Living Abroad Vs Living In The Philippines?

ive lived in the states, it was ok. 7 years of paying up for all the things i wanted to buy. It was good because i became responsible, bad because it was so damn freakin hard to budget. in the philippines we don't usually get what we want but i am so comfortable here with alll the maids. hehehe

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

same-same lang. :rolleyes:

important thing to consider wherever place you are is that your income is above the majority.

for long fun factor, nothing beats pinas, novelty lang pag nasa ibang bansa ka masaya pag bago, so-so na pag tumagal ka (more than 3 months).

• 1 month later...

I'm starting this thread for sharing of some experiences here in US by Pinoys.

I'm relatively new here as immigrant, less than 2 years. Age is 34gotten. I'm someone that Filipino Americans (Pinoys born or raised here in US) would love to tag as FOB or Fresh Off the Boat, because of my heavy carabao English.

I've recently resigned from my current work as Business Analyst in Virginia to accept a Managerial position in Tennessee. One thing about the Stateside life is that one moves from State to State in the sense that it's like someone buying fishball in a street corner in Makati CBD, which by the way, I terribly miss.

Prior to accepting the Tennessee Waltz offer, I've been to that place 3 times and really is just mesmerized by its beauty (and also of Nicole Kidman's elegant stature - she gave birth here early this month).

Now, the process of relocating begins. It's quite an adventure really - the long Inter-State drive to get from point A to point B, settling for the initial apartment, then adjusting to the new workplace.

Walang kasing sarap sa pinas..kahit pa sabihin mong madaming magnanakaw, masasama ang loob, mga tiwaling opisyal...

basta hindi kumakalam ang sikmura, mas pipiliin ko pa rin sa pinas....

ipon lang sa ibang bansa, ipagamit ang galing natin sa kanila at mag kamal ng salapi para sa ganun eh makapag pundar sa pinas at umuwi nalang doon..eheheh

I love Philippines

Walang kasing sarap sa pinas..kahit pa sabihin mong madaming magnanakaw, masasama ang loob, mga tiwaling opisyal...

basta hindi kumakalam ang sikmura, mas pipiliin ko pa rin sa pinas....

ipon lang sa ibang bansa, ipagamit ang galing natin sa kanila at mag kamal ng salapi para sa ganun eh makapag pundar sa pinas at umuwi nalang doon..eheheh

I love Philippines

i agree kahit ano pa ang sakit nang pinas,basta hindi kumakalam ang sikmura mas pipiliin ko pa rin ang pinas,iba talaga dyan sa atin

working for one of the biggest comp in saudi arabia and i travel a lot with my boss.. spend some times in italy , jordan , germany, egypt and europe... im not telling this places are not great.... it beautiful talaga grabe .... pero living....pinas pa rin ..

theres no place like home ....... :thumbsupsmiley:

I ALWAYS MISSED MY NATIVE LAND,PILIPINAS..PERO PATAWARIN PA RIN NYA AKO,DAHIL PAG AKO AY NAG RETIRED SA KINAROROONAN KUNG BANSA AY BALIK-BALIKAN AKO EVERY 6MONTHS..SA DAHILANG MASARAP

ANG PAKIRAMDAM PAG NASANAY K NA RIN SA MAY "SNOW O MALAMIG" NA LUGAR..ISA PA AY ALLOWED LANG

6MONTH LUMAYO SA LUGAR NA ITO,KUNG DI PUTOL PENSION MO..WHAHHHHHHHHHH...