Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

I have a problem..

recently i have downloaded a full length movie but media player only recognizes 24 secs of it... codec check with video inspector reveals that all necessary codecs have been installed... what seems to be the problem on why media player won't recognize the whole length of the movie??

i have downloaded vlc player and it seems to correct the situation. What seems to be the problem with media player???

My other problem is i want to convert the video into dvd format and nero vision won't recognize the whole length of the file. convertxtodvd has converted the video but with no sound .. what other options do i have to convert the video complete with sounds???

what other converter can you suggest....???

please help ..

I have a problem..

recently i have downloaded a full length movie but media player only recognizes 24 secs of it... codec check with video inspector reveals that all necessary codecs have been installed... what seems to be the problem on why media player won't recognize the whole length of the movie??

i have downloaded vlc player and it seems to correct the situation. What seems to be the problem with media player???

My other problem is i want to convert the video into dvd format and nero vision won't recognize the whole length of the file. convertxtodvd has converted the video but with no sound .. what other options do i have to convert the video complete with sounds???

what other converter can you suggest....???

please help ..

media player have a lot of problem with third party codec so I suggest not to use the media player playing movies that are not supported media player..installing codec might work but it will still give you some trouble..

convertion to dvd depends on the recording of the file...if the file was from an analog device u should play it with ur dvd player on analog mode...playing it on digital mode will not give you any sound.. for the original recording is analog...

MTC bros. Off topic ito, cant find the right topic forum. i would like to set up a microphone set/ sound system using the PC to capture audio/sound files and record of meeting, hearings and conference for a small group of people like 11 persons. pls PM me for details. thank you.

I have a netgear wg111 usb wireless adapter for my deskstop (p4/motherboard circa 2002/winxp). After a month it start behaving erratically, from time to time it stopped working and that my PC don't recognize/ detect my USB (even if the driver is already loaded). The adapter works fine with my laptop.

Apparently it is a common problem for this product but Iam still wondering what's causing the problem. I can't return the product and that the compny's website is no help either (same question was posted on their site but so far no clean cut answer).

Your help will be very much appreciated.

I have a netgear wg111 usb wireless adapter for my deskstop (p4/motherboard circa 2002/winxp). After a month it start behaving erratically, from time to time it stopped working and that my PC don't recognize/ detect my USB (even if the driver is already loaded). The adapter works fine with my laptop.

Apparently it is a common problem for this product but Iam still wondering what's causing the problem. I can't return the product and that the compny's website is no help either (same question was posted on their site but so far no clean cut answer).

Your help will be very much appreciated.

to check if it is the device which has a problem, try to test it using a different laptop. if the same problem persists, then you do not have any choice except to get a new WLAN adapter.

another problem:

the pc won't boot after a long time being off.

but after a few on/off cycles, it will successfully boot.

what gives?

question... how long have you encountered this? have you installed a software/an application prior to this instance?

my suspect is a DLL conflict.

the monitor display changes brightness (and colors too) during use.

is this a sign of a bad vc or monitor?

thanks in advance!

its both a sign of either.

how long have you been using both components?

have you tried using your monitor on a different CPU with same results? if it is, then its your monitor, otherwise, its your VC.

hello po.. may error message po saking pc.. kagabi lang, nung pag on ko ng PC ko, nag rurun na yung windows xp professional, tapos after nun, imbes na lumabas yung textbox kung san ka maglalagay ng user name at password, mag rerestart lang siya bigla

after magrestart, may lumabas na sa screen

' a disk read error occured

press ctrl+alt+del to restart'

after ko gawin yung pagrestart, same message parin lumalabas..

pls help me :(

question... how long have you encountered this? have you installed a software/an application prior to this instance?

my suspect is a DLL conflict.

i don't think its software-related.

what puzzles me is that if the cpu has been on for a long time it would boot.

if it starts from a "cold state" then the problem presents itself again.

hello po.. may error message po saking pc.. kagabi lang, nung pag on ko ng PC ko, nag rurun na yung windows xp professional, tapos after nun, imbes na lumabas yung textbox kung san ka maglalagay ng user name at password, mag rerestart lang siya bigla

after magrestart, may lumabas na sa screen

' a disk read error occured

press ctrl+alt+del to restart'

after ko gawin yung pagrestart, same message parin lumalabas..

pls help me :(

corrupt Win XP installation. try to do a repair using your XP CD. probably caused by a virus, a worm, a spyware or electrical fluctuation.