Exams You Wouldn’t Forget….

• 2 weeks later...

for our economics mid terms exams back in college, we were not trying to cheat, we were just trying to get the teacher's style, so we borrowed the previous year's exam. turned out the teacher did not change the exam. come finals, again, we wanted to get a feel for his questions, he did not change it again, but for the finals, we shared the questions to our block. we were quite popular then. but the teacher was cool about it. besides, it is more of a problem for him than anything. standard practice naman ang i-review ang previous year's exams as practice questions e.

recent exams that are quite unforgettable: PRC exam for brokers and appraisers some years back; i got top 8 and top 9 highest scores respectively.

Edited by Bikerboy

Entrance Exam sa Taft.

Engineering Exam sa PSME.
NEBOSH Certification Exam sa UK.

When I was still studying abroad, my Astronomy Instructor caught me sleeping (snoring) during his class. As a punishment he gave me a 1000 credit exam about Einstein's Theory of Relativity (including mathematical computations regarding time dilation :angry2: ). My instructor said that if I can pass this exam, I can skip his class until the end of quarter, if not, I fail the entire quarter.

So, I spent a week (no breaks) in our Library with dusty old books, science magazines, etc. ( I mean who reads these?) since Wikipedia isn't a reliable source. I somehow managed to pass the freaking exam (800 credits is the passing score).

This event triggered my interest and excitement in studying astronomy that it became my hobby until today (except the mathematical equations and computations :lol: :lol: ).

Clever instructor!

Are you Physics Undergrad doing Master's Degree in Astrophysics abroad?

May activity kami noon sa java class namin. Sabi nung prof if 50% nang class ma-perfect ung activity, we'll skip the final exam (the activity composes of 8 HARD programming problems w/ computations that needs to meet stipulations).

Nagawa ko ung dalawa, dahil sa dalawang problems na nagawa ko wala kaming final exam... Kasi na-perfect na ng iba kong classmates. :D

Unforgettable. Literal na umiiyak kami kasi sobrang hirap magpa-exam ng prof na un.

Edited by glyr
  • 3 weeks later...

I wont forget my board exam. a year of reviews, a year of problem solving, a year of memorizing, a year of non stop reading, solving, writing formulas, derive formulas, understanding logic, slack tests, 100 problems daily. my only reprieve was around 3am, a coffee break, driving around the subdivision, fresh air, then continue until 7am. then sleep for 4 hours. continue again at 1pm until 7pm. dinner and sleep until 12am. then continue. again and again for a year. until books and books are stuffed between my ears. after passing the exam, I was so free... I was like out of the academe industry line and out of the academic maze... I made it at 22. but then again, I did welcome myself to the world of the unemployed :)

i'll never forget that place in UE. my first and only time that went in that school. I was late as well, since hindi ko alam pasikot sikot sa ue manila! I did not eat lunch. I feel kulang ang oras! I feel, I need to check, recheck and do it one more time to ensure that my answers have been verified enough. well, the more I look, the more answers that came out hehehe. so I did have my doubts. i'll never forget that after nun nanood pa ako ng sine, I think it was troy. if my memory is correct.

I did ate at mcdonalds after. and I kept wondering for days if I passed or failed. ibang tao pa nagsabi sakin na pumasa ako :) hehehe

I guess its all part of history now :)

Finals namin sa Biosci. yung prof namin pinapila kami sa labas alphabetical, nagtataka ako bat walang test paper at yellowpad lang pinapadala. tapos pinapasok na kami sa classroom na nakapila pa rin. yun pala yung mga arm chair naka arrange na tapos nasa arm rest ang questions nakadikit. bawat upuan isang question. tapos pinaharap kami sa nga upuan, kung anong number ang andoon sa harapang upuan yun muna sasagutan. tulad ko pang 27 ako sa class kaya 27 muna sinagutan ko. nagdala pa sya ng buzzer. yun ang hudyat para lumipat ka na sa susunod na upuan to answer another question. ok sana kung multiple choice kaso puro identification tapos may time pressure pa, 5 seconds to answer minsan wala pang 5 seconds nagbuzzer na sya. sa awa naman ng Diyos nakapasa, isa yun sa mga di ko malilimutang pagpapaexam sa amin.

and another yung civil service exam last year August, wala ako masyadong review ng mga panahong yun busy sa work and buti nakapasa kahit .04% na lang babagsak na. sumabit pa sa passing rate na 80%

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

engineering board exam. nung day na kumuha ako parang hindi ko na maalala yung mga minemorize ko. dahil kaya sa sobrang nerbiyos? well anyway sabi ng nanay ko kung hindi ako makapasa kumuha na lang daw ako ulit. with that in mind minabuti ko na lang na ituloy ang pag exam kahit na medyo blanko utak ko. sa awa ng diyos nakapasa naman.77 lang kuha ko sa na passing na 75.

Edited by batman-robin
kulang sa word
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

short quiz sa Science ang sa akin. absent kasi ako ng ilang araw dahil sa sakit. sa simula ng Science class namin ay nag quiz kaagad yung teacher namin. conversion ng values para sa iba't ibang units of measurement. perfect naman ako doon sa quiz dahil sa kabisado ko naman ang conversion. pero iginiit ng teacher na dapat zero daw ako dahil hindi ko daw sinunod yung procedure na itinuro niya noong absent ako. napakasama siya at hindi tinanggap yung paliwanag ko na absent ako noong mga nagdaang araw.

• 1 month later...

Calculus exam. Wala ako naintindihan sa lecture. Tapos si prof umiikot kung magbantay. Hirap kumopya kasi ung katabi ko wala din alam. 

Prelim grade 3.0

Midterm 3.0

Finals 3.0

3.0 = 75

Atleast di ako repeater. 

Fast forward... Ngayon di ko alam san ko iaapply ang calculus sa pang araw araw na buhay🤣

• 1 month later...

The only hurdles to my college graduation were two PE subjects which I carelessly ignored . Buti na lang may PEPE sa diliman ( hindi joke ito. It stands for Physical Education Placement Examination ) where if you pass the requirement set by the examiners you earned the credit. I took the swimming placement exam where I had to swim two full lengths of the Olympic Pool .

Thence I had to dry off , run to the gym for the second PEPE  ... weightlifting where I had to do a clean jerk equivalent to my weight. Pucha comrades pumasa naman pero I had to run off to the toilet as I literally shat in my pants  with the effort. 🤣

Edited by FF