Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

Mga sir baka may makakasagot ng katanungan ko help ng kunti.. meron kasi akong pc desktop ang OS nya e japanese wala akong magawa sa pc ko kasi ayaw tumanggap ng mga english game may idea ba kau o option na pwede ko pang iinstall ang english game na d na kelangan mag reformat o bumili ng english OS?

(gusto ko sana malaro yung diablo 3)

salamat sa sasagot

Sup men. I'm currently an L2 tech in a call center somewhere so I would know some stuff. ;)

As far as I know, di mo mapapalitan yung language nung OS mo coz magagawa mo lang yun kapag naka Win 7 Ultimate ka.

I would suggest doing an upgrade to W7 Ultimate or format>reinstall OS. HTH.

Kung branded desktop yan, check mo yung recovery disc. Possible na dalawa language nung OS English and Japanese. Since sa japan galing yan logical lang na japanese ang language na pinili nila, so if you want it in English try mo gamitin yung recovery disc for sure may English language yan na kasama. Sa pag kakaalam ko standard na sa mga recovery disc ang may 2 languages during installation depende sa preference ng user.

• 2 weeks later...

Beep Codes Error Codes

Some useful information .

Standard Original IBM POST Error Codes

Code Description

1 short beep System is OK

2 short beeps POST Error - error code shown on screen No beep Power supply or system board problem Continuous beep Power supply, system board, or keyboard problem Repeating short beeps Power supply or system board problem

1 long, 1 short beep System board problem

1 long, 2 short beeps Display adapter problem (MDA, CGA)

1 long, 3 short beeps Display adapter problem (EGA)

3 long beeps 3270 keyboard card

IBM POST Diagnostic Code Descriptions

Code Description

100 - 199 System Board

200 - 299 Memory

300 - 399 Keyboard

400 - 499 Monochrome Display

500 - 599 Colour/Graphics Display

600 - 699 Floppy-disk drive and/or Adapter

700 - 799 Math Coprocessor

900 - 999 Parallel Printer Port

1000 - 1099 Alternate Printer Adapter

1100 - 1299 Asynchronous Communication Device, Adapter, or Port

1300 - 1399 Game Port

1400 - 1499 Colour/Graphics Printer

1500 - 1599 Synchronous Communication Device, Adapter, or Port

1700 - 1799 Hard Drive and/or Adapter

1800 - 1899 Expansion Unit (XT)

2000 - 2199 Bisynchronous Communication Adapter

2400 - 2599 EGA system-board Video (MCA)

3000 - 3199 LAN Adapter

4800 - 4999 Internal Modem

7000 - 7099 Phoenix BIOS Chips

7300 - 7399 3.5" Disk Drive

8900 - 8999 MIDI Adapter

11200 - 11299 SCSI Adapter

21000 - 21099 SCSI Fixed Disk and Controller

21500 - 21599 SCSI CD-ROM System

AMI BIOS Beep Codes

Code Description

1 Short Beep System OK

2 Short Beeps Parity error in the first 64 KB of memory

3 Short Beeps Memory failure in the first 64 KB

4 Short Beeps Memory failure in the first 64 KB Operational of memory

or Timer 1 on the motherboard is not functioning

5 Short Beeps The CPU on the motherboard generated an error

6 Short Beeps The keyboard controller may be bad. The BIOS cannot switch to protected mode

7 Short Beeps The CPU generated an exception interrupt

8 Short Beeps The system video adapter is either missing, or its memory is faulty

9 Short Beeps The ROM checksum value does not match the value encoded in the BIOS

10 Short Beeps The shutdown register for CMOS RAM failed

11 Short Beeps The external cache is faulty

1 Long, 3 Short Beeps Memory Problems

1 Long, 8 Short Beeps Video Card Problems

Phoenix BIOS Beep Codes

Note - Phoenix BIOS emits three sets of beeps, separated by a brief pause.

Code Description

1-1-3 CMOS read/write failure

1-1-4 ROM BIOS checksum error

1-2-1 Programmable interval timer failure

1-2-2 DMA initialisation failure

1-2-3 DMA page register read/write failure

1-3-1 RAM refresh verification failure

1-3-3 First 64k RAM chip or data line failure

1-3-4 First 64k RAM odd/even logic failure

1-4-1 Address line failure first 64k RAM

1-4-2 Parity failure first 64k RAM

2-_-_ Faulty Memory

3-1-_ Faulty Motherboard

3-2-4 Keyboard controller Test failure

3-3-4 Screen initialisation failure

3-4-1 Screen retrace test failure

3-4-2 Search for video ROM in progress

4-2-1 Timer tick interrupt in progress or failure

4-2-2 Shutdown test in progress or failure

4-2-3 Gate A20 failure

4-2-4 Unexpected interrupt in protected mode

4-3-1 RAM test in progress or failure>ffffh

4-3-2 Faulty Motherboard

4-3-3 Interval timer channel 2 test or failure

4-3-4 Time of Day clock test failure

4-4-1 Serial port test or failure

4-4-2 Parallel port test or failure

4-4-3 Math coprocessor test or failure

Low 1-1-2 System Board select failure

Low 1-1-3 Extended CMOS RAM failure

very helpful indeed, thanks for this post!

Help Po ayaw po matanggal ng Malwarebytes ko ang Rotinom virus sa windows 7

Thanks in advance

Try to use a third party uninstaller like Revo or Funinstaller.

if may nagsend sa akin ng yahoo email, mabilis lang ba ma trace ang IP address at kung sino ang gumamit nun?

Technically, yes. You can definitely get the IP of where the email came from. You'll only have issues if the sender knows how to hide his/her tracks well. And also, though I'm not sure about cyber laws here in the Philippines, you might need to get a warrant to trace a person via their IP.

Try to use a third party uninstaller like Revo or Funinstaller.

Technically, yes. You can definitely get the IP of where the email came from. You'll only have issues if the sender knows how to hide his/her tracks well. And also, though I'm not sure about cyber laws here in the Philippines, you might need to get a warrant to trace a person via their IP.

does sending thru yahoo and thru google using the same computer gives you the same IP address? How does one gets an IP address? Is the IP address permanent for the same computer irregardless of server?

does sending thru yahoo and thru google using the same computer gives you the same IP address? How does one gets an IP address? Is the IP address permanent for the same computer irregardless of server?

question 1: possibly yes if you're internet is a bussiness account but even though IP address is changeable, MAC address isnt

question 2: ISP, but im not sure if they give dynamic IP address if you're a residential (PLDT/DIGITEL) or wireless (smart/globe/sun broadband) account

question3: base on my experience, if it's a wireless, it's hard to track down unlike other countries (although i havent check if there were a warrant, PLDT will give your location (via triangulation))

question 1: possibly yes if you're internet is a bussiness account but even though IP address is changeable, MAC address isnt

question 2: ISP, but im not sure if they give dynamic IP address if you're a residential (PLDT/DIGITEL) or wireless (smart/globe/sun broadband) account

question3: base on my experience, if it's a wireless, it's hard to track down unlike other countries (although i havent check if there were a warrant, PLDT will give your location (via triangulation))

1) Yes. You'll only get a different IP if you request for one or use a proxy. But do take note, if you are in a computer shop, no matter how many times you "kuya lipat PC," you'll still get the same IP because the shop is still just using one modem (though I've seen some shops use two).

2) evilson is correct. The ISP provides the IP address and it will depend on the package availed on whether you'll be getting a static or dynamic IP. Not sure with broadbands tho.

3) If I'm not mistaken, that will depend on a number of things. The settings on the computer itself, the network where it is connected, the server (if the computer is connected to one) and the ISP.

If you're in a computer shop, open command prompt, type in ipconfig, and it'll show you the IP address given by the LAN/router to your computer but if you go to www.whatismyip.com you'll get the IP assigned by your ISP.

For more info follow these links.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/how-does-a-computer-network-work.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_address

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

anyone here who's been affected by a german virus from YM?

i dont know what kind of german virus your talking about but try to scan it with antivirus so you can find what the exact name of the virus (example Win32:Kukacka) and find a remover in google

Mga sir baka may makakasagot ng katanungan ko help ng kunti.. meron kasi akong pc desktop ang OS nya e japanese wala akong magawa sa pc ko kasi ayaw tumanggap ng mga english game may idea ba kau o option na pwede ko pang iinstall ang english game na d na kelangan mag reformat o bumili ng english OS?

(gusto ko sana malaro yung diablo 3)

salamat sa sasagot

As of Japanese installed O/S, the best thing to do is to reformat the PC and install an English version of the O/S however, you need to consider the drivers needed. Based on my experience kasi, like PCs from Japan, di kasi compatible sa English versions yung iba hardware nila. I'm not sure if that applies to your PC though, depende na lang kasi sa brand.

• 2 weeks later...

MGA MASTERS, I need an advice or some general or even first hand knowledge about this one, recently i got robbed in my office, dumaan ata sa bintana yung magnanakaw kasi walang force entry sa main door...anyhow....whats really concern me is the data in my laptop, it has a original windows OS, three account on my windows, two admin one guest, one admin is not password protected the other is password protected, the admin which is not admin protected cannot access the files in admin with password....ano ba usually modus operandi ng mga magnanakaw ng laptop.....once they get my laptop do they format it immediately to sell? kalkalin ang files? or any tips about this matter...thanks in advance please do pitch in.

• 2 weeks later...

post-158875-0-71960100-1340286997.jpg

guys, pa help lang po, everytime i play a game, or minsan nag susurf lang ako ng net, bigla na lang nags-stuck un pc ko then when i restart my pc, this error message will occur, can anyone help? please pm me cause i rarely open mtc, thank you in advance.

bro it look like you have a HARD DRIVE problem.....