Exams You Wouldn’t Forget….

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It was an unforgettable one back when I was in 4th year college.

The subject was the last part for the series of our History of Art. I got a good attendance in our teacher's class. No absences and no late. I did my report and got to report too in front of the class.

On the last day for our final exam, of course I was present. He asked us to prepare a sheet of bond paper and a pen. He sat on his desk and we were anticipating for what he'd ask us to write or answer. Then he said, "Yung name na tatawagin ko, exempted sa final exam natin for today. Meaning, hindi na nya kelangan pa i-complete na mag-take ng exam kasi ok ang result nya. And that person na tatawagin ko will not just be exempted but will also get an Uno for the grade for this subject. So alam na nya agad ang grade nya pag tinawag ko sya. Yung maiiwan naman at hindi matatawag, you'll have to take the exam."

Syempre normal na reaction namin na kabahan. And I was thinking na 2 of my barkada will get it, coz I know that both of them are under a scholarship. We were twenty in the class that time.

"Clue, babae sya." He was teasing the class that time. So naisip ko nga na isa nga sa kabarkada ko kasi all girls naman kami nun sa group namin.

"Sir, ilan po ba yan?" I asked.

"Nag-iisa lang..." He answered.

"Wag mo na patagalin, Sir. Mamaya mahirap yung exam maubusan pa kami ng oras sa pagsagot nyan eh..." I answered back while smiling.

""O sige na, lumabas ka na ng room." He countered.

"So, sino nga po yan, Sir?" I asked.

"Ayaw mo?" He asked me with a serious tone.

"Ako?" I didn't know that time if I was asking the right question at all.

"Ayaw mo nga ba?" He answered back.

"Sir, walang biruan. Kayo naman." Still not believing.

"Ok, to formally announce it. It's you, Miss G. Now get out of the room bago ko pa bawiin." Then he showed his grade sheet to us. "Baka lang hindi kayo maniwala."

Wow! (I was congratulated by my classmates except for one. Yung isa sa kabarkada ko. Competitive kasi sya sa lahat sa amin kahit na magkakabarkada kami, except dun sa iba. She just smiled but I really felt her disappointment).

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I dunno if this can be considered, but it is something I won't ever forget.

Before I went to high school, I got to take some 4 entrance exams back then in different schools. PCHS Main, CKSC, Hope, and St. Stephen.

I just graduated from Grade 6, and that day it was my last-minute decided exam in Hope. I was ushered to the exam room which is their library and there was this long table. I seated myself and as I was finishing the exam only then did I look around. At the far side of the table I was taking my exam was my crush since I was in Grade 2!

I was shaking and hurriedly finished my exam. I was blushing all over. Of course I couldn't call on him, I'd be at the most embarrassing moment of my life if I do that! But my cousin saw him and called him. I was dead silent as I was hearing what they were talking about. The entrance exam was for formality only and that my crush will really be studying in Hope. Oh such an info!

So when I got to talk to my Mom, she asked where would I want to take my high school, since I was so confident I passed them all. Of course my instant answer was Hope! But my Mom was telling me try the others, to go for CKSC instead. Told her I thought I was the one choosing. I said I didn't want to go to CKSC because I wasn't aware of anyone going there from our batch. She asked how about PCHS. Told her the same and said I wanna go for Hope. So she finally asked me why. I said because I saw my crush taking an exam there and overheard his conversation with my cousin, at least that one person I'd know already.

Sadly, I ended up in PCHS.

(Sayang!)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I always doodle on my exam papers (even scratch papers during the college entrance exams) because I usually finish ahead of time, I had no patience to review my answers back then.

Well, except that one longtest, I forget which subject but it was back in college. I always sat in the back of the class (pretty sure it was a boring non-major class, Filipino I think).

I came in late once, and everyone was quiet. Turned out to be a suprise longtest for me.

There is this certain prof in UP Diliman who has a "terror" and "trippy" vibe. His final exam is a 6 hour long quiz marathon. Minsan manonood pa ng classic movies and magtatanong siya about it. Magpapadala pa siya ng food para hindi kayo magutom. Weird no?

I'm sure people from Diliman know him very well or at least have heard of him.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

nursing board exams first day medical surgical nakatulog me ng 10 minutes while taking the exams,kala ko hinde ko matatapos,2nd day last exam psych very happy kasi madali ang exams without knowing i was shading wrong number in the answer sheet,erase 10 wrong answers would prove costly dahil bumaba average pero Thank God and I still end up passing the board!