How low can the Dow go? It's currently in its November level, wiping out any gains (which were HUGE) up to Jan 26 and putting everyone in the red for the year so far.

Ako, I'm sticking with my strategy of buying on the dips and selling them back once the stocks hit a new high.

The market lost 10%. For every 1% drop, I buy $1K. I can still afford another 15% drop. Sure I am losing money but they will go back up anyway to around 26,150 by April.

This has been my strategy all along. I allocate $25K in cash (now it's just down to $14K) which allows me to absorb 25% drop in market.

But I don't see the Dow dropping further by another 15%. What do you guys think?

Edited by MRROUGHSEX

if u have an existing account with bdo - bdo nomura, bpi - bpi trade, metrobank - first metro. minimum is just 5k. invest only an amount u can afford to lose..

Thank you sir. medyo newbie kasi talaga ko in terms of this. I don't know kasi where to put part of my salary. Is it ok to invest in bonds? read an article na SMC is offering bonds up to 30B with about 6% interest per annum. Do you think it's safer than stocks? Sorry medyo off topic na

Thank you sir. medyo newbie kasi talaga ko in terms of this. I don't know kasi where to put part of my salary. Is it ok to invest in bonds? read an article na SMC is offering bonds up to 30B with about 6% interest per annum. Do you think it's safer than stocks? Sorry medyo off topic na

If you're almost retiring put your money in bonds, otherwise take some calculated risks.

And if you divide your portfolio in 4 equal amounts and you lose 10% of a certain stock, that's only 2.5%. That's an example of risk management.

Edited by rontan2014