• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been offered to buy Ayala Preferred Shares by virtue of my Ayala Corp stockholdings. I am not sure of the advantages of preferred shares over owning common shares which I now have. Would you recommend I buy into this offer? Thanks in advance.

go to PSE's website (www.pse.org.ph) then search mo ang mga accredited na brokers. then try to get in touch with those brokers and you can ask questions from them about buying stocks.

in a nutshell, you open an account with a broker. buy a stock through them and either you keep the stock certificates or just leave it with the broker. some brokers have online systems so you can trade using the internet.

as of today PLDT is at 2505 per share and BDO is 42.5 per share. btw, you can buy minimum of 10 shares for PLDT and 100 shares siguro sa BDO di ako sure.

good luck

I want to engage in stock investments. Please tell me how to buy a stock?

Plan ko sa BDO or PLDT. Can u give me any ideas wher and how can i buy? What is the current selling price?

Thanks.

as far as i know the advantage of preferred shares over common shares is that if the company goes broke and they would sell off their assets, they would first pay off their creditors, whatever is left they will give back to the preferred shares holders and lastly whats left will be given back to common share holders.

I have been offered to buy Ayala Preferred Shares by virtue of my Ayala Corp stockholdings. I am not sure of the advantages of preferred shares over owning common shares which I now have. Would you recommend I buy into this offer? Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

4250 plus charges ng broker mo.

you can buy shares of stocks sa registered brokers sa PSE lang. check their website para sa list. me mga malalaking banks na meron din brokerage service like bpitrade, metrobank, rcbc, etc.

ang mga bonds sa banks ata yan eh di ko talaga sure.

When you say 42.5 per share......

It means 42.5 pesos per share?....IF the minimum is 100 share then 4250 ang kelangan ko iinvest?

San po ako bibili ng ganyan? Any BDO outlets?

• 2 weeks later...

u can buy min no of stock at it "lot size", which is show at the information page of each stock at pse web site. some time coz by any reason, u have some shares is less than a lot size, u still can trade it at odd lot board, which is usually abit lower than the market price.

preferred stock are more similar to bonds, u received the interest on a fix period of time. some time, teh preferred share can be converted to common stock, it depends on how it was issue.

when u buy a certain stock , only commission was "earn" by broker, all other charges goes to PSE or government.

u cam also log in to pse at

www.pse.com.ph

the www.pse.org.ph is the original/old site, but both link to same site

for me, both fundamental and technical analysis are for reference only, never, i repeat, never believing it 100%! maybe only 70%, especially u r a new into this.

For me stock investing is a long term investment. You will never know or predict the direction of the market. They say buy low and sell high. In my experience, I do not know how low is the price to sell high. It is my opinion that it is better to buy stocks when there is blood in the street. meaning when nobody wants to buy stocks. Prices will be very cheap!

One piece of advise, never never never go into something that you don't fully understand what you are going in to. Stock investing needs some time learning, so better start learning now if you want to invest in stocks.

One broker that offers online transactions is Citiseconline. I've attended one of their seminars. You'll need at least 25,000 to start.

Ang rule of thumb lang nung isang financial advisor - you invest in stock market with something you can live without. To make it short, you're ready to loose your investment at any time without you going berserk. :D

Why not go with Equity Fund via Mutual Funds? It's actually the same, diversified pa. Where can you start investing P5,000 where you can have a piece of PLDT, Ayala, BPI, SM etc. You can't do that in stocks but only in MF.

• 2 weeks later...