Living Abroad Vs Living In The Philippines?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All. Gusto ko lang magvent out. I would personally want to live abroad. Ang pinaka-kinaiinisan ko dito sa Pinas eh yung kulang sa disiplina mga tao. General lang naman 'to as I experience this everyday.

Pagddrive pa lang makikita na halos lahat ng mali dito. Ang daming mga tao pag kinausap mo disente naman sila, okay sila kasama pero pagdating sa trapik at sa pagmamaneho nag-iiba ugali. Pasok na lang kung saan pwede at kasya yung kotse, kahit gumawa na ng sariling lane. Walang paki kung matataprik ang kabaling side basta mauna sila.

Ang daming mahilig gumamit ng bright. Pagbibigyan mo na nga sila para tumawid, ibbright ka pa nila. Hindi ba nila alam na masakit sa mata? Oo, baka pwedeng "thank you" ang ibig sabihin nito. PERO hindi ba pwedeng mahinang busina na lang? -- Pag nagthank-you ba isang tao sayo, gusto mo ba itapat nila ang flash light nila sa mata mo?

Marami pang mga maliliit na bagay sa pagmamaneho na nakakagalit talaga.

Nakakawalang-gana na rin kasi minsan pag-iniisip ko na manatili dito sa Pilipinas. Lagi nating binibintangan ang gobyerno kung bakit mahirap ang Pilipinas. Oo baka nga may kasalanan ang mga namumuno sa bansa natin, pero hindi yun ibig sabihin na wala rin tayong pagkakamali. Lagi nating sinasabi ibang tao ang may dahilan, ibang tao ang may kasalanan.

In our own EVERYDAY LITTLE WAYS, we can be aware of whats happening around us, knowing the right things to do, and actively working towards a better Philippines.

It depends.. If you'll be living abroad alone .. I would prefer to stay or back in the ph after a couple of years

but if you have family or friends abroad, I would surely choose living abroad.

As for me, I'm new to California, Wala pang 3 years. Every now and then I would think na gusto ko na umuwi ng ph.

reason is I'm alone here, got a few friends, and my lifestyle in the ph was way better compared to my lifestyle here in the US

Prolly, I'll save up money for 5-10 years, then go back and retire in the ph. (Yes I should have started saving up already, but no, maluho ako dito since I got my own money and I can buy everything I want)

But all of these would change pag nakahanap ako ng lovelife dito, siguro di ko na iisipig umuwi pag nangyari yon :P :P

• 3 weeks later...

If 1 is LUCKY enough to get to STUDY/WORK & LIVE abroad ... this gives 1 an opportunity to SEE how things work especially the camaraderie between Pinoys or even LACK of it.

This FORCES 1 to "get along" with the natives of the country you are staying in ... as well as other nationalities.

You get to COMPARE what it is like to live there ... relative to your own country.

But for most ... it is DIFFICULT to ADJUST.

However, it is a MEANS to SURVIVE & SAVE up for your loved 1s.

Yet, to LIVE in your own country AFTER the STAY in another land ... makes you APPRECIATE what your own has to offer, MINUS those that arent TOO great about it (corruption, traffic, lack of infrastructure).

Others CHOOSE to MIGRATE & LEAVE their HOME land behind ...

This is the REALITY of life.

But ... for me, I STILL believe in the Philippines DESPITE the NOT so NICE things we see, hear and experience.

• Like (+1) 1

I agree with the post above.

For me, there is no better place than home, which is the Philippines. I voice this not out of acid experience, because I also enjoyed living abroad for sometime and still often travel to other countries even outside Asia for short stay for various reasons. Life abroad may bring comfort to many, often material, but life's meaning, after all, is driven mainly by relationships. Such relationships are quite extensive in the Philippines.

The only thing that riles me most these days in living in Metro Manila is the traffic, but I guess, it is just a little discomfort concomitant to the immeasurable warmth of being with family, friends and relatives. I wish I could always take the traffic then as a blessing, seeing a big middle class base prosper in recent years but on one side, be reminded of the bureaucratic failure to address the strong growth of our beloved country through the needed infrastructure development, as we see in the more developed countries.

• 1 month later...

I am fortunate to experience what life is in the Philippines and living in the U.S. it really depends on your priorities in life and your current financial situation.

There are a ton of opportunities abroad which pays a whole lot better and with health benefits on top of that. Unlike here in P.I. where most of the time when you get hired, you get paid below minimum with no benefits.

Also, in my experience living in the U.S., it's much more convenience over there as to compared to PI. Just the traffic itself in PI would ruin your schedule and wouldn't allow you to maximize the things you can do in a day.

But for some reason, it's really more fun in the Philippines. It's a free for all country. And I kinda like that.

But right now, I'd choose living outside the Philippines since there are more opportunities out there. I gotta hustle and make ends meet first before having a good time. I'd still go back to P.I but not to live but for just vacation

I come home about 6 to 7 times a year but after 15yrs of doing it it gets tiring. I am at a crossroads now whether to stay in Phils for good or Australia. Money here is good and safe but really boring. Manila is opposite but money is hard to come by. I wish I can take a nice lady back to oz then that would make me stop coming.

Edited by tisoy1

For me, biggest advantage of living in the Philippines...cheap labor, cheap vice, best beaches. Most of everything else is better abroad. I'm just being honest. But given the choice I would still stay here because it's my home.

There's an easy way to compare living conditions of countries. Just look at their immigration statistics. If more people are coming in than leaving, then it's good. If more people are leaving than coming in, then it's not good.

Edited by camus