Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

if your lappy is wifi ready, then you dont need to install anything ...

just right-click My Network Places on your desktop, select Open ...

from the left-nav panel, click View Network Connection ...

yup...

and to add, make sure that your notebooks wifi is on. some laptops have this switch where you can turn-on/off your w-lan card.

continuing from what james said,

after you open view network connection, double-click the icon of the access router that you would want to connect to. some routers have WEP keys that you need to know before you can gain access, some have none (or open-shared).

your wlan card will connect to that router, and may message na lalabas na "connected." you're good to go.

sir im using laptop po...any other suggestions po..maraming salamat

if you are using a laptop, try to see if the settings within the game match the settings or lower nung video ng laptop mo.

done that kaso ayaw pa rin di kaya motherboard kz 3 yrs na rin board ko?

does it have a beeping sound when you turn it on ?

please be attentive to the beeping sound and compare it with the list provided below and you'll know what causes the problem....

No Beeps:

Short, No power, Bad CPU/MB, Loose Peripherals

One Beep:

Everything is normal and Computer POSTed fine

Two Beeps:

POST/CMOS Error

One Long Beep, One Short Beep:

Motherboard Problem

One Long Beep, Two Short Beeps:

Video Problem

One Long Beep, Three Short Beeps:

Video Problem

Three Long Beeps:

Keyboard Error

Repeated Long Beeps:

Memory Error

Continuous Hi-Lo Beeps:

CPU Overheating

naka encounter na kayo ng barsaka chuva ek ek??? :sleepysmiley03:

virus/spyware/trojan ba ito?

tiningnan ko kasi sa regedit at ginawan ko ng screenshot.

nakakapagduda lang kasi siya eh di ba?

tapos everytime na reboot/restart ng pc, naka open na yung window ng mydocuments.

harmful ba tong barsaka na ito? so far kasi, di (pa) naman ako nakaka encounter ng mabagal na internet connection.

also, may nakakaalam ba sa inyo kung paano ba tanggalin ito? o reformat na lang ang katapat nito?

post-69965-1208030563.jpg

i bought a wireless router from cdrking.could someone please help in setting up the configurations? I can detect the modem but I cant seem to connect to the internet..

sayans nawala mga replies.....

if you are using windows xp, give give the olde connection wizard a shot. be mindful that the program is very particular to the network name and computer name that you will assign so be consistent with those.

the router you are using have its own literature. it is probably worth reading as most of these thingies have different ways to install themselves.

tapos everytime na reboot/restart ng pc, naka open na yung window ng mydocuments.

harmful ba tong barsaka na ito? so far kasi, di (pa) naman ako nakaka encounter ng mabagal na internet connection.

also, may nakakaalam ba sa inyo kung paano ba tanggalin ito? o reformat na lang ang katapat nito?

mukhang ok lang daw iyan, sabi sa ibang spyware/antivirus forums....

sirs questions lang po. Kasi yung friend ko po, nakakaexperience ng pixelated na screen po . Nung una sa games lang then eventually kahit naka idle lang po sa desktop. Nasisira po yung image tapos naghahang na daw po siya. What could be the problem? I suggested updating the drivers pero parang hindi naman po relevant e. Is this some sort of hardware issue po? Tapos hindi po siya nagbboot up agad kapag nangyari ang ganun.

Specs po niya is amd x2 4200 2gb ram vista 64bit 8500gt

bros & mtc members. i need a programmer for our website to create & design a creative company or sponsor profile using XML & flashmedia or related devt software. This start up company wants to meet w/ you initially. pls PM me. asap. thank you po

From my experience, any entries on RUN with explorer.exe are viruses. Try removing and see if it comes back, if it does, your definitely infected. Downloading Kaspersky Internet Security on Anti-Virus from www.kaspersky.com

Hi,

Here is my scenario:

I am trying to install XP PRO in my computer with my NEW. I have a dual core Intel Pentium 4 3.0 and an asus motherboard, 128MB video card, 200GB hard drive and 2GB RAM. I have a licenced XP Pro CD. While attempting to install XP in my computer while in the setup window I received a notification saying: Setup cannot copy the file: kodac_dc.icm. I hit enter to retry and another notifications appear. After I retry and ignore the files that can not copied with the installation. Fortunately, I finished the setup, but if I installed any program like the office and antivirus it won't install. There's file that is missing. I also tried re-installing my old pc and it work fine. but in my new computer there are files that can not copied from the setup menu. Waht else should Ive done wrong?

I appreacites what help comes my way.

Peace

sir james bandido and sir google thanks for the replies...

isa pa pong tanong... :)

bumili po kami ng bagong desktop, tapos napansin ko yung drive c: nya is yung built in na card reader tapos drive d: yung dvd drive then drive e: yung hd.

pano po ba baguhin yung drive specs... meaning yung hd ang magiging drive c: d: e: f:(kasi po naka partition sa 4 yung hd) then g: yung card reader then h: yung dvd drive.

and also kapag binago ko po ba yun kelangan i install ng panibago yung OS?

thanks...

Hi,

Here is my scenario:

I am trying to install XP PRO in my computer with my NEW. I have a dual core Intel Pentium 4 3.0 and an asus motherboard, 128MB video card, 200GB hard drive and 2GB RAM. I have a licenced XP Pro CD. While attempting to install XP in my computer while in the setup window I received a notification saying: Setup cannot copy the file: kodac_dc.icm. I hit enter to retry and another notifications appear. After I retry and ignore the files that can not copied with the installation. Fortunately, I finished the setup, but if I installed any program like the office and antivirus it won't install. There's file that is missing. I also tried re-installing my old pc and it work fine. but in my new computer there are files that can not copied from the setup menu. Waht else should Ive done wrong?

I appreacites what help comes my way.

Peace

have you tried swapping the cd drives of your old and new computer ? since you mentioned that the installer worked fine in the old machine and has errors reading the disk in the newer one ...

sir james bandido and sir google thanks for the replies...

isa pa pong tanong... :)

bumili po kami ng bagong desktop, tapos napansin ko yung drive c: nya is yung built in na card reader tapos drive d: yung dvd drive then drive e: yung hd.

pano po ba baguhin yung drive specs... meaning yung hd ang magiging drive c: d: e: f:(kasi po naka partition sa 4 yung hd) then g: yung card reader then h: yung dvd drive.

and also kapag binago ko po ba yun kelangan i install ng panibago yung OS?

thanks...

1. open CONTROL PANEL, double click ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS, start COMPUTER MANAGEMENT

2. from the left nav tree, select DISK MANAGEMENT

3. on the main window screen, select any drive and right click, select CHANGE DRIVE LETTER

4. and your off !!! hehehe ...

oh, and no need to re-install, a clean reboot after reassigning the drive letters will be just fine.

Edited by james_bandido

I tried swapping the cd drives, i also trued swapping memory, still doest work..

have you tried swapping the cd drives of your old and new computer ? since you mentioned that the installer worked fine in the old machine and has errors reading the disk in the newer one ...

1. open CONTROL PANEL, double click ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS, start COMPUTER MANAGEMENT

2. from the left nav tree, select DISK MANAGEMENT

3. on the main window screen, select any drive and right click, select CHANGE DRIVE LETTER

4. and your off !!! hehehe ...

oh, and no need to re-install, a clean reboot after reassigning the drive letters will be just fine.

I own an Icafe shop and not using a timer software. My problem is all of my PC runs on admin account due to frequent patch of Online games now some custumers downloads Limewire then downloads some songs on it the issue is it slows down my network. How do I disable the unwanted installation of these softwares on my computer? Can you discuss it step by step so that I can disable it.

Thanks