The Mitsubishi Lovers Thread

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/rav_5/bumper_silver-mag_ad_blue_blue.jpg

I really love mitsu cars. Although mine is a 93 lancer, its still ok humatak and matipid sa fuel. Wala akong naging progblema sa parts coz its available anywhere. Been to Legazpi ten times and Baguio yearly hassle free. Alaga lang talaga para tumagal.

My mom had a 1982 Galant GL and a 1990 Lancer EL. Both were bought brand new back then. Pretty reliable cars although both car's stock aircons were sucky...Centrota was the brand if I remember correctly. Lancer had a weak suspension too, we had to replace the front stabilizer linkage after just 2 years of city driving use. But they both served us well back then. Good cars these Mitsubishis specially when it comes to styling but not as sturdy as Hondas and Toyotas in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...
the new civic si will be packing a 200hp engine.

abroad, they have a corolla xr producing 180hp >>> same engine as the lotus elise.

the upcoming mazdaspeed3 will have a blown 220hp engine.

but those are still not in the same league as the evo.

Not just the engine bro, but the entire car is waaaay out of the league of any Civic or Corolla no matter what other acronym to add after the name. The only car that would be comparable would be a Subaru Impreza STi. Not as nice looking as the EVO X but certainly more driveable. Besides, has anyone every stopped to think what would happen if you have a Civic, Corolla, or Mazda 3 jump off a 1 meter platform while doing over 140 kph? That's regular work for a Group N Evo or STi. I know, I had two Imprezas once. Sold the wagon. Still have the sedan, a 1997 STi. But I wonder if my bank manager will let me get the X... utang na lang ulit.

Not just the engine bro, but the entire car is waaaay out of the league of any Civic or Corolla no matter what other acronym to add after the name. The only car that would be comparable would be a Subaru Impreza STi. Not as nice looking as the EVO X but certainly more driveable. Besides, has anyone every stopped to think what would happen if you have a Civic, Corolla, or Mazda 3 jump off a 1 meter platform while doing over 140 kph? That's regular work for a Group N Evo or STi. I know, I had two Imprezas once. Sold the wagon. Still have the sedan, a 1997 STi. But I wonder if my bank manager will let me get the X... utang na lang ulit.

Well I think the Evo is nicer because of its more powerfull engine, still can not beat a Ferrari 550 Maranello with the V-12 though, even if the Ferrari's slower.

Isn't the Mits EVO a suped-up (full racing class) lancer? Correct me if I'm wrong here.

However, assuming I'm correct, then it belongs to the class of small sedans like to corolla, civic, sentra, imprezza, etc. Its just too bad that that except for the imprezza and the historical toms corolla (which was not even full-racing) non of the other cars came out with their own suped-up versions. So if you make everything equal, meaning comparing stock cars, I think Toyota and Honda are more powerful than Mits. If you compare given supes imprezza vs EVO, I think EVO has the edge

With regards to the skylines, supras/celicas, etc., shouldn't the eclipse be Mits contribution here? The only reason why EVO seems to be competitive here is because we are talking a suped-up sedan versus a stock manufactured racing car. But if those stock racing cars were given the same degree of modification as the EVO, they would definitely be more powerful

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Isn't the Mits EVO a suped-up (full racing class) lancer? Correct me if I'm wrong here.

However, assuming I'm correct, then it belongs to the class of small sedans like to corolla, civic, sentra, imprezza, etc. Its just too bad that that except for the imprezza and the historical toms corolla (which was not even full-racing) non of the other cars came out with their own suped-up versions. So if you make everything equal, meaning comparing stock cars, I think Toyota and Honda are more powerful than Mits. If you compare given supes imprezza vs EVO, I think EVO has the edge

With regards to the skylines, supras/celicas, etc., shouldn't the eclipse be Mits contribution here? The only reason why EVO seems to be competitive here is because we are talking a suped-up sedan versus a stock manufactured racing car. But if those stock racing cars were given the same degree of modification as the EVO, they would definitely be more powerful

The EVO a souped-up Lancer? Nothing can be farther than the truth. The only thing the two cars would share with each other would be the body shape. The Lancer is a front drive, the EVO is all wheel drive with an electronic center diff in addition to the two LSDs on both ends. The lancer has a disk/drum brake configuration, the EVO has 4-piston Brmbos in front and 2-piston Brembos out back (Brembos are very high performance brakes). A Lancer has a 16 valve, 1.6 liter, normally aspirated engine good for about 112 hp while the turbo 4G63 on an EVO is a 2 liter, twin cam that starts at 260 hp. The Lancer has standard road suspension made from pressed sheet metal, while the EVO would have forged aluminum suspension members. Now that's not just a souped up version, that's a completely different car!

Perhaps you mean they were homologation versions. Manufacturers would produce a limited number of high performance cars with the bodywork of a standard road going car in order to qualify the racers for categories such as Group N rally. The cars that are produced to 'legalize' the high perf versions are called homologation models.

If you want to compare stock cars things would be different. But I would vehemently disagree to letting an EVO be called a tricked up Lancer. Even the Subaru Impreza WRX is a different car from the non-turbo Impreza although both may be all wheel drive. I had both the turbo and non-turbo Impreza once and although they shared more components than the Lancer did with the EVO the turbo was still a very different car. You drive it differently, you maintain it differently and engine parts are not interchangeable.Suspension parts are but heck, Impreza, Legcay or Forrester suspension parts are similar in that they are interchangeable from a mounting standpoint but I am sure the performance specs would be different. I replaced my stock Impreza Bilstein struts with struts rated for the bigger an d heavier Legacy and my rough road performance improved immensely.

Was a passenger in a latest evo model, modified, in singapore just this december. Owned and driven by one of my sing colleague... hell it as the best ride of my life so far... you can really feel the power when accelerating and when shifting gear (w/c actually makes the entire car shakes) going up from your butt up to your spine... he makes "hataw" in blind spots that he knows of in the streets of Singapore. Definitely a racers wet-dream! Definitely a much better ride and experience than the bimmer of my boss.

He says he races his car for fun in Sepang, Malaysia. Around $300 sing daw for half day, shared-use of the track.