Guest buru_tus
an asus a3 pentium M notebook last sunday

saw this one

great specs

with a built in cam

but a bit pricey for me, 89,900

kung included sana yung 3months subscription sa PLDT WEROAM ok

I'll stick with my 2yr old ACER ASPIRE 2001 muna

Ang arte ko naman at baka off-topic na ito. Pero mga bro and sis, i am just being technical about it, hoping to initiate understanding of the terms "conveyance" and "gadget". Dun sa mga maa-asar o mako-cornihan for whatever reason...my apologies. Heto yung simple research ko. Dalawang sources lang...

1) Sabi ng Wikipedia... A gadget or gazza is a device that has a useful specific practical purpose and function. Gadgets tend to be more unusual or cleverly designed than normal technology. In some circles the distinction between a gadget and a gizmo is that a gizmo has moving parts, whereas a gadget need not have them. For example, a nifty digital watch would be a gadget, while an analog watch would be a gizmo.

therefore: a car may be considered more as a gizmo than a gadget, if we were to force ourselves along that argument;

2) Sabi naman ni Webster... "an often small mechanical or electronic device with a practical use but often thought of as a novelty"

therefore: generally, a car may not be considered as a gadget because of its size

Pero, siguro a matter of usage lang yan. Basta nagkakaintindihan. Sabi nga ni The Russian Mafia: “i think that is the same…”

Anyway, I go along with Russian Mafia's thought: necessity ba o luxury? The answer is Both! So, subjective siya. Kc necessity for one may already be a luxury to another and vice-versa. Sa akin, it will always be a conveyance unless I win the LOTTO jackpot. O sa Deal? Or No deal?  :D

I guess all that is true from a certain perspective. After all, one *can* really get to the point of deciding that a car (any car, of any price or feature set) is a decided luxury, especially in locales where one can pretty much get from Point A to Point B via other means.

In that sense, my initial comment was predicated on this:

Given a choice of vehicles, at roughly the same price-point and total cost-of-ownership, would you prefer to get a car that has more 'gadgets' (or gizmos) than the one that doesn't? And if the former, would that then qualify your car as essentially a gadget (or gizmo) since that was the deciding factor?

Examples of gadgets/gizmos that can be had in cars (built-in/factory-installed as opposed to after-market or portable devices):

- GPS Navigation (voice-activated or touch-screen)

- Bluetooth connectivity (voice-activated, hands-free access to your bluetooth-enabled phone)

- DVD entertainment systems

- Air-conditioned seats (yup, they make 'em)

- Reclining/Massaging passenger seats (ditto)

- Multiple power outlets for sundry portable electronics

- Rear-view cameras

- Sonar parking sensors

- Radar distance monitors (for automated disance-keeping while on cruise control)

- Lane departure monitors

- Swiveling headlights

- Infrared cameras

- Rain-sensing wipers

- etc etc etc

I gave in and ordered a Zen Creative Micro Photo MP3 player 2 weeks ago. When I got it, I returned it and exchanged it for a Zen Creative Sleek Photo (same price, more storage) -- that one I havent received from Creative and UPS yet :D

• 1 month later...

Made in China portable HDD Player. It's a 2.5" hard disk external enclosure which comes with USB attachment to connect to your laptop or desktop so u can use it to store MP3, WMA, MPEG and DivX files, or even VOB files ripped from DVDs. You can then use it to play music or video files even without a PC by connecting it to a monitor or TV. Operates with AC/DC adapter or battery pack (4 X AAA) and comes with remote control. (P4,500 for HDD Player + P4,200 for 2.5" hard disk)

I gave in and ordered a Zen Creative Micro Photo MP3 player 2 weeks ago. When I got it, I returned it and exchanged it for a Zen Creative Sleek Photo (same price, more storage) -- that one I havent received from Creative and UPS yet :D

That's a good buy ms. W! Creative products are better priced than the iPod.

Ako, I just got a R/C helicopter on ebay! Wala magawa eh! Trip lang! Paliparin ko inside the house and maybe sa park!

SE K800i

Got it with the help of a friend. I paid 50% cash and the rest was charged to his plastic swipe card. I will pay him monthly @ 0%.

Not yet used to it since I owned only Nokia Mobiles.

Initial impressions:

Ups:

Very clear voices

Nice to use as a music player using the supplied earphone

Great Camera (Digicam in disguise) with xenon flash too

Very nice screen resolution

Downs:

My unit did not come with a Micro Memory

The cost of a 512 MB card is equivalent to an brand new entry lever cell phone unit.. .ouch

Finally Got my self a Laptop

Asus A6Ja

* CPU: T2300 Core Duo (1.66 GHz)

* RAM: 1GB DDR2 667MHz

* HD: 80 GB 5400 RPM

* GPU: ATI Radeon X1600 (256MB dedicated + 256MB shared)

* Screen: 15.4 WXGA (1280 x 800)

* Battery: 6-cell lithium ion

* Weight: 2.8kg

* Wireless : Integrated Wireless 802.11a/b/g (Mini-PCI), plus integrated Bluetooth

* Ports: 1 DVI Port, 5 Universal Serial Bus (USB 2.0), 1 IEEE-1394 (Firewire), TV-Out (S-video), 1 Infrared Port, 1 Headphone-out jack (SPDIF), 1 Microphone in, 1 RJ-11 (modem), 1 Expansion Port 2 Connector, 1 RJ-45 (LAN), 1 x VGA port/Mini D-sub 15-pin for external monitor, 1 Express Card, 1 SIR-115.2Kbps supported, 4-in-1 built-in card reader (SD/MMC/MS/MS PRO)

Works great, Im playing Oblivion IV on it with high settings!!!!

IMITATION OAKLEY THUMP V1.0

1GB MEM

MP3 PLAYER

THUMB DRIVE

VERY COOL!

DOWNSIDE:ITS CHINA MADE (U KNOW WHAT I MEAN)

PERO CONSIDERING THE PRICE ITS THE BEST BUY EVER. (PARANG 90% OFF COMPARED SA ORIGINAL)

;)

OT: pre. san mo nabili yan? kamusta yung sound quality nya compared sa original? magkano? appreciate information. thanks.