Why don't you try colfinancial.com (or formerly known citiseconline). They have a good platform for stock investments for beginners. Its very easy to open an account with them. ITs all there in their website.

Start small, preferably a sum that you wont really need in the near term. Online stock trading provides recommendations almost on a daily basis. They feature certain companies that would serve as your guide in buying or selling it. Read through them. Eventually, you will get the hang on understanding how the market works.

Unfortunately, there really is no short cut to knowing the market. There are seminars there , I also participate in giving lectures on such, but in reality, its a daily dose of reading on your part.

Open an account first. Because you really wont learn if you don't make your feet wet, so to speak. Then explore the website. Read the memos that they release everyday. If you have any more questions, just PM me.

I already have an account with col. I registered and started buying a year or so ago but it was only in the last 3 months that i really got interested on the gains i am having. I sold some ALI shares which i first bought when i started for a 48% gain. Im not sure how to target my gains though. That is why i think, i need more mentors. Haha

I receive messages from bo sanchez's truly rich club too, which is an avid promoter of COL. :) so i try to follow what he suggests.

I try to add little more investments at a more constant rate and time since december, i guess, i am being encouraged with how the stock market is doing now. :)

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! ;)

@wyette,

Hello! Yes, I'm still alive!

Regarding Stocks and COL, why don't try to attend the free seminar just so it'll freshen your interest sa stocks? I've been with COL for more than a year now and I can say na okay naman returns nya. I'm not a big-time investor.. just a small money here and there trying to hit the positive gain. I rarely do day trade these days so investing in established but still cheap stocks in terms of price is the way to go.

I have two stocks na naipit ang money ko... CPG (formerly PWR) and PX but keeping my fingers crossed na time will come na makakabawi din ako kaya hold lang. Good thing other stocks in my porfolio are performing well.

Happy investing!

Be careful on the 2nd quarter the bear may win over the bull. just don't go against the trend of the stock were still on a up trend . In a Bull time every trader even new one can be an expert and even teach other one or two stock since generally most stock is just making highier high. Don't blindly fallow any one ,one have to know the company or stock before trading since is your money that is on stake. Be discipline in trading Try to read COME INTO MY TRADING ROOM by Alexander Elder and The Original Turtle Trading Rules.

Edited by tombone

I already have an account with col. I registered and started buying a year or so ago but it was only in the last 3 months that i really got interested on the gains i am having. I sold some ALI shares which i first bought when i started for a 48% gain. Im not sure how to target my gains though. That is why i think, i need more mentors. Haha

I receive messages from bo sanchez's truly rich club too, which is an avid promoter of COL. :) so i try to follow what he suggests.

I try to add little more investments at a more constant rate and time since december, i guess, i am being encouraged with how the stock market is doing now. :)

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! ;)

You seem to know what you are doing, wyette. You are actually doing the right thing. Your only problem is how to target your gains, and I guess that translates to .... "when do you sell". That is very hard, and summons much discipline. Academically, you sell when the market reaches the stock's valuation. How do you value the stock? you have to get future cash flows and apply time value of money. COL provides its customers valuations of certain stocks so that can be your initial guide.

It's nice to listen to analysts' recommendation but do remember that others may have read it at the same time you did. So by the time you take action of their recommendation, you may be at the tail end. Read their recommendations and use it as your guide. But sometimes, its still better to do your own research.

• Like (+1) 1

Any feedback on the IPO of PBB?

The demand is definitely there. Its 4X oversubscribed. Its valued relatively cheaper. Everyone is so optimistic about this IPO for the year of the snake.

It would most likely see an upside on the first trading day, and can easily reach 40+.

Did I buy? No, I didn't. I'm just not interested in its business model. A thrift bank catering to small and medium enterprises.

The demand is definitely there. Its 4X oversubscribed. Its valued relatively cheaper. Everyone is so optimistic about this IPO for the year of the snake.

It would most likely see an upside on the first trading day, and can easily reach 40+.

Did I buy? No, I didn't. I'm just not interested in its business model. A thrift bank catering to small and medium enterprises.

They intend to offer the shares at a max pricing of around 41 which would make the stock fairly valued with minimal upside. At 31.50 this should be if I'm not mistaken around 1.4x price to book ... EW is doing close to 2 P/B which means 40 should be attainable if the market will price it that way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote 1

They intend to offer the shares at a max pricing of around 41 which would make the stock fairly valued with minimal upside. At 31.50 this should be if I'm not mistaken around 1.4x price to book ... EW is doing close to 2 P/B which means 40 should be attainable if the market will price it that way.

You are correct. technically, you are right. But if you remember, east west bank was offered at around 1.2x price to book during its IPO. They also chose to offer it at a big discount, expecting the market to price it correctly by the time it goes to market. But it took some time before the price went up. And PBB is definitely way smaller than East West Bank. So im not entirely sure how the market would react to this. The only light I see in this IPO is that it is offered at a bullish market. If for that reason alone, I think this IPO may fly on the first few days.

You are correct. technically, you are right. But if you remember, east west bank was offered at around 1.2x price to book during its IPO. They also chose to offer it at a big discount, expecting the market to price it correctly by the time it goes to market. But it took some time before the price went up. And PBB is definitely way smaller than East West Bank. So im not entirely sure how the market would react to this. The only light I see in this IPO is that it is offered at a bullish market. If for that reason alone, I think this IPO may fly on the first few days.

hopefully it does ... any OTC deals you've heard of on PBB?

Edited by fatchubs
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I would like to enter the stock market but i have little to no experience in it. But i do have skills in predicting trends because of my profession (i predicted the stocks trend of US during both presidential elections)

my question is this.

what is the general behavior of the stocks before and after Christmas season? (it sound weird but i have to have a baseline on the behavior, if it follows what my known industry does). does it go up before christmas and down after christmas?

I would like to enter the stock market but i have little to no experience in it. But i do have skills in predicting trends because of my profession (i predicted the stocks trend of US during both presidential elections)

my question is this.

what is the general behavior of the stocks before and after Christmas season? (it sound weird but i have to have a baseline on the behavior, if it follows what my known industry does). does it go up before christmas and down after christmas?

the general trend is it goes up in december ... should be higher after christmas due to year-end window dressing activities

• Downvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...