6th MTC Fantasy NBA

hoopburners

Hmm. Not a bad idea but I don't think it's necessary. Rookies are risky and while this batch looks like it's going to have its fair share of good ones, I don't think we'd have to push for it especially if we go deep with a 14-team format.

I guess that in the end, it's best that we stick to our old format, with minimal or no revisions at all.

As for the pot money...well all we've been playing for the past year is bragging rights. I'm not too sure if this is feasible given that a good number of our players are based abroad.

Btw, I was supposed to endorse fatso8 to the main league but since he plans to give commish the full course meal and ignore the rest of us well...tsktsktsk to that.

Nga pala, san si PBP sa list?

Ha ha ha, kawawa naman si fatso, ayaw tuloy ni GoG. Pare, endorse mo na yan, wala naman syang binibigay sa akin eh. Usapang barbero lang yung sa amin:-)

OK, bragging rights!... NBA Fantasy King/D-League King for a Year. :)

BTW, if you guys ever decide to play under a Keeper's League setting, I would voluntarily withdraw my application because I'm not sure about my sked next season. (Toxic sa training!)

Lapit na to! End of September pwede na mag-draft!

Edited by fatso8

Fatso & Consiglieri,

The draft will be done like last year, a yahoo on-line live draft, not offline. We will not schedule the draft too early like what we did with the NFL League. Siguro around 10 days before the start of the regular season would be ideal, depending on the available draft days on yahoo. The draft day will most likely be at night on a work day or morning on a weekend.

Fatso & Consiglieri,

The draft will be done like last year, a yahoo on-line live draft, not offline. We will not schedule the draft too early like what we did with the NFL League. Siguro around 10 days before the start of the regular season would be ideal, depending on the available draft days on yahoo. The draft day will most likely be at night on a work day or morning on a weekend.

ganun...hmmm di ba pwede na weekday na online live...man..i dont trust kasi ung mag iwan ka lang ng picks mo...

i really hope the time would be amenable to all...man o man :P

Para sa mga di nakasali sa Live draft or kung nakasali, nagbago isip about their lower picks..

Pwede ba agad kumuha ng players sa Free Agents Pool para palitan yung unwanted players. OR klngan ng Commish/Members Votes approval?.. Wala sa Waivers yung desired player, sa FA Pool sila.

Thanks!

ako din ill do everything para makasali sa live drafting...

sana fair naman sa time

he he he

draft na!!!! :P

mock draft; If I were picking no. 1 id take......

sa akin nga gumigising pa ako ng madaling araw eh. :P

i doubt if the other GMs would reveal their draft picks. tactics baby. :evil:

Edited by bubuy
Pwede ba agad kumuha ng players sa Free Agents Pool para palitan yung unwanted players. OR klngan ng Commish/Members Votes approval?.. Wala sa Waivers yung desired player, sa FA Pool sila.

after the draft, there is a 2 (or 3) day waiver moratorium, whoever is the last pick in the draft has #1 waiver priority rights.

after the moratorium ends, anyone can pick in the FA pool according to waiver priority. no need for GM votes.

we use Yahoo!

commish, if tuloy ung keeper league, better cguro we use nba.com. pwede keeper league dun. we can't do keepers s yahoo. suggest ko n we look into both muna before the start ng league. sabi s nba.com fully customizable daw ung league. that is only if we want to make our own rules for the game rather than follow yahoo's.

mas ok ung yahoo kung gusto natin wag mas magulo kac kailangan pa ideliberate ung league set-up if we want the league customizable.

ano bubs...pwede ba dito trading draft picks...

and who the hell picks the draft order...yahoo pa din :P

i think 30-45 minutes before the draft yahoo has already picked the draft order.

I have no qualms in saying I want JJ Redick...

hehehe

that is obvious. :P

just by reading the NBA thread, i know who are the preferences of each. :evil:

hehehe...ito di ko lam kung stupid question...

pero ano ung most probable time that you guys do drafts...i want to be there live talaga eh...

and do you allow trading draft picks?

yahoo does not allow trading of draft picks. but you can trade immediately after the draft.

as for the live draft, it is deliberated upon. majority wins. like last year it was 4am (in my time) that's why i wasnt able to participate. but ill make sure ill be awake this time around. whatever the time is. B) si gwaps nga aabsent daw sa work eh. :lol:

hehehe...ito di ko lam kung stupid question...

pero ano ung most probable time that you guys do drafts...i want to be there live talaga eh...

and do you allow trading draft picks?

If I remember last year's draft, it was scheduled on a weekend, either around 10 a.m. or early afternoon. Perhaps Bubuy can still remember since he woke up very early pa nga para makasali lang sa draft.

As for trading draft picks, I have heard variations of the idea but exactly how do you propose it to be?

My rookie pick is Brandon Roy:-) Shhhhh.....

Nga pala, like last year ba ang vetoing of trades? The league votes pa rin? The other option is to leave it up to me to decide. Im sure you guys dont want that, ha ha. In my other leagues though, my friends trust me enough to decide pero actually ayaw ko talaga ng "commissioner votes" kasi may mga sarili din akong mga biases at paningin sa mga players. Tsaka sakit ng ulo, nagkakapersonalan pa minsan. Kaya league votes pa rin tayo, hehe.

As early as now though, I want to propose a maximum number of waiver moves for the entire season (say 50 or 60? ang dami na nga nito eh)to prevent the practice of adding/dropping players at whim just to win a particular match-up. Nakakapikon kasi yung ganun eh, sa totoo lang. Note that the champion team last year had the fewest number of waiver moves. He kept his team almost intact the entire season. Mas nakakabilib pag ganun. Kung may player movements man, through trades at hindi yung walang pakundangan na pag add and drop. This is with due respect to all ha, tutal last year pa naman yun:-)