• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

GT Holdings IPO ... ok ba?? if ever EastWest bank does offer IPOs.. would it be a good buy?? info thanks

I'm just new sa thread na to.. Been a holder ng CITISEC for a year now.:). Still practicing..

I've read na mataas ang demand ngayon dyan sa IPO ng GT Holdings and they're saying na hindi daw sila magtataas ng price. I think the current price for this is 455, still in the range which is 415-470. Pwede.. :rolleyes: However, I'm not a basher for this stock (or any other stocks)so decide for your own na lang. But I think it's a good buy. That is.. if you could still catch a ride. ;)

GT Capital has interests in banking (Metropolitan Bank and Trust Co.), power (Global Business Power), real estate (Federal Land Inc.), automotive (Toyota Motor Philippines) and insurance (Phil AXA Life Insurance Corp.)

http://business.inquirer.net/52273/gt-capital-sets-ipo-at-p455-per-share-for-up-to-p21-6b

I was hoping to know somebody who could read the market as if he/she uses a crystal ball.. *sigh*

Edited by ILY

I'm just new sa thread na to.. Been a holder ng CITISEC for a year now.:). Still practicing..

I've read na mataas ang demand ngayon dyan sa IPO ng GT Holdings and they're saying na hindi daw sila magtataas ng price. I think the current price for this is 455, still in the range which is 415-470. Pwede.. :rolleyes: However, I'm not a basher for this stock (or any other stocks)so decide for your own na lang. But I think it's a good buy. That is.. if you could still catch a ride. ;)

GT Capital has interests in banking (Metropolitan Bank and Trust Co.), power (Global Business Power), real estate (Federal Land Inc.), automotive (Toyota Motor Philippines) and insurance (Phil AXA Life Insurance Corp.)

http://business.inquirer.net/52273/gt-capital-sets-ipo-at-p455-per-share-for-up-to-p21-6b

I was hoping to know somebody who could read the market as if he/she uses a crystal ball.. *sigh*

kayang kaya ninyo mag play ng stocks.. CPA k diba ma'm? gud luk po. and tnx sa info. kumuha na ako IPO GT..

east west will be a good buy :rolleyes:

thanks .. if ever they do offer IPOs .. a medium sized commercial bank pitted against citibank and the rest.. exciting.. and when there's excitement there's a lot of room for speculation..hehehe..question is .. would they be able to sustain the expansion?? a lot of Eastwest branches mushrooming in almost everywhere..

thanks .. if ever they do offer IPOs .. a medium sized commercial bank pitted against citibank and the rest.. exciting.. and when there's excitement there's a lot of room for speculation..hehehe..question is .. would they be able to sustain the expansion?? a lot of Eastwest branches mushrooming in almost everywhere..

are you insinuating that it's share price will go up because of the speculation brought about by the "excitement"?

• Downvote 1

If you bought stock in Philex Mines 1 year ago, you would have more than doubled your money by now

not really. the 52 week low of this stock is 15.30 and the 52 week high is 28.95 and closed at 20.50 yesterday. The stock peaked sometime Aug of last year and has since corrected to 18.50 before consolidating at current levels.

• Downvote 1

not really. the 52 week low of this stock is 15.30 and the 52 week high is 28.95 and closed at 20.50 yesterday. The stock peaked sometime Aug of last year and has since corrected to 18.50 before consolidating at current levels.

it's still your gut feeling plus some insider information that would decide which stocks to buy or sell.. all the fundamental analysis.. to check out the company's business standing ... the technical analysis to get the stock trends.. do give a semblance of control.. but in the end.. there's still the element of gambling in stock trading.. you lose some .. you win some.. it's an emotional game..you do what your emotions tell you to do.. having the composure to do what's right.. at the right moment would decide if you gain or lose.. the numbers don't lie.. but your perception at times gets blurred in all the 'excitement'.. Please sir fatchubs..huwag po ninyo masamain ang sinabi ko.. and if I did rub you the wrong way .. pa cencya na po..

1334211919[/url]' post='8171505']

it's still your gut feeling plus some insider information that would decide which stocks to buy or sell.. all the fundamental analysis.. to check out the company's business standing ... the technical analysis to get the stock trends.. do give a semblance of control.. but in the end.. there's still the element of gambling in stock trading.. you lose some .. you win some.. it's an emotional game..you do what your emotions tell you to do.. having the composure to do what's right.. at the right moment would decide if you gain or lose.. the numbers don't lie.. but your perception at times gets blurred in all the 'excitement'.. Please sir fatchubs..huwag po ninyo masamain ang sinabi ko.. and if I did rub you the wrong way .. pa cencya na po..

First and foremost, I don't see the connection on what you're saying now to my post earlier wherein I was just stating the REAL FACTS with regards to the share price movement of PX. In short I am saying that the price of PX did not double as what you claimed. Having said that you can contest the data that I gave to counter your claim if you deemed they are incorrect.

As far as your post, hindi ko minamasama. In fact, Yes I agree there is what you termed an element of gambling in stock trading. The Professional fund managers/traders uses the word RISK or risk taking in stock trading. Fundamental and technical analysis are tools used for risk management. Inside info can be a factor in one's decision making process. Some uses one or a combination of these tools. In the end decisions of traders varies depending on their decision making bias.

Maybe in your case or as others maybe, would rely more on insider info when buying or selling ... There is nothing wrong about that if that is the person's preference though I would say there are traders too that are least dependent on these insider info when making a market call. For example one insider says that the price of X will double in 3 months. Some people would immediately rush in to buy that stock. On the other hand fundamentalist given that he also heard of the info would want to validate developments in the company that would make the price double before calling a buy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote 1

First and foremost, I don't see the connection on what you're saying now to my post earlier wherein I was just stating the REAL FACTS with regards to the share price movement of PX. In short I am saying that the price of PX did not double as what (you) M4MMF claimed. Having said that you can contest the data that I gave to counter (your) HIS claim if you deemed they are incorrect.

As far as your post, hindi ko minamasama. In fact, Yes I agree there is what you termed an element of gambling in stock trading. The Professional fund managers/traders uses the word RISK or risk taking in stock trading. Fundamental and technical analysis are tools used for risk management. Inside info can be a factor in one's decision making process. Some uses one or a combination of these tools. In the end decisions of traders varies depending on their decision making bias.

Maybe in your case or as others maybe, would rely more on insider info when buying or selling ... There is nothing wrong about that if that is the person's preference though I would say there are traders too that are least dependent on these insider info when making a market call. For example one insider says that the price of X will double in 3 months. Some people would immediately rush in to buy that stock. On the other hand fundamentalist given that he also heard of the info would want to validate developments in the company that would make the price double before calling a buy.

@smart-ass

sorry i over-looked things. it was not YOU who claimed that the price of PX have doubled since last year. It was M4MMF. My apologies.

Edited by fatchubs
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote 1

MARC going strong, but it's not yet the end of it's streak.

As for the JAP stocks, I'd say they're worth looking into, especially with NI, and maybe ORE.

CHI currently bleeding for the last few days, reaching 6.30+ during last hour today. But it enters support at 6, so that would be a good signal to buy.

• 4 weeks later...

UBP.. is it a good buy at 95??

Hi Sir I'm currently working as a trader for Nieves Securities Inc.,if we base it on the chart it seems that UBP is moving in a sideways trend with resistance at 109.5. :-) It's just a trade the range for me ah. goodluck!

Edited by Semirara
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...