6th MTC Fantasy NBA

hoopburners

i just noticed bro, that you aren't active in mtc. how can we be sure that you will be even active in fantasy sports? :unsure:

this month ako ulit nstumble s site n to. but i'll be around and active in this board if needed. i did play fantasy sports before. hav tried basketball and football. d nga lang ngchampion, puro natalo s last playing days.

Dear Lord,

Sana ma boto ako na makasali sa first division ng MTC's NBA fantasy League 06-07.

Papakabait na po ako.. promise.

Amen

:)

I think you're gonna need more than a miracle to land in the main league bro... :D

I'm the only guy who knows you here :lol:

anyway, I have a question commish. will you be able to change the username/manager in a keeper's league? since we're mulling about going/shifting to a keeper's league, can our another plan of demotion/promotion from the two divisions still be possible then? :huh:

Hmm...q lang...how do we go about with a keeper league format, if ever?

if we do apply that bottom 2 in the NBA League will exchange places with the top 2 from the D-League, we can't.

if we do a keeper league format, it has to be a permanent group of 14.

if we do apply that bottom 2 in the NBA League will exchange places with the top 2 from the D-League, we can't.

if we do a keeper league format, it has to be a permanent group of 14.

so, just to clarify, the commish won't/doesn't have the power/ability to change the username for a keeper league? :huh:

If that is the case, then I do suggest that if we still want the dynasty style of fantasy league then maybe we can just submit our lineups from the previous season... :unsure:

^ parang offline draft like what we did with the NFL? :unsure: kaso pano yung galing D-League? Dispersal draft sila dun sa mga teams na babagsak from Main League to D-League?

so far eto yung mga rules na napag usapan...

1. 14 teams (main) 8 teams (DL)

2. top 2 of DL aakyat sa main then last 2 of ML babagsak sa DL

3. plan for keeper's league

Edited by ayasadai

hmmm...kung keeper league...i think mahirap na magsali from d league kasi wala nang redraft...

what we can do is have 3 leagues

the keeper

the 1st division

d-league

it would be better kung redraft for the keeper league this season...kasi mag add pa ng 4 teams (which i wish i could be a part of...)

problem lang pag keeper, hindi na makakasali yung galing d-league....

This is true. Unless, the two lowest teams will agree to surrender their yahoo i.d.s and passwords to the top 2 of the D-league. Mukhang malabo yun. I suggest wag na tayo mag D-league. Draft na lang every year para masaya basta lowest two teams are demoted.

^ parang offline draft like what we did with the NFL? :unsure: kaso pano yung galing D-League? Dispersal draft sila dun sa mga teams na babagsak from Main League to D-League?

so far eto yung mga rules na napag usapan...

1. 14 teams (main) 8 teams (DL)

2. top 2 of DL aakyat sa main then last 2 of ML babagsak sa DL

3. plan for keeper's league

maybe the promoted managers would inherit the demoted manager's team. to make it still competitive, an "expansion draft" style would occur where division 1 teams can only "protect" some of their players then maybe 4-5 players would be available for the promoted managers to "sign"/add to their team.... :D

just an idea :mtc:

I'm not really feeling the keeper's style. I mean, I think it's gonna be a bit too complex for our purposes. Mas exciting naren siguro kung pwedeng magpalit-palit ng roster year-in and year-out.

Still, having a core of TD-JO on my club, staying healthy for the rest of the season is like...nasty.

As for the D-League, it's just a suggestion. Managers who quit or lose interest by midseason bring the whole level of competition down.

We've been burned twice already and really, it's not gonna do the whole lot of us any good if it happens again. I mean, I'd love to have the Rocket on my staff for instance, but he's on Veg's squad so there.

I'd like to see genuine interest from those who'd like to join so 6-8 teams in a minileague would be a good start.

From there, maybe we could just have a dry run of 2 weeks for all the interested parties and draft the top 2 finishers into the main league? Bad trip nga lang dun, mas maauna sila makalaro. For those who don't make it, well, at least they already got a league of their own for the meantime.

I think we're gonna get 2-3 slots free from the main league since we're gonna drop cactus jack (who was tanking his team on purpose in the latter weeks) and might suspend veg and uncuts (for leaving their ballclubs unmanaged).

That gives us 9 squads from a possible pool of 14. I vote for Josh and PBP for 2 special "invite" spots since both have proven their stuff already as fantasy players. That makes it 11, so those last 3 slots will be up for grabs...

Edited by gift_of_game
I'm not really feeling the keeper's style. I mean, I think it's gonna be a bit too complex for our purposes. Mas exciting naren siguro kung pwedeng magpalit-palit ng roster year-in and year-out.

Still, having a core of TD-JO on my club, staying healthy for the rest of the season is like...nasty.

As for the D-League, it's just a suggestion. Managers who quit or lose interest by midseason bring the whole level of competition down.

We've been burned twice already and really, it's not gonna do the whole lot of us any good if it happens again. I mean, I'd love to have the Rocket on my staff for instance, but he's on Veg's squad so there.

I'd like to see genuine interest from those who'd like to join so 6-8 teams in a minileague would be a good start.

From there, maybe we could just have a dry run of 2 weeks for all the interested parties and draft the top 2 finishers into the main league? Bad trip nga lang dun, mas maauna sila makalaro. For those who don't make it, well, at least they already got a league of their own for the meantime.

I think we're gonna get 2-3 slots free from the main league since we're gonna drop cactus jack (who was tanking his team on purpose in the latter weeks) and might suspend veg and uncuts (for leaving their ballclubs unmanaged).

That gives us 9 squads from a possible pool of 14. I vote for Josh and PBP for 2 special "invite" spots since both have proven their stuff already as fantasy players. That makes it 11, so those last 3 slots will be up for grabs...

oh yeah... i almost forgot the late season "tank" mode by cactus jack... surely it would be taken into consideration...

...well... uncuts is another case... i mean, he's borderline active / inactive, yet, he always makes "surprise moves" and occasional visits... obviously, not as active as we are...

...at least, consider having uncut in the DEV league... so that more willing GM's can be accomodated in the MAIN league...

...and yes, as good as a keepers league may be for some (including me), the conrinuity will be a big issue... and the fun of drafting yearly will be gone... so, with an obvious change of heart, i'm not into it anymore...

reason im not up for a keeper's league :

1. not feasible

2. 1/4 of the fun of fantasy league is DURING the draft (how well you prepared, what strategy you are on during draft day and for the season, sleepers, etc etc)

3. i would be really happy if we could implement the top 2 (D-Leauge) replace the bottom 2 (NBA) bec that would generate more enthusiasm among participating GMs (both NBA and D-League). the D-League GMs at least have something to shoot at. ;).. i wouldn't mind going down the league if i finish in the bottom 2 in the NBA league..

and for those who really want to join the fantasy leagues (NBA, D-League, baseball and football), as you can see most of the existing GMs are really competitive and part of that is being ACTIVE. ;)