What's Your Video Card?

Well, there’s three things that affect the graphics quality of a game.  First, you have your texture quality.  This is what determines how crisp the object models of what you see in the game are.  A high resolution texture used on a character's face will show you the most detailed facial features.  The lower this gets, the less detail you see, ie. wrinkles, fair follicles.  Second, there's the shader effects.  These are what enables most of the eye candy, ie. shiny surfaces, translucent waters, water ripples, etc.  The more you have of these, the better the game looks lie.  Lastly, there's the game resolution.  The higher this is, the less jaggies you see on game objects.  Now, to answer your question, it's true that adjusting graphical settings on many games can produce relatively less obvious improvements to the untrained eye.  Hardcore gamers and those that have been playing games for a while now can tell the difference.  If you can't tell the difference, consider yourself lucky as you can immerse yourself in a game, have the highest level of satisfaction without having to spend too much for a good computer.

Here's a link to compare quality setting in Doom3.  Can you spot the difference?

http://www2.hardocp.com/image.html?image=M...1hfM182X2wuanBn

thanks for the link bro... yeah there is a difference.. But as the game goes along and your fighting the big bosses would you still stop and notice how the water ripples??? ?hehehehe joke .... anyways can u suggest a video card that I may buy?? A card that just in the 5th to 7th pesos range???

thanks for the link bro... yeah there is a difference.. But as the game goes along and your fighting the big bosses would you still stop  and notice how the water ripples??? ?hehehehe joke .... anyways can u suggest a video card that I may buy?? A card that just in the 5th to 7th pesos range???

bro can I also help you with that one? First to ask is what is your video card port? Is it AGP or PCI-E? I have a price list here last update was on June 10 maybe I can recommend you something from 5k-8k ranges.

i have had lots of BFG video cards ranging from geforce 3 ti 500, ge 4 ti 4200 4400 4600, 256mb pci fx 5200, 2 6800gt ocs...and i sold them all in the philippines thru tipidpc.com. and the irony is my video card is an ati 9800 pro...hahaha...i put a bfg 5900xt oc in my daughthers computer. the good thing about BFG video cards, they have lifetime warranty. the 6800 gt's i bought at ebay dirt cheap. i would say about 30$ each but i rma'ed them at bfg and they replaced them with new ones. i have seen bfg 7800 gt's at ebay for about 200$. but i think its still too expensive. i got my ati for less than 20$. had it rma'ed and they sent me a new one. that was a while ago and i did it again a few months ago. and sold the card in the philippines. hahaha.

thanks for the link bro... yeah there is a difference.. But as the game goes along and your fighting the big bosses would you still stop  and notice how the water ripples??? ?hehehehe joke .... anyways can u suggest a video card that I may buy?? A card that just in the 5th to 7th pesos range???

With your budget, you can buy the 6600gt :D Or, if you're lucky enough, you might stumble upon a 6800GS 2nd hand unit @ tipidpc.ocm :D

The 6600gt can play Doom3 with no problems :D

Guys im planning to buy the Geforce 6600 LE (AGP) for may AMD XP 2600+ (2.0ghz). Can anyone tell me anong difference nito sa GT and ok din ba ang LE?

LE is the low-end version...Hehe joke.^_^ LE is the downclocked version so it means it costs less. GT is far more greater than LE and i suggest getting an 6600GT instead of LE if you are in the 6600 line.

bro can I also help you with that one? First to ask is what is your video card port? Is it AGP or PCI-E? I have a price list here last update was on June 10 maybe I can recommend you something from 5k-8k ranges.

thanks for the help pare... AGP is my video card port ... give me a list also of video cards that cost less than 5th pesos but packs a punch...

GEforce??? diba usually basta video cards ati radeon is the norm ...???

nVidia GeForce is the best for gaming pare. Yeah ATI cards ran faster but like Intel, stability is compromised. If you take a time to look to tech sites, you will see that most serious gamers use Nvidia over ATI.

To give you an example based on my personal experience, I have used a GeForce FX5200 and ATI 9800. I played Warcraft with all high settings. In my nVidia, it ran well at 640x480 pixels. When I switched to ATI, yeah a little improvement but a strange violet line crosses my screen. I thought this is some bug so I checked the site for updates my driver and upon checking, my driver is up-to-date. And Counter-Strike has some "wavy" lines appearing on the walls when you scroll the mouse. When you compare the specs, you will see that 9800 is visually faster my FX but in performance, it seems that my Nvdia was better and buying that ATI made me waste my money. To sum-up, ATI is not good.

Kahit nga yung high end ng ATI na x1900 ba yun, base sa experience ng 10 users, they are not happy with it. Sayang I forgot the link of the thread e.

Not that Im biasing but upon experience, NVIDIA nalng choose mo tol ^_^

nVidia GeForce is the best for gaming pare. Yeah ATI cards ran faster but like Intel, stability is compromised. If you take a time to look to tech sites, you will see that most serious gamers use Nvidia over ATI.

To give you an example based on my personal experience, I have used a GeForce FX5200 and ATI 9800. I played Warcraft with all high settings. In my nVidia, it ran well at 640x480 pixels. When I switched to ATI, yeah a little improvement but a strange violet line crosses my screen. I thought this is some bug so I checked the site for updates my driver and upon checking, my driver is up-to-date. And Counter-Strike has some "wavy" lines appearing on the walls when you scroll the mouse. When you compare the specs, you will see that 9800 is visually faster my FX but in performance, it seems that my Nvdia was better and buying that ATI made me waste my money. To sum-up, ATI is not good.

Kahit nga yung high end ng ATI na x1900 ba yun, base sa experience ng 10 users, they are not happy with it. Sayang I forgot the link of the thread e.

Not that Im biasing but upon experience, NVIDIA nalng choose mo tol ^_^

ah ok.. thanks for the info.... SO whats the best geforce out there in 5th pesos range??

Thanks, in that case why do they come up with the idea of sli?  Would it make more sense if people just buy a 6800gt instead of 2 pcs of 6600gt in sli?

imo, SLI/Xfire will only be worth it if:

a. You're making an SLI/Xfire setup w/ high end video cards

b. Your rig won't have any difficulties running w/ an SLI setup (No bottlenecks, PSU concerns, Air flow of Case etc), and...

c. If you have the money. :D

I'd rather go for a 6800GT instead of 2 6600gt. :D Unless, of course, you have the 7900 series or the X1800XT Series :D