The Mitsubishi Lovers Thread

• 4 weeks later...

try pg labanin EVO against any car sa city driving talo driver ng EVO pulikat aabutin ng paa.. i owned 3 EVO before sold all of them a boosted (suped up honda integra 2k+ version is much more of a car to me.. badtrip EVO tigas ng Clutch.. So if your not entering any drag (nascar wannabee races) better stick to HONDAs,Toyota, Nissan.. Btw Astig din mga Suped up cars ng Honda(MUGEN tuned) Nissan (Nismo tuned) Given the right modifications kayang kaya din pumantay ng ibang cars sa EVO

Comment lng i hope ung mga tropa ko from EMPEROR Lan-Evo of the Phil. wag sna ma offend.. last month i was with my friend we were going to tagaytay we were in the skyway nakita namin a group of evo's going at it mga 220kph takbo nila 10 cla nun nka sakay ako sa impreza ng tropa ko na overtake namin cla na prang nka hinto cla were going atleast 280kph pero still it was so smooth nde man lng galit na galit un rev nun engine.. so for me EVO vs Impreza no questions asked definitely imprezza panalo.. juzt my 2 cents

• 2 weeks later...
Was a passenger in a latest evo model, modified, in singapore just this december. Owned and driven by one of my sing colleague... hell it as the best ride of my life so far... you can really feel the power when accelerating and when shifting gear (w/c actually makes the entire car shakes) going up from your butt up to your spine... he makes "hataw" in blind spots that he knows of in the streets of Singapore. Definitely a racers wet-dream! Definitely a much better ride and experience than the bimmer of my boss.

He says he races his car for fun in Sepang, Malaysia. Around $300 sing daw for half day, shared-use of the track.

Yes, I've seen those parking lot rallies in singapore. You should try the real rallies in the Philippines. My Jap rally friends say that the courses can be as tough as the safari rally.

Yes, I've seen those parking lot rallies in singapore. You should try the real rallies in the Philippines. My Jap rally friends say that the courses can be as tough as the safari rally.

That is true. But you are just talking about the engine. And to get that kind of power in a honda you will have to get an angine from Mugen or Spoon or Tracy Sports. And then there is the issue of usable horsepower. Those VTECs create a lot of power but they come in at the high end of the rev range. How many times have you driven with the engine at over 4,500 rpm? On the other hand even with the turbo lag in an evo or Impreza, you have power at slightly over 2000 rpm.

And if you are not driving in a straight line, bye bye SiR, bye Altis for sure. Front drivers vs awd? perhaps driver skill can be an equalizer. Get your grandma to drive the evo.

Comment lng i hope ung mga tropa ko from EMPEROR Lan-Evo of the Phil. wag sna ma offend.. last month i was with my friend we were going to tagaytay we were in the skyway nakita namin a group of evo's going at it mga 220kph takbo nila 10 cla nun nka sakay ako sa impreza ng tropa ko na overtake namin cla na prang nka hinto cla were going atleast 280kph pero still it was so smooth nde man lng galit na galit un rev nun engine.. so for me EVO vs Impreza no questions asked definitely imprezza panalo.. juzt my 2 cents

Absolutely! an Impreza STi is a better package overall

Masmura pa by a cool 300K to 500K

How true. But you know, that really just the local Mitsu dealers overpricing. In my oipinon outside of the EVO, Mitsubishi Philippines is the lousiest car assembler in the country if only for their penchant of insisting on selling brand new versions of models that have already been out of production. For instance, the Mitsu Montero.

By the way, it seems to me that the JDM EVO has some difficulty coping with our local fuel here even the 96 RON fuels from Petron or Shell. Apparently, the tuning is setup for the 100 RON high octane pump gas available in Japan. Even with a knock sensor, the engine seems to be struggling beyond 6000 rpm.

I don't know. Is it just me? Anyone out there willing to prove/disprove this observation? I never experienced this on Imprezas.

• 1 month later...

just so we know what we're talking about...

http://automobiles.honda.com/images/banners/2007/accord_sedan/exterior_gallery/large13.jpg

http://automobiles.honda.com/images/banners/2007/accord_sedan/exterior_gallery/large12.jpg

http://automobiles.honda.com/images/banners/2007/accord_sedan/exterior_gallery/large8.jpg

http://automobiles.honda.com/images/banners/2007/accord_sedan/exterior_gallery/large2.jpg

by the way, these are from the honda.com website and these are the US variants. hondaphil.com is down right now.

Edited by chipmaker