What's Your Video Card?

@kjota198

What I'm worried kasi is that Im only using an AMDXP 2600+ Ghz processor. My plan is to buy the 6600 GT and 1 gb ram sana. Do you think everything is gonna be ok? and with regards to my mobo... model is Asus A7N8X-X. Di kaya ma bottleneck? Thanks for the reply in advance!

@kjota198

What I'm worried kasi is that Im only using an AMDXP 2600+ Ghz processor. My plan is to buy the 6600 GT and 1 gb ram sana. Do you think everything is gonna be ok? and with regards to my mobo... model is Asus A7N8X-X. Di kaya ma bottleneck? Thanks for the reply in advance!

In addition, I'm planning to buy the game "Battlefield 1942". Do you think this is enough to suffice the graphic requirements of the game? Will the game be smooth and graphics fair enough? Parang its really cool to play it online kasi :)

Can't give you an sure answer whether it will be bottlenecked. Ask cheese he's knows more ^_^

What do you think cheesekeso?

Can't give you an sure answer whether it will be  bottlenecked. Ask cheese he's knows more ^_^

What do you think cheesekeso?

nye :D I only know due to experience :D

Anyway, are you talking about BF2? Cuz if you are...

IMO it seems it'll be a bottleneck. Battlefield is a very demanding game, although not as demanding as FEAR. One good thing that you should know about is that the larger mem module you have seems to have significant boosts in performance in BF2. However, your choke point is the proc, hopefully, you have the Tbred A Barton 2600+ so you can overclock it (or, you can also turn your Barton into a Barton Mobile, which WAS one of the best overclocking procs before :D)

Also remember that your proc is an XP series, and some mobos only have DDR 266 or 333 support. :D Those things are your major concern, but nothing to be crying about :D I suggest, when playing online, keep the res and image quality to low to keep a good framerate, close some unwanted background programs while you're at it (ym for example :D), and don't worry much, the lag is often caused by your dsl or the server which you're playing at. :D

Hi again! I think my mobo supports DDR 400 po. Below are the specs of the mobo that I have. Can you check please if this is good enough =)

Asus A7N8X-X

(Page 1 of 5 )

Asus is the top manufacturer of motherboards in the world. They make retail motherboards as well as OEM boards for OEM companies like Hewlett Packard... Asus now aims at lower budget consumers, thus the production of the Asus A7N8X-X. Based on the nForce2 chipset, Asus strips the original board of some features and sells it at an affordable price.

Introduction

Asus is the top manufacturer of motherboards in the world. They make retail motherboards as well as OEM boards for OEM companies like Hewlett Packard. My old Hewlett Packard was powered by an OEM Asus motherboard and the Intel Pentium III processor. The performance and reliability of an Asus motherboard is top notch. They never fail to satisfy their consumers. Visiting forum to forum and looking around computer stores, I have realized that the many buyers choose Asus motherboards. From socket 370 to socket A to socket 478, Asus has a top performing board that will surely impress its user. Heck, I still have my Asus CUSL2 Black Pearl that's running a Pentium III 550. It overclocks like a champ! With such a great performance comes a great price. Not all Asus motherboards are cheap. The A7N8X Deluxe v2.0 and the P4C800 Deluxe are quite expensive. Asus now aims at lower budget consumers, thus the production of the Asus A7N8X-X. Based on the nForce2 chipset, Asus strips the original board of some features and sells it at an affordable cost.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Asus A7N8X-X Specifications:

The A7N8X-X is a stripped down version of the A7N8X Deluxe. It has NO dual channel support, no firewire support, no SATA controllers, no second ethernet jack, and no SoundStorm Dolby Digital Audio.

Processor

AMD Athlon XP Processors

AMD Athlon Processors

AMD Duron Processors

200/266/333/400 MHz System Data Bus

Chipset

nVIDIA nForce2 400

nVIDIA nForce2 MCP

Memory

3 DDR DIMM; Up to 3GB

DDR 200/266/333/400 memory support

ECC DDR Ram Memory Support

Audio

Realtek ALC650 6CH w/ built in HP amplifier

Onboard LAN

MCP integrated nVIDIA MAC + Realtek 8201BL PHY

Expand Slots

1 AGP 8X

5 PCI

Hi again! I think my mobo supports  DDR 400 po. Below are the specs of the mobo that I have. Can you check please if this is good enough =)

Asus A7N8X-X

(Page 1 of 5 )

Asus is the top manufacturer of motherboards in the world. They make retail motherboards as well as OEM boards for OEM companies like Hewlett Packard... Asus now aims at lower budget consumers, thus the production of the Asus A7N8X-X. Based on the nForce2 chipset, Asus strips the original board of some features and sells it at an affordable price.

Introduction

Asus is the top manufacturer of motherboards in the world. They make retail motherboards as well as OEM boards for OEM companies like Hewlett Packard. My old Hewlett Packard was powered by an OEM Asus motherboard and the Intel Pentium III processor. The performance and reliability of an Asus motherboard is top notch. They never fail to satisfy their consumers. Visiting forum to forum and looking around computer stores, I have realized that the many buyers choose Asus motherboards. From socket 370 to socket A to socket 478, Asus has a top performing board that will surely impress its user. Heck, I still have my Asus CUSL2 Black Pearl that's running a Pentium III 550. It overclocks like a champ! With such a great performance comes a great price. Not all Asus motherboards are cheap. The A7N8X Deluxe v2.0 and the P4C800 Deluxe are quite expensive. Asus now aims at lower budget consumers, thus the production of the Asus A7N8X-X. Based on the nForce2 chipset, Asus strips the original board of some features and sells it at an affordable cost.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Asus A7N8X-X Specifications:

The A7N8X-X is a stripped down version of the A7N8X Deluxe. It has NO dual channel support, no firewire support, no SATA controllers, no second ethernet jack, and no SoundStorm Dolby Digital Audio.

Processor

AMD Athlon XP Processors

AMD Athlon Processors

AMD Duron Processors

200/266/333/400 MHz System Data Bus

Chipset

nVIDIA nForce2 400

nVIDIA nForce2 MCP

Memory

3 DDR DIMM; Up to 3GB

DDR 200/266/333/400 memory support

ECC DDR Ram Memory Support

Audio

Realtek ALC650 6CH w/ built in HP amplifier

Onboard LAN

MCP integrated nVIDIA MAC + Realtek 8201BL PHY

Expand Slots

1 AGP 8X

5 PCI

It's decent enough :D But afaik, Asus can't really oc that well, since this in a consumer mobo, not an enthusiast mobo :D

I dont have one i own an apple :P

wheres azrack? looking for him? Anyone seen him lately? I have a nice question for him :headsetsmiley:

you sure do have one..

its either an Nvidia or an ATI

but its built-in im sure.. (let me guess..mac-mini??)

:)

• 2 weeks later...

current video card used:

A64 3000+ @ 2.5gig - Inno3D 6600GT PCIE 128mb

A64 3200 @ stock spd - Inno3D 6600GT AGP 128mb

Intel P4 2.8E @ 3.3gig - Powercolor ATI 9550-ultra 128mb

Intel Celeron D 2.13 - Gecube ATI 9550 rev 2.1 128mb

AMD Athlon XP 2500+ - Gecube ATI 9550 rev 2.1 128mb

current Video card with the best price today are:

budget gamer: Inno3D 7300GT 128ddr3 128bit dvi priced at 5300php beats 6600GT hands down

Midrange Gamer: Palit 7600GT 256MB 128Bit DDR3 PCI-E priced at 8600-9500php great for 19'in monitors in 1600x1200 resolution

here are 2 cent worth of info.....

nagmura na ba AMD processors? ano ba magandang vid card to go with AMD & MSI board?

AMD price cut down will be on July 24 or August 1 . They will conduct it once Intel release its Core 2 Duo processors and AMD needs to cope up with intense competition. Imagine getting a dual core AMD Athlon 64 3800+ X2 from Php 17,000 down to Php 8,000. ^_^

If getting AMD, get the Socket AM2 for more future proof and more room for upgrade since AMD is already making its own 65nm processors which will compete with the Core 2 Duos.

Whats your preferred AMD processor and MSI board model? And what is your budget for your video card? cray-z's info has his suggestion for budget to mid range cards for gamer.

AND DONT SLI. Its a waste of money.

AMD price cut down will be on July 24 or August 1 . They will conduct it once Intel release its Core 2 Duo processors and AMD needs to cope up with intense competition. Imagine getting a dual core AMD Athlon 64 3800+ X2 from Php 17,000 down to Php 8,000. ^_^

If getting AMD, get the Socket AM2 for more future proof and more room for upgrade since AMD is already making its own 65nm processors which will compete with the Core 2 Duos.

Whats your preferred AMD processor and MSI board model? And what is your budget for your video card? cray-z's info has his suggestion for budget to mid range cards for gamer.

AND DONT SLI. Its a waste of money.

And the release of AM2's X2 3600+ which is basically a 3800+ with only a smaller L2 cache, which is going to be released really soon and will be only around 5-6k :D sweeeeeeeeeeet! :D

Good thing that AMD has unified all their procs to AM2's socket type, so less hassles :D Lets hope K8L will prove the same when it's released this Q4 2006-Q1 2007 :D Oh yeah, quad core is going to be released around that time too :D

Yep, 7300GT is good, ONLY if it is DDR3, since it won't have the turbocache tech. :D But I prefer the 7600GST of inno3d, why? The performance level of the 7600GT and GST is nearly identical (Nearly, as in, when benchmarked, the difference is too little to notice.) while the price is only around 7-8k, good enough :D

Im downgrading for the moment, since DX10 cards are soon to be released. :D Nvidia has a tendency to make new cards every 6 months, so hopefully, by Sept, the DX10 cards are here. :D Oh yeah, SLI isn't that bad :D Im on SLI and never had a problem with it :D Definitely worth what you're paying :D

My simple room PC:

AMD Dual Core 3800+

GeForce 7800 GTX 512 MB

1 GB RAM

0.5 TB storage

17inch LCD

- sound system optical out connected to a P100,000 home entertainment system in my room.

- video connected to HD TV.

other networked home PCs in my house:

- P4 2.4GHz, Radeon 9800Pro - for testing

- AMD ATHON 550Mhz (OC to 633 Mhz) - file/VPN server - 0.5 TB storage.