The Mitsubishi Lovers Thread

• 2 weeks later...
I drive a Jazz. Of course the car will wiggle a little when a truck or bus will pass it at high speed. It's a lightweight tall car. But then again the City is just as tall as the Jazz is, they're mechanical siblings. It'll happen to either car.

Buses and trucks displace a lot of air when they move, and the "wash" they produce will be collected in the Jazz's sides. It's never enough to unsettle the car, especially if you have your hands on the wheel all the time (which you should). So while this air "wash" from trucks/buses affects the Jazz, it'll also affect similarly tall cars --- the City, the Innova, the Avanza, the Fuzion...get my point?

Personally I like the Jazz more than the City. If you truly need a 500L trunk, then get the City, but you lose out on ultimate maneuverability because the Jazz is a lot shorter. The Jazz's 380L trunk is actually big enough for a typical week's groceries, and the load space is more versatile than the City's.

Subcompact cars will always "behave" as you described because of its size. I like them because they are easy to park and has good gas mileage plus good driving manuever on small and tight spaces.

This goes for the jazz,yariz and picanto.

Subcompact cars will always "behave" as you described because of its size. ...This goes for the jazz,yariz and picanto.

Not always. The present City and Jazz behave that way because, compared to older cars of the same size, they are TALL. This is how car manufacturers liberate maximum interior space from relatively limited real estate (and I must say Honda did a cracking job as it's still outdoing the Yaris/Vios duo with 6-year-old models).

I used to drive a 1999 City and that was a good deal lower than the present City/Jazz twins, so I had less of a problem with air turbulence or "wash" from trucks and buses.

I'd pick the jazz coz mas magandang mag setup ng sound system dito. The whole car would be your boom box.

There are pros and cons to using the Jazz as a "blank canvas" for an ICE setup.

You don't need very big subwoofers for the Jazz, I've read even 8" or 10" subs will do nicely (as opposed to the usual 12").

The main challenge is the placement of the amps and subs if you want to retain the Jazz's versatility. You can't put the amp under the front seats (that's taken by the fuel tank) or the rears (you can't fold the seats flat if you do).

What I've seen most people do is have a sub enclosure fabricated to fit the right rear wheelwell to retain the "stock" look; this will do nicely for small subs. The amps are built into a slim enclosure within the rear load floor, just above the spare tire. The top panel is usually made of plexiglass so you can show the amp(s) off, and with cut-out holes for cooling.

Still, if you don't care about load capacity, you can just make a simple bulky box for your sub and be done with it. Your call :)

• 1 month later...