6th MTC Fantasy NBA

hoopburners

Predrag Stojakovic: Needs to Get Up to Speed at Practice

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Update: Hornets coach Byron Scott said he wants to see Stojakovic (back surgery), who went through his first contact practice on Wednesday, go through four to five good practices before reinserting him in the lineup, The Oklahoman reports.

Recommendation: Scott ruled Stojakovic out of games next Monday (Boston) and Tuesday (Memphis), but estimated it being a 30 percent chance of Stojakovic playing March 23 (a week from Friday) against the Lakers in New Orleans. "I'm just going to take it day by day, because in order for me to play, I have to have a couple of good, consistent practices under my belt,” Stojakovic said.

anak ng teteng, kung hindi lang ako naghahabol ng spot sa top 6 kukunin ko na to eh..... agawan na kayo mga pre.... :D

balewala yung 7-week win streak ko. from first to sixth in a matter of two weeks with only 1-2 games up on the 7th place team. tapos si chain gang pa ang kalaban ko sa last week! as was last year's story, i am again limping home at the end line. si commish din yung 7th last year na naghahabol sa akin. :cry:

damn ang tight talaga ng league natin, baka after this week, wala pa din may * sa tabi ng team name. :cool:

Bubuy,

I have been checking our league standings and the standings of my teams in other leagues and I have noticed that the primary factor yahoo uses in ranking teams in head-to-head leagues is the "number of losses". Meaning, a team which has say, 25 wins and 18 losses is actually ranked higher than a team which has 27 wins and 20 losses (example lang). So ang dapat pa lang binabantayan is the loss category, pakontian. Tama ba observation ko?

di naman actually yung loss column, pero yung percentage column. pag tie sa percentage column, mas angat yung team na may mas magandang record following that week.

kasi yung mga nasa tie column ginagamit nilang dividend instead of divisor eh, that means nagiging positive stat yung tie hindi negative. nakakataas ng percentage yung mga tie stats.

for example after this week

1. 114 - 88 - 7 .562 7-4-0

2. 116 - 90 - 5 .562 5-6-0

pag pareho yung win percentage, ang tie breaker ay yung last week's matchup record. pwede din mangyari ito:

1. 116 - 90 - 5 .562 7-4-0

2. 114 - 88 - 7 .562 5-6-0

basta may tie dun sa color blue ang tie breaker ay yung red.. hehe.. redundant ako. :blink:

bibigay ko na example yung last year natin..

1. Ayasadai Chokers 153-70-8 .680 -

2. RIP CITY 128-97-6 .567 26

3. Roughnecks 128-97-6 .567 26

4. Solomon Inc. 129-99-3 .565 26.5

yung last regular season matchup ni RIP 6-5 panalo sya, yung last matchup ni roughnecks 4-6-1 talo sya. kaya nakuha ni RIP yung #2 spot kahit pareho sila ng win percentage. pero mapapansin mo mas madaming wins si GWAPS dun sa #2 at #3, pero madami kasing tie stats yung #2 at #3 kaya mas mataas ang win percentage nila kay gwaps.

grabe pala talaga si katrina este si ayasadai last year. 26 game lead over the 2nd placed team. :boo:

ito ang nagpalabo ng season ko. :cry:

Hornets' Paul will attempt to play through injury

BETHANY, Okla. (AP) -- Hornets guard Chris Paul will try to play the rest of the season despite an injury to his left foot. He will sit out practices to keep the injury from worsening.

Paul looked on as his team practiced Thursday, a day after an MRI revealed the stress reaction.

"Our doctors have said as long as he feels OK, that he can play," New Orleans coach Byron Scott said. "The biggest thing right now is he can't do both. He can't practice and play. That's too much pounding."

Paul said he doesn't know when he was injured, adding the foot doesn't hurt during games. It bothered him enough after a 112-108 loss to New Jersey on Tuesday that he had an X-ray after the game, then the follow-up the next day.

"I don't know the extent of it or nothing like that," Paul said. "I just know I'm going to play. I've been playing this long with it."

Paul was to travel with the team to New York and was expected to play Friday night against the Knicks.

With Peja Stojakovic recovering from back surgery, Paul has the highest scoring average on the Hornets at 17.2 points. He ranks fourth in the NBA in assists, averaging 8.8.

New Orleans entered Thursday tied for 11th place in the Western Conference, but only one game behind the Los Angeles Clippers and the Golden State Warriors -- the two teams tied for the eighth and final playoff spot.

If Paul can make it through the end of the season, the Hornets will re-evaluate the injury to determine the next step.

Paul said he didn't know what impact the injury might have on his participation with the U.S. national team this summer.

"I really haven't even thought that far in advance," Paul said. "I'm going to just see how everything goes as the season goes on, and after the season I'll probably get it looked at again."

Exactly, that's why I said we have even skeds. Kahapon lamang ka sa sked. Ngayon lamang ako.

Anyway, para maiba naman at hindi FPJ style...sana nga lamang na lamang ako sa sked para matambakan ko team mo. Nyahahaha :lol:

heheheh ibang style ba hehehe... ako naman ang mag FPJ hehehehe lakas nang team ni commish... yari na ako!!! heheehhehehe

waahh... the trade got vetoed :(

Edited by joshiasi