Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

thanks sir brutus. medyo bago pa yung asus netbook. mga 3months plang kaya palagay ko talaga windows may problem.

will tell wifey na subukan yung advise nyo.im actually abroad kaya wala rin akong magawa kundi tanggapin ang reklamo ni esmi..:(

3 months pa lang? if the netbook was bought from authorized reseller/dealer, the operating system is preloaded packaged. it should be genuine not unless DOS or no OS ang package niya at nagpa install lang ng OS somewhere else. Anyway, check the underside of the netbook if you can find a Certificate of Authenticity (sticker). Pag meron this means legal and genuine po and OS niya and the blank screen is possibly due to another problem. if that is the case, avail the warranty, bring the unit back.

3 months pa lang? if the netbook was bought from authorized reseller/dealer, the operating system is preloaded packaged. it should be genuine not unless DOS or no OS ang package niya at nagpa install lang ng OS somewhere else. Anyway, check the underside of the netbook if you can find a Certificate of Authenticity (sticker). Pag meron this means legal and genuine po and OS niya and the blank screen is possibly due to another problem. if that is the case, avail the warranty, bring the unit back.

i bought the netbook abroad with linux OS. pero ni format ko at pinalitan ng win7 then sent it to wifey dyan sa pinas.

i bought the netbook abroad with linux OS. pero ni format ko at pinalitan ng win7 then sent it to wifey dyan sa pinas.

yup might be the OS. if windows 7 fails the validation. the screen will turn black and there is this notification on the system tray that you might be a victim of counterfeit. that is for cracked win7 software. however, if the version you installed is legit but a trial-ware. after the trial period the OS will no longer be usable and you need to enter a valid product key to activate.

i have a poblem with my notebook....nag blue screen siya pag nag install ako ng bagong os.....

may service center ba ng gateway ba d2 sa pinas?

what type of code makikita mno sa blue screen? much better if you post what type din ng os you are trying to install and hardware specs mo.

yup might be the OS. if windows 7 fails the validation. the screen will turn black and there is this notification on the system tray that you might be a victim of counterfeit. that is for cracked win7 software. however, if the version you installed is legit but a trial-ware. after the trial period the OS will no longer be usable and you need to enter a valid product key to activate.

thanks for the input guys. problem solved. dinala na lang ni esmi sa sm, may kinausap na technician working from computer shops doon. format/ininstall-an na lng ng bagong win7 (copied din).wala namang important data, net surf at chatting lang gamit nya doon.yun ang hirap pag di techy, 500 daw sinigil sa kanya.no warranty.

mga bossing, patulong naman how to backdate a word document 2007.. Date created at modifiled.. Nasunbukan ko na yung pc time and date pero wala pa din..

salamat

:rolleyes:

have you ever tried:

1 - back date pc time and date (your desired created date for the doc)

2 - then open the target doc and save a new copy (the new copy will have the back date as date created)

3 - if you desire a different modified date. backdate the pc to target date and open the "new copy" and make modifications (kunwari) then save (now you have a backdated modified date)

• 1 month later...

I downloaded a file but when I wanted to delete it I kept getting this message:

"Cannot delete [filename]: It is being used by another person or program

Close any programs that might be using the file and try again"

This also shows up when I try to rename or archive the file. Anyone encounter this? What can I do to delete the file? Thanks.

Simple lang...Restart PC and then make sure na hindi ka connected sa Internet. Delete the file afterwards. Lumalabas yan kashit na simpleng window para sakanya naka-open (i.e. kung Word file na naka-open sa Word tapos ni-try mo delete habang naka-open sa Word.

• 3 weeks later...

good day mga sir

im planning to upgrade my video card (currently im using GT9600 inno 3d). any suggestion sa pwedeng ipamalit?

thanks

make sure na yung mother board mo e kayang i-support yung video card.baka kasi incompatible

im using yung PALIT..weird name, ok naman ang performance.

if you are targeting a game or waiting for a game to come up, research its required specs. example ako, im waiting for diablo 3, so i researched its recommended specs, dun ko binase yung binili ko

make sure na yung mother board mo e kayang i-support yung video card.baka kasi incompatible

im using yung PALIT..weird name, ok naman ang performance.

if you are targeting a game or waiting for a game to come up, research its required specs. example ako, im waiting for diablo 3, so i researched its recommended specs, dun ko binase yung binili ko

thanks sir sa advise. yes, inaantay ko din un diablo 3 pero kase un dati kong nilalaro like Call of Duty and NBA na dati ay smooth sailing ngyon kase nagiging slow motion na. pano ko malalaman kung compatible sir? kase ang motherboard ko is P35 NEO na MSI. not really sure kung compatible sa most na lumabas na video card ngyon.

• 1 month later...

Can someone help me with my little problem, my pc always restarts to a default time and date. I have changed the battery of the motherboard and did the "load optimized" option in bios but still when I boot it always roll back to the same problem. I have installed a new os (win7) pero ganun pa rin. thanks in advance

Can someone help me with my little problem, my pc always restarts to a default time and date. I have changed the battery of the motherboard and did the "load optimized" option in bios but still when I boot it always roll back to the same problem. I have installed a new os (win7) pero ganun pa rin. thanks in advance

Ang pagkakaalam ko dyan sir motherboard problem na yan pag ganyan kasi may na-experience na akong ganyan... sleep.gif

ah ganun ba sir vince. kala ko naman meron lang need gawin. cge sir maraming salamat sa info

It does not hurt to try to fix this problem by resetting the bios and checking the jumpers, which may be loose. Check for crisscross case wires and dust too that can create a ground.

There is an MSI user site, try to ask for help there. I was able to RMA my board after they recommended it. They got an office in QC for RMA or you can drop off your item to a store-distributor in a mall of your choice.

• 1 month later...

Just recently I can't seem to access Google.com, I always get the message

"Server Not Found ... Firefox can't find the server at www.google.com."

Also, while I can access Yahoo.com, whenever I try to do a search I get a similar message:

"Server not found ... Firefox can't find the server at search.yahoo.com".

The weird thing is that my laptop (connected via wireless router) doesn't have this problem. What could be happening?

• 2 weeks later...

Hope you guys can help me with my problem. My MSI GX620 laptop's DVD/CD-Rom drive isn't reading any discs. Prior to this issue, I was ripping my audio CDs and converting them to mp3s via iTunes. I ripped five or so CDs. And then afterwards when I inserted another CD, the drive did not read it. Initially I thought it was because it was an old CD kaya hindi binasa. I popped in a relatively newer CD and hindi pa rin binasa. I rebooted my laptop and relaunched iTunes. I tried another CD and it still won't read it. I tried Windows Media Player and it also wouldn't read it. The DVD/CD icon is there, it's just not reading any CDs. Help!

Hope you guys can help me with my problem. My MSI GX620 laptop's DVD/CD-Rom drive isn't reading any discs. Prior to this issue, I was ripping my audio CDs and converting them to mp3s via iTunes. I ripped five or so CDs. And then afterwards when I inserted another CD, the drive did not read it. Initially I thought it was because it was an old CD kaya hindi binasa. I popped in a relatively newer CD and hindi pa rin binasa. I rebooted my laptop and relaunched iTunes. I tried another CD and it still won't read it. I tried Windows Media Player and it also wouldn't read it. The DVD/CD icon is there, it's just not reading any CDs. Help!

• 4 weeks later...

mga mam and sir, help lang po.

need ko lang kasi ng sweeper for internet. actually, what i need is ung magchecheck ng hits sa net in case igoogle ung isang name.

may nagfake kasi ng products ng friend ko and gs2 namin maalis sya.

Thanks!

i'd say go with google analytics. i dont think its free but its worth it.

http://www.google.com/analytics/

looks like yer dvd is toast. buy a new one.

Just recently I can't seem to access Google.com, I always get the message

"Server Not Found ... Firefox can't find the server at www.google.com."

Also, while I can access Yahoo.com, whenever I try to do a search I get a similar message:

"Server not found ... Firefox can't find the server at search.yahoo.com".

The weird thing is that my laptop (connected via wireless router) doesn't have this problem. What could be happening?

so im thinking that this is a desktop, right? is this wired or wireless? honestly this could be anything from a virus (which redirects you to a different website) to a network connection problem (probably loose physical connection if you are wired or a driver problem on your NIC or wireless card if you have one).

or you might wanna try flashing your BIOS to the latest version aside from trying the other suggestions of the computer geeks here.

good day mga sir

im planning to upgrade my video card (currently im using GT9600 inno 3d). any suggestion sa pwedeng ipamalit?

thanks

Maraming pwedeng pamalit sa current video card mo but that depends on your preference. Pwedeng pamalit dyan either GTX460 or HD6870, make sure lang kaya ng PSU mo yung bagong video card (mind you these are only mid range GPUs) kung hanap mo naman is mas malakas pa dyan depende na yan sa budget mo. As for compatibility as long as may PCI-Express slot motherboard mo walang problema dyan.

Edited by cramer

Mga sir baka may makakasagot ng katanungan ko help ng kunti.. meron kasi akong pc desktop ang OS nya e japanese wala akong magawa sa pc ko kasi ayaw tumanggap ng mga english game may idea ba kau o option na pwede ko pang iinstall ang english game na d na kelangan mag reformat o bumili ng english OS?

(gusto ko sana malaro yung diablo 3)

salamat sa sasagot