The Mitsubishi Lovers Thread

^^

bro, can you clarify your statement? :)

btw, i read in one of the local auto magazines that the camry has a keyless ignition systems. wow!! does the accord have that? good to know that the japanese players are including these luxury add-on items now... in the end, the consumer, us!, wins!! :thumbsupsmiley:

I have an 06 Accord 3.0L V6 and have recently tested the new 3.5L Camry. Both cars deliver good acceleration but the Accord still has the edge although the Camry is not far behind. The only substantial change between the 06 and the 07 Accord is a revised rear-end and the twin tailpipes are now horizonal and chromed. The interior of the Camry is more refined and the ride is much softer/smoother unlike the Accord's suspension which can best be described as sharp and taut.

The AV6 accelerates 0-100 in 7 secs, quite startling for a medium-sized family sedan. I wasn't able to test the Camry's time because the sales person beside me would throw a fit if I did hehe, but with 277HP it should be quick.

post-126585-1179753069.jpg

The rear of the 07 Accord kind of reminds me of the Honda Prelude in the 90s.

The Camry's rear, on the other hand, looks like a Lexus (also looks especially sporty with the two tailpipes placed on either end).

Shod these cars with 18-incher bling mags and you're all set.

Either way, you're a winner with these handsome cars. :thumbsupsmiley:

The Accord is a fine car to drive (esp. the 3-litre model). But sadly, it loses in terms of looks. The 2006/07 version is the butt-lift version and all I can say about it is :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley:

As for the Camry, the car looks really good. But its not a driver's car (even with the 3.5-litre model). Handling issues.

In the end, its about even. If one were to choose between these two cars and the sole criteria was is "presence", the Camry wins handsdown.

The Accord is a fine car to drive (esp. the 3-litre model). But sadly, it loses in terms of looks. The 2006/07 version is the butt-lift version and all I can say about it is :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley: :thumbsdownsmiley:

As for the Camry, the car looks really good. But its not a driver's car (even with the 3.5-litre model). Handling issues.

In the end, its about even. If one were to choose between these two cars and the sole criteria was is "presence", the Camry wins handsdown.

Yeah, I agree. The original Accord rear looks like an old Buick and when they butt-lifted it, it looks like an old E-class! Too bad they can't properly complement the supermodel looks of the front of the car. The Camry's styling is ok but nothing Earth-shaking, exactly correct for the role.

I am pleasantly surprised at the performance of these cars. The AV6 with 244HP and the Camry with its 277HP - that's pretty amazing considering that these are really middle-of-the-road sedans, your average grocery-getter. You can drive them all day in heavy traffic with no worries about overheating, breakdowns or huge gas bills. I mean hey, Those numbers used to be the realm of musclecars! The old 289 CID HiPo Mustang of my youth only put out 271 HP and that was with with a great big gas-guzzling Holley 4-barrel carb and drum brakes! Many a Civic/Lancer/Mazda3/etc will fall unwitting victim in stoplight drags to these sedate-looking sedans, believe me they are quick!

Ahh progress...I love it! :thumbsupsmiley:

Yeah, I agree. The original Accord rear looks like an old Buick and when they butt-lifted it, it looks like an old E-class! Too bad they can't properly complement the supermodel looks of the front of the car. The Camry's styling is ok but nothing Earth-shaking, exactly correct for the role.

Styling was never Honda's strength. They lost it after the fifth-gen model (1993-1997).

Just saw spy shots of the upcoming 2008 Accord sedan... from the looks of it, Camry has nothing to worry about. :upside:

Couldn't Mitsubishi have picked a better name? "Zinger"?! Terrible.
Reminds me of KFC
Hehehe, Zinger, just like KFC's sandwich.

Reminds me of other cars that sounded odd.

Chevy Nova sounds okay to others but it doesnt sound good to buyers in Mexico. To the Mexicans, Nova means "No Go"

hehehehe

Indeed it reminds me of the kfc sandwich... anf its my favorite...if its acare that looks like the 350z then i might buy it...

medyo pricey relative sa innova...

If nova means "no go" what about innova?..."hindi in" i wonder... hehehe

:goatee: :goatee: :goatee:

Sa totoo lang d sya mahal. sa taiwan with full option na just a little more than 1m. Pero sa Mitsubishi Philippine na yun kung tatasan nila yun presyo. Sa totoo lang over price ang marami kotse sa Pilipinas at d pa natin nakukuha yun full option from the origin. Dahil na rin yata sa taas na Tax and Duties sa Pinas. :sick:

• 2 weeks later...