Exams You Wouldn’t Forget….

My classmate was late in this exam but he managed to sit beside me. This classmate of mine ay hindi pala pasok, so most of the time clueless about the subject.

So the proctor gave us the exam papers. It was a Math subject. It was hard, very hard.

After the test, my classmate said, "Pare napakahirap ng exam na yon ahhh. Wala akong nasagutan kahit isa!!!"

We found out later that the room was alternated between 3rd year students and 4th year students. Alternate rows. Since my classmate sat beside me, the idiot was taking 4th Math tests (while we were still 3rd years).

had this prof in accounting 102,304 and 167, he usually handles all the business subjects such as tax and finance etc

this prof of mine is very ill-tempered, so you just make sure that you wont get on his bad side, there was this once he got pissed off on our class because 10 of my classmates cheated on our mid term exam, so what happened was every day we will have this long quiz! coverage of the quiz will be the topic discussed on that day, the kind of test we had was too harsh, 1. true or false, right minus wrong minus blank, fill in the blanks (words that are written on the book should be the same when answering those blanks) say for example, accounts receivable and you answered account receivable is already considered as incorrect, no erasures allowed..pamatay!

his infamous line was "pag pumasa ka sa subject na to, resign ako" hahahaha

Edited by tempest21

This particular exam wasn't especially difficult. What make it memorables is the fact that we had the exam.

The subject was Systems Design. As is the norm in our course, our Finals Exams are often more a practical application, rather than a written exam. But for that Finals, our professor opted for a written exam. This shocked each everyone of us taking the subject. It was a third year subject, and many of us hadn't taken a written exam in the past two years. It was funny and disconcerting at the same time.

• 1 month later...

This was during our college days. 4th year and lahat mejo busy sa kanya-kanyang thesis. Lahat di nakapag-prepare sa mga dapat aralin sa exams. Pero usually mga top classmates namin ibo-browse ung mga necessary reviewers and even books. The day ng exam itself halos 3 persons lng mejo aware sa topic. Then the exam came. Result? ALL PASSED!!! Mostly had 3-5 mistakes.

Why? Simpleng strategy. Everyone supported each other. There were people na maghahanap sa mga reviewers and books kung anu mismo exact answers. They were really good acting like you are just busy answering but one hand is busy searching. I was one of them. They were so many who would block the professors angle to the answer seekers. There were also waiters and pretenders. They pretend na nag-e-exam sila ng seryoso. Shempre mabagal naman kung hahanapin mo lang basta basta kung nasaan answers di ba? Shempre andun mga top classmates namin na mag-guide kung saan mismo and what part ung sagot like "sa bandang 1st part yan ng topic/2nd paragraph etc etc". Pagdating sa exams, we were all united. Hahahahaha

Fyi: this method is applied sa mga so-so subjects lang naman. Sa mga crucial na we thought kelangan namin in the future, super seryoso naman talaga kami and kahit pede mag-cheat di namin ginagawa since we know mag-backfire sa amin.

I had a Physics prof in college. Sama na ng mukha (gawin mong matandang dalaga si Raimund Marasigan) sama pa ng ugali. Somehow, i became one of her favorites kasi lagi ko nasasagot iyung problems (just have a knack). Come midterms, after I finished answering the problems on my paper, I handed it over to her. She took a quick look and pointed out where I made my mistakes. She was willing that I go back to my seat to change my answers after she saw them. Out of hiya sa classmates ko (who saw the whole thing) I mumbled that I was tired of thinking and went out of the class.

Though sabi ng classmates ko if they were me they'd take that opportunity. Hehehehe...

• 1 month later...

Mga exams ni Mrs.Shelley on Med-Surg. Di nya kayang sagutin dahil super bobols siya. Kopya na lang siya nang kopya sa mga NCLEX books nang mga qs and rationales. Pag tinanong mo hindi niya ma-rationalize o ma-i-explain man yung concept. Kaya naman she only lasted 1 sem in the 2 colleges she taught at.

Edited by hottlipss

Hmmm..... my most unforgettable exam?

Final exam ng Electronics: Circuit and Design, when I was in 3rd year college :) Presentation and oral defense eh... Hindi ako mahilig dito kaya di ko to makakalimutan, nagmukhang pancit canton ang breadboard ko... hehehe

Good thing it went so well...

naiintindihan kita...

ECE board exam march 2008, math question... ayun galing ke gillesania yung tanong na pagkahaba haba tungkol sa balloon at sa big dome... kahit siguro yung gumawa ng exam di kayang sagutin... result... same choices wala ng compute compute it takes 5 sec to answer dahil copy paste yung question eh nyahaha

• 2 weeks later...

Nung high school ako, nagkaroon kami ng tactical inspection sa CAT. Kasama dun sa tactical inspection ang inspection ng, well, "intelligence" na binibigay ng visiting members ng RESCOM (Reserve Command) sa probinsya namin. At isa ako sa mga minalas na kinuha para sa "intelligence" exam (kakilala ko kasi yung S2 (intelligence officer) ng corps officers).

Yung last part ng exam ay identification...unfortunately, walang choices sa test paper and (worse) ni hindi na-cover sa mga written lessons namin sa CAT. Natural, lahat kami napapakamot-ulo. Napansin ng mga roving officers (yung taga-RESCOM, hindi yung mga CAT officers namin) na maraming papel ang blanko after 30 minutes. And 20 items lang yung identification!

Ang ginawa ng examiner, nag-offer sya ng choices, isa-isa nyang binasa yung mga questions, tas nagbigay sya ng choices. Yung unang question, medyo madali yung tanong kaya obvious yung sagot sa choices. Pero habang tumatagal...napansin ko na parang yung huling choice na binibigay nya ay yung sagot sa next question, yung unang choice ay sa previous question...at yung sagot sa current number ay nasa second choice. So ang ginawa ko, inaabangan ko yung mga 2nd choices :P

To cut the story short...na-promote mula C/Maj to C/Lt. Col yung intelligence officer namin. And pinromote naman ako from C/Pvt to C/Sgt, ni-bypass nila ako sa C/Pfc at C/Cpl :P

• 3 weeks later...

way back 2nd year college.. finals ng math 110.. isang question lang pero almost 75% ang weight nya dun sa exam na un..

"Prove that 1 > 0"

ganun lang kasimple hehe

out of more than 30 kami sa class, 3 lang ang pumasa hahaha. too bad di ako maswerte gaya ng iba hehe, had to retake it nung bumalik na ung mabait na prof tongue.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The exams that I couldn't forget was when I was in high school. I think I was in my 2nd year at that time when the examination was given. I was having a hard time answering the exam and while answering it my mind was also thinking of playing basketball or computer games with my friends after the exam. All of a sudden the most intelligent student in our class passed his paper and then said something silently while he is getting his bag that their is a pattern in the examination and that pattern was A B. Knowing that I immediately reviewed my exam paper and corrected it with ABABABABAB.... After 5 minutes I passed my exam paper and told my other friends of it. hahaha it's basketball time or is it computer time? Arrrghh don't seem to remember what happened next after the exams. All I remember was when we got our report card my grade were 90+. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Elementary: Math - bobo sa math :angry2:

HighSchool: Organic Chem - TOP sa class ;)

College (UPLB) : Botany 1 - TOP sa class ^_^

Math 14 - bagsak sa finals kya na-singko! repeated it got 2.0! :lol:

Professional (PRC): Agriculturist Licensure Exam last 2003 - PASSED! ;)

College (2nd course): lahat ng exams - kopyahan kme ng mga barkada kong 2nd coursers kya laging passed! B)

Professional (PRC): Nurses Licensure Exam last 2009 - PASSED! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

enumeration and identification type of test in grad school. :blink:

it was so................DUH. :blink:

a colleague simply left it blank, sa inis. :lol:

Contrary to Madam angelbyday's post,I on the other hand loves enumeration and identification type of test,forte ko kasi ang memorization eh. B)

Ang pinaka-hate ko is yung mga type of test na kelangan mag-analyze like Geometry lalo na yung proving a theorem ba yun? :wacko:

Tsaka MATH na rin. :blink:

Edited by ndn

There was one quiz where I got a perfect score despite being asleep for half of the lecture (crush ko pa naman ang prof, dyahe) in Electrotherapy. Malapit na kasi ang midterms noon kaya I was doing extra in the evenings.

Ngayon sa graduate school, we almost have no exams. The prof just handed out copies of studies and tasked us to identify and analyze how the studies were made. Kamote kami lahat.