Latest Gadgets U Have Bought ?

a 6630 one month ago.

a 256 MB RS-MMC one month ago.

a 128 MB XFree MP3 player last week (i will just use this when i am working out. masyadong malaki yung ipod ko eh.)

an onkyo sound2go speaker case (for my ipod) - last week

a battery charger and 4 AAA rechargable batteries - last week.

after being held up twice, I said to myself that I'm not going to buy a new phone...well,I'm eating my words...hehehe...

I bought a Sony K600i. cheap but it has enough features to satisfy me. I don't care too much about it's memory coz I have my separate mp3 player and cam anyway. :thumbsupsmiley:

any suggestions ofor a budget ;aptop mga dudes? mga 40k budget ko e

for 40k you can get an acer entry level laptop. usually it comes with an intel celeron processor of 1.6 gHz, memory of 256mb RAM, 40gb hdd, 13inch tft screen vga, cdr/rw drive, modem 56kbbps, video card with 128mb (if ur lucky), probably with bluetooth and 5-1 card reader as options. i'm not sure what model it is, but usually ur best bet is an acer (for ur budget). but dont expect much. this will suit ur ms-ofc needs and internet and pretty much the basic stuff. plus acer has a good aftersales svc. not intended for multimedia or gaming. bottomline if u want a decent laptop that will save u from upgrading for the next few years, u have to shell out at least 80-90k for that. and for seroius, no-nonsense, do-it-all, in-ur-face, uber-laptop get urself a Vaio-A4. unfortunately it will cost u an arm and a leg plus a kidney... about 180k the last time i checked.

i hope this helps!

btw, there are some unknown-made-in-china laptops that u may want to check out. but i would recommend u buying a branded one for their after sales service and extended warranties (peace of mind bro)

• 3 weeks later...
When does a car cross the line from a conveyance to a gadget?  :D

i think that is the same as:

1. getting a car for necessity and getting a car for luxury. same as getting a jaguar, and using it everyday... that is luxury... or getting an altis, and also using it everyday... now that is necessity. or;

2. buying an original Calvin Klein brief and getting a Hanford brief. Both are briefs and they do the same purpose..

but of course, if you are rich and money is no object, then everything is living in necessity. but if you are a wage earner and you do the things i've enumerated above, then everything else is living in luxury.

in short, it depends on you and your socio-economic class.

• 2 weeks later...

Nokia N70. Office-issued not bought. It sucks because it is relatively slow (booting and accessing the menu window from the default window) compared to most cell phones I have seen. But I like its camera. Oo nga pala, okay lang pala if it is slow kasi mabagal din ako mag-text hehehe. 'Tanda na eh!

latest gadgets i've bought...

a) bought last monday..a canon poweshot A430. as a backup to my Canon EOS 350D (masyadong bulky, di ko pwedeng dalahin everyday).

B) bought yesterday.. an Apacer 256 MB DV-RS MMC, for my XDA Mini.

c) also bought yesterday.. an Apacer 1GB CF-Card, for my Canon EOS 350D.

A car classified as a gadget? Hmm...? Does size have something to do with it? Teka...mahirap yata sagutin yung tanong. Consult ko lang wikipedia. Babalikan ko thread na ito...

Ang arte ko naman at baka off-topic na ito. Pero mga bro and sis, i am just being technical about it, hoping to initiate understanding of the terms "conveyance" and "gadget". Dun sa mga maa-asar o mako-cornihan for whatever reason...my apologies. Heto yung simple research ko. Dalawang sources lang...

1) Sabi ng Wikipedia... A gadget or gazza is a device that has a useful specific practical purpose and function. Gadgets tend to be more unusual or cleverly designed than normal technology. In some circles the distinction between a gadget and a gizmo is that a gizmo has moving parts, whereas a gadget need not have them. For example, a nifty digital watch would be a gadget, while an analog watch would be a gizmo.

therefore: a car may be considered more as a gizmo than a gadget, if we were to force ourselves along that argument;

2) Sabi naman ni Webster... "an often small mechanical or electronic device with a practical use but often thought of as a novelty"

therefore: generally, a car may not be considered as a gadget because of its size

Pero, siguro a matter of usage lang yan. Basta nagkakaintindihan. Sabi nga ni The Russian Mafia: “i think that is the same…”

Anyway, I go along with Russian Mafia's thought: necessity ba o luxury? The answer is Both! So, subjective siya. Kc necessity for one may already be a luxury to another and vice-versa. Sa akin, it will always be a conveyance unless I win the LOTTO jackpot. O sa Deal? Or No deal? :D