What's Your Video Card?

I haven't heard any problems with Nvidia chipsets + ATI cards setups.

Just make sure you don't flip things around. ATI chipsets are found to have a lot of issues with Nvidia cards.

Thanks, I just want to make sure it's ok before I assemble them.

Help again!!!

Re: x1950 pro 512 mb

I read over the net that this card is a 'mid-high' card. Does this mean that I can play games up to 1024x768 only?

I tried playing it at 1280x1080 and it works, but will it shorten the life of my video card if I ALWAYS play games at 1280x1080 with all settings set on high? Thanks.

Help again!!!

Re: x1950 pro 512 mb

I read over the net that this card is a 'mid-high' card. Does this mean that I can play games up to 1024x768 only?

I tried playing it at 1280x1080 and it works, but will it shorten the life of my video card if I ALWAYS play games at 1280x1080 with all settings set on high? Thanks.

Depends on which games you play. To a video card, F.E.A.R. at 1280x1080 is not the same as Counter Strike at the same resolution. As long as you've adequate cooling, you can set it as high as it can go, and not worry about frying your card.

Overclocking though, definitely will have an effect on its lifespan, and not to mention void any warranties.

I replaced my trusty 6600GT with a Leadtek PX8800 GTS 320. It is fast but the never-ending problems with the Nvidia drivers for Vista are a drag!

What kind of driver problems? Can you play Far Cry, F.E.A.R., or Virtual Tennis 3 at 1280x1080 with all settings on 'high'? I plan to get a 8800gts by next year when a lot of directx10 games are out.

Depends on which games you play. To a video card, F.E.A.R. at 1280x1080 is not the same as Counter Strike at the same resolution. As long as you've adequate cooling, you can set it as high as it can go, and not worry about frying your card.

Overclocking though, definitely will have an effect on its lifespan, and not to mention void any warranties.

Thanks, for now the kids are happy with the resolution set at 1024x768. I hope they don't overclock it.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I just set up a affordable gaming pc last week for one of my friends.

His existing system:

athlon 64 3500

redfox mobo

1gig ram

80 gig hd sata

I just added a inno3d ichill 7600gt with zalman fan, costing P6xxx

why affordable?

the video card works with existing power supply

So how's the performance?

I was able to run 'virtual tennis 3' & 'far cry' at 1280x1080 with all quality setting set on high.

• 4 weeks later...