.

2nd, I get this prompt: Do you want to allow this Webpage to access your Clipboard? everytime i open a webpage. how do i remove this prompt?

i tried using opera but it's still the same. i get this message that the certificate is invalid. will it help if i uninstall IE7? tnx

imho, are you on XP or on Vista? Because you cannot install IE7 in Vista.

try mo muna i-delete yung cookies mo tsaka yung mga temporary files mo.

imho, are you on XP or on Vista? Because you cannot install IE7 in Vista.

try mo muna i-delete yung cookies mo tsaka yung mga temporary files mo.

the gmail seems to be certificate error free now. but my online banking account is still with certificate error whenever i try to sign up. help again. thank you very much.

Thank you google and saeki. i think it worked after i deleted the cookies then the temp files. now how do i disable this prompt that keeps popping up that says: do you want to allow this webpage to access your clipboard? many thanks again.

1. Go to Tools -> Internet Options.

2. Go to Security tab.

3. Select “Internet” zone, then click on “Custom level…” button.

4. Scroll down to “Scripting” section (at the bottom few).

5. Under “Allow Programmatic clipboard access” option, check or select (tick) Enable. Default action for this option is Prompt, which cause the pop-up message whenever there is any attempt to access the Clipboard.

6. Click Ok twice to exit from Internet Options.

1. Go to Tools -> Internet Options.

2. Go to Security tab.

3. Select “Internet” zone, then click on “Custom level…” button.

4. Scroll down to “Scripting” section (at the bottom few).

5. Under “Allow Programmatic clipboard access” option, check or select (tick) Enable. Default action for this option is Prompt, which cause the pop-up message whenever there is any attempt to access the Clipboard.

6. Click Ok twice to exit from Internet Options.

thanks this one's working. but unfortunately, i still get certificate error page from my gmail account and banking online account after ff your instructions. can you give me other options? tnx

Edited by wizard23

imho, the Cisco 805 router is a serial router. if you are going to link remote offices with it, better if you also use the same router also.

question lang, what connection will you be using? Leased Line or DSL?

but imho, you may not use a router at the other end (branch office mo). You can try to use Endian Linux installed on a CPU as a router too communicating with your front end CISCO, and serving as a firewall, a DHCP, etc, at the other end.

Hi!! I've got a problem:

I just bought a linksys wrt54g today. I installed everything according to the CD, the wireless connection works, I can use my eeepc's wifi. Problem is, yung wired connection naman sa desktop ko ang ayaw. Hindi makita ng desktop yung router.

I tried changing the cable to the blue one they provided, ayaw pa din.

When I removed the connection to the router tapos kinabit ko diretso sa desktop yung modem, okay naman. Pag dumaan lang talaga sa router di na nya makita.

Hindi siguro cable ang problem kasi yun ang gamit ko papunta ng modem to desktop ngayon.

I'm thinking it's a router problem or a setting problem.

I tried removing the internet cable from the router then inserted it on my desktop, okay naman, gumagana. Pag nilipat ko sa router then connect the router to the desktop, ayaw na. Di rin umiilaw yung kahit isa sa mga LED sa harap for the ethernet connection.

Ano kaya problem nito? :huh:

Hi!! I've got a problem:

I just bought a linksys wrt54g today. I installed everything according to the CD, the wireless connection works, I can use my eeepc's wifi. Problem is, yung wired connection naman sa desktop ko ang ayaw. Hindi makita ng desktop yung router.

I tried changing the cable to the blue one they provided, ayaw pa din.

When I removed the connection to the router tapos kinabit ko diretso sa desktop yung modem, okay naman. Pag dumaan lang talaga sa router di na nya makita.

Hindi siguro cable ang problem kasi yun ang gamit ko papunta ng modem to desktop ngayon.

I'm thinking it's a router problem or a setting problem.

I tried removing the internet cable from the router then inserted it on my desktop, okay naman, gumagana. Pag nilipat ko sa router then connect the router to the desktop, ayaw na. Di rin umiilaw yung kahit isa sa mga LED sa harap for the ethernet connection.

Ano kaya problem nito? :huh:

what u mean yaw? d ma connect sa router? or nakaconnect sa router na pero d makainternet?

if nakaconnect pero la internet, go to the properties tab ng local area connection mo then sa properties ng internet protocol (tcp/ip) tapos choose mo obtain ip address automatically and obtain dns server address automatically.

i just got this problem recently:

When I go to Yahoo Mail using Firefox, I got this error message:

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept

cookies.

I really don't understand what this means, because on the previous day, this was working.

Now when I tried to go to Yahoo Mail using IE7, ok naman cya...

Other things I also noticed was when I login to YM, all of my friends are Offline (But I know there are some na online talaga) then If I try to log-out, I still appear as online sa dun sa mga friends ko, pero sa SMS pumupunta yung messages. sabi nila, hindi naman daw "i'm on SMS" yung status ko...

How can I print a dos application/program in a usb printer. yung mga bagong pc ngayon wala nang parallel port so usb na.

i-direcho mo sa USB. e.g. type autoexec.bat > usb001

yung port where your printer is connected can be viewed via printers - ports.

what u mean yaw? d ma connect sa router? or nakaconnect sa router na pero d makainternet?

if nakaconnect pero la internet, go to the properties tab ng local area connection mo then sa properties ng internet protocol (tcp/ip) tapos choose mo obtain ip address automatically and obtain dns server address automatically.

+1 here. normally, home ISP routers are configured for access on DHCP. baka naka static IP ka.

i just got this problem recently:

When I go to Yahoo Mail using Firefox, I got this error message:

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept

cookies.

I really don't understand what this means, because on the previous day, this was working.

Now when I tried to go to Yahoo Mail using IE7, ok naman cya...

Other things I also noticed was when I login to YM, all of my friends are Offline (But I know there are some na online talaga) then If I try to log-out, I still appear as online sa dun sa mga friends ko, pero sa SMS pumupunta yung messages. sabi nila, hindi naman daw "i'm on SMS" yung status ko...

to to disable cookies in Firefox. and clear your cache first.

on YM, when did this happen? it happened to be too last week and i cannot communicate with my US counterpart and so did he. I learned that Yahoo has some problems with its servers last week.

to to disable cookies in Firefox. and clear your cache first.

on YM, when did this happen? it happened to be too last week and i cannot communicate with my US counterpart and so did he. I learned that Yahoo has some problems with its servers last week.

Works for me! thanks...