Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

hope you can help me out on this.....what is a trojan horse virus? how do i end up with it? how do i solved the problem " internet hang " due to torjan horse virus? i have a AVG - anti virus protector....caught a lot it 2 days ago and put it in a vault then i delete it...somehow it keeps coming back..........what should i do? maybe the virus is causing my internet to hang.... :blush:

Same here! only avast detected it ...and to think i had the norton a.v. licensed version pa!

And it keeps on coming back at my system restore points....

Mine's a win 32 trojan horse....

any suggestions? many thanks!

good pm !

i duno if im in the right thred...

just want to ask lang po kung sino familiar with delrina fax software??? meron pa bang ganun???

thanks

it's a fax software that usually came bundled with usrobotics (now 3com) modems. afaik delrina, the company, was later bought out by norton in the mid- to late-90s. you'd only need a software like this if your os is win98 or lower. winXP & vista already have built-in fax capability, though it doesn't install by default.

Same here! only avast detected it ...and to think i had the norton a.v. licensed version pa!

And it keeps on coming back at my system restore points....

Mine's a win 32 trojan horse....

any suggestions? many thanks!

usually before scanning any virus/trojan infected PC, dapat off niyo muna system restore niyo. nasama kasi sa system restore points yung virus/trojan nong gumawa ng point yung OS.

i suggest download trojan remover from

http://www.simplysup.com/

then DL niyo rin yung update niya. install/update and then reboot. during boot magpa fast-scan yun and made detect niya yung malicious program na nagra run during bootup. OK naman yan kahit trial for 30 days. if i can find the cracked version i'll post it here

What seems to be the problem when i can't erase any file i want to erase in a drive??

I have 1 hardrive which i partition into 4 parts which is Drive C: D: E: and F: with F: being my system drive. My problem is Drive C: .. It seems to go haywire and i can't erase anything in it..

This is the message that I get

"Error deleting file or folder.."

" cannot find the specified path, make sure you specified the correct path"

hello sirs and madams, just wanted to seek your help regarding an apparent virus in my laptop. it gives the following error:

"Attrib.exe No Disk"

btw, im using Bitdefender 2008, it doesnt recognize this error as a virus. any recommended antivirus system? thanks in advance.

Spyware

try using spybot search and destroy..

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html

this problem may be due to "alecks.vbs"

its some sort or worm virus infecting removable drives and drive c:

it cannot be detected by any known anti virus presently

madali naman malaman if infected ka with this...

1. every time na mag boot ka, pagstart ng windows.. may lalabas na black box sa for a very brief moment..it looks like a command prompt windows..

2. every time na may ipapasok ka na removable drive specialy kung card reader paulit ulit lalabas un msg box saying "ATTRIB.EXE No Disk"

3. to make sure na infected ka na nga try going to your local drive (c:\) open folder options, show hidden files, then untick hide system files.. dun mo makikita if infected ka, 3 files to look for.. alecks.vbs, alecks.bat, alecks.reg

removal instructions:

1. look for the files specified

2. download Noob_Killer by leerz

3. open Noob_killer

goto AutoFix..then Advance

type in "alecks.vbs" in the filename and "alecks" in the registry entry

click ok

thats the easy way..

or you can manually remove it by opening your registry

search for "alecks" then delete all entries

search for "wscript.exe" then delete all entries

after doing that..

search for the file in c: then delete them

usually before scanning any virus/trojan infected PC, dapat off niyo muna system restore niyo. nasama kasi sa system restore points yung virus/trojan nong gumawa ng point yung OS.

then DL niyo rin yung update niya. install/update and then reboot. during boot magpa fast-scan yun and made detect niya yung malicious program na nagra run during bootup. OK naman yan kahit trial for 30 days. if i can find the cracked version i'll post it here

Thanks! I'll try it later....

Thanks! I'll try it later....

bro, before you clean up your pc you were experiencing any problem with the unit? i suspect nag off or hang na siya and when you checked madumi yun fans ng processor and blowers etc. malaki chance nag crash na motherboard mo when it overheated. get professional help for diagnostics.

any beeps or sound when you powered up? Those beeps will give you clues on what's wrong with your PC.

i never had any problems using smartbro and rapidshare at home ...

but my friend had one ... and he even showed it to me coz ayaw ko maniwala sa kanya ...

pag pasok nya sa rapidshare to download a file, nandun yung message na "you cannot download since your ip is currently downloading ek-ek" ...

nakakapagtaka kasi kaka-boot up pa lang namin at wala naman syang dina-download at that time ...

alam ko pwede mangyari ang ganitong instance pag nasa opisina ka since lahat kayo isang outside ip lang ang gamit ...

ano comments nyo ?

magkaiba kami ng ip add, magkaiba kami ng location eh ...

unfortunately, swerte ko yata at malas ng kaibigan ko ...

i just found out na shared ip ang gamit ng smartbro ...

naghahati daw sa iisang ip ang mga subscribers (per area) sa isang AP/basestation ...

anyway, thnx po ...

That's true. SMART Bro-ken uses a single IP per AP/basestation. If you can, just try and setup a proxy server for you to use. :headsetsmiley:

help.. My widows xp shows "analyzing network media type" always on start up .. it gets to about 5o then goes to a black screen.. how do i fix this problem? :(

thanks all

try this,

open my computer...got to tools...goto folder options...choose "view tab" then deselect "automatic search for network forlders..."

i'm not sure if that will help...try it out though

try this,

open my computer...got to tools...goto folder options...choose "view tab" then deselect "automatic search for network forlders..."

i'm not sure if that will help...try it out though

actually, my pc wont be able to get that far for me to do that. I cant even start in safe mode.

actually, my pc wont be able to get that far for me to do that. I cant even start in safe mode.

check your bios settings...

it might have been changed to boot to a network device...

or..your harddisk is not working anymore...

check the hierarchy of boot device..if the harddrive is first..then network drive..its bypassing the harddrive..which could indicate a problem with your harddrive..thats why its trying to boot from the network...

check your bios settings...

it might have been changed to boot to a network device...

or..your harddisk is not working anymore...

check the hierarchy of boot device..if the harddrive is first..then network drive..its bypassing the harddrive..which could indicate a problem with your harddrive..thats why its trying to boot from the network...

thanks! i'll try that

help.. My widows xp shows "analyzing network media type" always on start up .. it gets to about 5o then goes to a black screen.. how do i fix this problem? :(

thanks all

if its all black screen and all and it never goes to the common windowsXP startup screen, you've got multiple options to check. try the following:

1. If you haven't modified your BIOS or CMOS setting, try opening up your CPU's casing and check for loose connections between the hard drive and the motherboard and vice versa. Press firmly all wire connections on the hard drive and motherboard connections.

2. Check the CMOS settings via the boot priority option/tab and change it to prioritize the hard drive first.
  3. Reset the CMOS by altering the position of the CMOS reset switch which is commonly located near the battery or labelled as such.
  4. If you have a windows XP CD-ROM, try booting up using the CD. Access the hard drive thru it. This way of diagnosing and checking is usually a bit technical so if you have less experience in repairing a system file using this way, try not to because it will cause you more problems than fixing wats already on hand.
  5. If else failed to bring back your system to startup normally, I guess you've got no choice but to ask a professional help.

Edited by ilb4u2nyt
Guest Leviticus
mga sir im playing battle for middle earth,i am using more than the system requirements pero ang bagal parin,i already tried defraging pero bagal p rin,mga sir advice naman po pls..tnx in advanced

open up your cpu and check your video card if it's attached correctly to the motherboard

mga bossing ano po ba ang overclocking at para saan ito? in laymans term po...

TIA

from Wikipedia (i think, this is layman's term na).

Overclocking is the process of forcing a computer component to run at a higher clock rate than it was designed for or was designated by the manufacturer, usually practiced by personal computer enthusiasts in order to increase the performance of their computers. Some of them purchase low-end computer components which they then overclock to higher speeds, or overclock high-end components to attain levels of performance beyond the default factory settings. Others overclock outdated components to keep pace with new system requirements, rather than purchasing new hardware products as expected by the computer industry.[1]