6th MTC Fantasy NBA

hoopburners

same settings main league & D-league?

Yahoo ba tayO?

and pano ba sa drafting of players? 5 years na ko laro pero never participated in a LIVE draft kahit minsan.. ngayon pa lang kami nagka-DSL eh! hehe!

pwede din ba trades on draft positions?

Edited by fatso8

Kaya ko naitanong yung trading for draft positions dahil dito...

Although Keeper's League ang laro nila.. Galing sa 1 blog.. Click the Link

AUCTION RULES:

As we've done in the past few years, we'll be determining draft order by using an auction system. I have made some changes to the system:

1) We will have an auction one week ahead of the actual draft. At this time, you can only participate in the auction if you are COMMITTED to be available for the live draft.

2) In the auction, you will "bid" draft picks for the right to improve your draft position. For instance, you may bid your 3th round pick to draft first (you can only bid one pick at a time...) If I bid my 4th round pick, and another GM bids an 5th round pick, you win. As soon as the winner is determined (you, in this case), you'll make your selection.

3) After the "winner" of the draft position is determined (and picks), the "runner-up" can decide whether he/she wants to take the next spot for his/her bid. If the "runner-up" chooses to exercise that option (and picks), then the "3rd-place" bid gets the priviledge of deciding whether to take the spot after the "runner-up". If, however, the "runner-up" does not elect to take the next position, the auction starts again for that position.

This privilege is invoked AFTER the winner chooses their player. So, if you want Derek Fisher and the other person wants Shaq...you may actually benefit by taking 2nd place in the auction.

******* Here's how it works:

Let's say that we start the auction for the first position:

Ed bids 3rd (meaning he'll give up his 3rd round pick to draft first) Roy bids 4th Sam bids 5th

Ed wins and chooses Shaq-Fu Roy has the option of choosing 2nd (and giving up his 4th round pick). If Roy elects NOT to exercise this option, then we start the auction again for the 2nd position. If he does choose to take it, then he drafts. Let's say he takes Derek Fisher. Now, Sam has the choice of whether or not he wants the 3rd position (for his 5th round pick). If he does, he drafts (say he takes Kobe). Then, the next auction will be for the 4th position in the draft. *******

This method will be used for the entire draft. Remember, only the 2nd & 3rd bidders have this option on any given auction. ***NOTE: This method will only be used for x-1 number of positions to be auctioned off, up to 3. For instance, if only two people bid for a position, then the 2nd place person DOES NOT get the option. If 3 people bid, then the 2nd place person gets the option, but the 3rd place person doesn't.****

4) This year, we'll be moving to a system where you can bid anything from a 2nd to 12th pick for position. If there is a tie in the bidding, you can bid any pick (up to 18). If there is a 2nd tie, then you can bid a 3rd pick. After 3 ties, there is a coin-flip. Remember, a GM isn't required to submit a 2nd or 3rd pick...(you probably won't win if you don't, but that's your option)

5) As in previous years, if you choose to carryover a player (in the 2nd or 3rd years) that was taken through the auction system, your future draft position will be determined by when you drafted this player. For instance, if you bid your 4th round pick to draft in the 2nd position...and you drafted Kobe. If you carryover Kobe the next year, you will lose your 4th round pick again, and you'll be in the 2nd draft position again.

6) As in previous years, once we get to a position where no GM is willing to bid for position, we'll randomly draw for the last few positions.

7) As in previous years, the draft will snake around, so that the person with the last pick in the first round will get the first pick in the 2nd round

8) All "given up" picks from the auction will be made-up after the regular 18 rounds of the draft. The order in the makeup round will be from 1-x, x-1...etc

9) Please read the "DRAFT PROCESS" section below for more details on the process.

10) We will draft a few rounds (2 or 3) after the auction, but before the Yahoo! draft. This will give each GM a decent idea of the players he/she will be building his/her team around, which should help in determining rankings in the Yahoo! system.

DRAFT RULES:

1) We will stop drafting after the auction after a complete round of drafting has occured...probably after either 2 or 3 full rounds.

2) As the Yahoo draft day approaches, everyone will already have a few picks (lets say 2). When you rank your players for autodraft, you will be asked to list your two players as your first choices in this system. This is IMPORTANT, because if you don't do this, and you miss the beginning of the draft, Yahoo! will start drafting for you, and you won't end up with the players you already drafted (and worse, you may take someone else's player away). NOTE: If this does occur, we will remedy the situation by having the GM whose player was drafted draft the player that the missing GM was supposed to draft, and then we'll force the trade after the draft is complete.

3) For the GMs who "gave up" a pick or picks, those GMs will be given a list of "worthless" players to draft. Those GMs MUST be available for the physical draft, so that they can choose one of those "worthless players"... In the example I gave above, for instance, I might have you draft Slava Medvedenko as your 6th round pick.

4) If, for some reason, the GM forgets or the autodraft selects a decent player in the forfeit round, then that player will be dropped into the player pool after the draft, and will not be on any roster for the season. So, if you walked away from your desk during the draft, and you came back and had Toni Kukoc in the 6th round...then Toni would be dropped later and would not be eligible for pickup.

5) We will "make up" the forfeit rounds at the end of the draft (after 18 full rounds are complete). This will be one of three cases where we will allow players to be added/dropped from the player pool. In those "makeup" rounds, you will be permitted to drop the crap player (say Slava in your case) and will be allowed to draft a normal player (after 18 rounds, you may want to keep Slava...heh). The ONLY other cases where players can be added/dropped is if you want to draft someone who is unavailable during the draft, or you didn't get a rookie in the draft. For instance, last year a GM took Rod Strickland, but he wasn't in the Yahoo! system. If you want a player who is unavailable, you need to draft a crap player (similar to above), and send an immediate email to the league & an immediate message in the live draft saying, "I'm really drafting Rod Strickland, but since he's unavailable, I'm taking Michael Stewart"...

DRAFT DETAILS:

1) We'll be using Yahoo! live draft for our draft. That means that if you aren't able to make your selection within a short period of time (45 seconds, I believe), the system will make the pick for you. Now, if you DON'T pre-rank your players, then you'll get the default Yahoo! ranking, which is probably NOT what you want. You really need to pre-rank your players (at least the top 50 or so), even if you are planning to be in the draft (just think if you lose Internet access during the draft!)...If you have any questions about pre-ranking your players, ask me about it.

2) We will have made a couple of draft picks before the Yahoo! draft starts. You will AT MINIMUM, be expected to rank those players in the Yahoo! system, so that you get the guys you drafted. For instance, if your first two picks are Kobe Bryant & Derek Fisher, you'll need to move those two to the top of your draft order and leave them there. If everyone does this properly, then we won't have a problem during the draft.

3) The Yahoo portion of the draft will take about 2 hours

4) For the "makeup" picks, (ie the picks you lost because of the auction system), you will use the add/drop function within the Yahoo! system. We will ONLY be allowing you to use this system for this purpose, or if you drafted a player who wasn't available within Yahoo, or if you didn't draft a rookie. There will be NO add/drops and waivers allowed during the season. Do NOT drop your players, Do NOT mark your players as injured...etc. There are either in the game, or on your bench.

5) All GMs are required to draft ONE ROOKIE and have ONE ROOKIE on his/her roster during the season. If you forget to draft one, or you use autodraft and don't get one, then you will have to pick up your rookie using the add/drop feature AFTER all the makeup rounds occur.

What d'ya think guys? :)

Nice post. Inventive/innovative and has some nice kinks to it but with Yahoo's H2H, I think it's limited to snake type with the draft order determined less than an hour from actual draft time.

The snake also has some nice kinks to it as having a lower-rung spot on the order actually offers a nice advantage since the order goes...

1st round

1st pick-->2nd pick-->3rd pick....14th pick

2nd round

14th-->13th-->12th...1st pick

3rd round

1st-->2nd-->3rd...14th

4th round

14th-->13th....1st

and so on until the all the roster spots are filled. In essence, having the late-round pick does not necessarily guarantee mediocrity if you play your cards right.

Last season's champion, Rip City picked 11th (How do I know? `Coz he owned Dirk and I was the last dude who passed up on Dirk for TD :P) and he still managed to assemble a nice collection of ballers.

Of course, he's got to thank CP3 in no small way `coz that dude evolved from a late-round pick to a fantasy ball monster.

So a word out to all our dev-league prospects, take time out to read and prep for the draft `coz this is gonna be your ticket to the main league.

Last season's champion, Rip City picked 11th (How do I know? `Coz he owned Dirk and I was the last dude who passed up on Dirk for TD :P) and he still managed to assemble a nice collection of ballers.

I could've gotten Dirk if I wasn't stupidly absent from the draft. :cry:

Now I sooo sound like a crybaby. :lol:

happy bday champ! :sorcerer:

^you got Amare with your first pick so I guess its more about making a better pre-draft rankings boss :P

yeah, i lost any form of internet activity during a certain stretch leading upto the draft. :cry: that's why i think my nba 05 fantasy season as pure luck.

i got no prep during draft day, players i had didnt have as many injuries as others, etc etc. it was pure luck my season, save for a few trade deals here and there.

to those of you who are on DSL/LAN/wireless during draft day, install a modem in your box and buy some prepaid internet cards, just to make sure to dont do this post-2642-1125237268.gif before, during and after the draft. :lol:

^that's being uber-serious bordering on obsessed in fantasy games boss :P

and yeah, you were a bit lucky with most of your players stepping up especially that stud from Spain that I have coveted since the first day of the draft results were released :D

if i'd knew he'd have that precious letter 'C' later on in the season, i wouldn't have traded him to gwaps. :D

I could've gotten Dirk if I wasn't stupidly absent from the draft. :cry:

Now I sooo sound like a crybaby. :lol:

happy bday champ! :sorcerer:

i dunno... i was also absent during the live draft...

...and yes, was a bit lucky for getting pau... and him being C eligible late last season...

...i dunno... i wish i was also online last season...

btw... hapi b'day champ...

...still can't forget how desagana diop won the championship for you... hehehehehe...

Edited by gwapogi

i was also absent during the draft.

to be honest with the line-up that i got last season, i was thinking how in the world can i win with that line-up.

luckily Dirk was very consistent, CP3 was very tough playing even with an injury, Gerald Wallace's all around game and a lot of other things.

things just went my way last season. hopefully it will be that way again this season.