How the stock market issues move is a mirror of the country's economy in general.

Specific issues move depending on outlook of the particular industry and how well the listed company is managed.

To be a good investor in the stock market, you need to be familiar with balance sheet, income statement and basically in the subjects most people are not interested in, accounting and economics.

Fair value is a function of interest rate and outlook on growth.

The stock market will almost always end up being overvalued or under valued. In a very flat market, it may settle at what is perceived, repeat perceived as fair value.

No one is more correct about the price or value of the listed company, than what the market dictates, ie the price of the stock.

Takes time and lots of reading to be a good investor Takes even a longer time to be a good trader.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

There are 2 kinds of players in the stock market

1. Investors

2. Traders

Investors are people who buy stocks and hold it for number of years. They buy equities based on fundamentals of the companies. These companies has a known products and even if the market is bearish they tend to appreciate in prices. But not all blue chips companies perform good in stocks there are times that these companies price go down and there are times that it shoot up. But the good thing is if you are a long term investors you will reap the profit once you exit.

Traders are people who monitor the stocks everyday they buy stocks based on fundamentals and technical analysis. These people are skilled in predicting where the price of a certain stocks will go up or down and they make decisions based on their analysis. They buy and they sell for a short period of time depending on the trend they see. But most of them are sentimental so they tend to sell their stocks to cut loses but some take profits.

is there any book you can suggest to read for a beginner in stock market? planning to invest..pero no idea.thanks guys

Kahit links na lang of beginners on online investors of stocks, please share. :)

Stock Smarts Stock Investing Made Easy by Marvin Germo, you can also check his blogsite www.marvingermo.com

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

there a lot of so call guru out there , don't blindly fallow and don't invest in stock if one doesn't know what he or she is buying is easy to lose money or stuck with the stock your investing, where now in bear trend and price may still drop more, is best to study technical or know about more on stock before getting into it .

I hope this thread continues. I am also interested in Stocks.... But I have been told that it is a bad time right now. Is that correct?

Someone I know in investments once advised me that the best time to enter the PH stock market (if you're coming from a completely cash position) is around June to July. This is consistent with what happened last year - although that was caused by QE news of the US coming out May 2013. Also noteworthy that Peso has been slightly appreciating against the dollar - now back below 44, and seems to continuing to a downtrend.

• 3 months later...